Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LaGarrette Blount should be facing a long suspension. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 11

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

: September 09, 2009, 11:40:32 PM

Mike Bellotti and Chip Kelly only wanted a 4 game suspension, but the sports haters at UO (president) etc have more power.

Seattle Times (duck haters) think Oregon overreacted

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/budwithers/2009826969_withers09.html

CBS Sportsline thinks Boise State underreacted.
http://www.cbssports.com/columns/story/12175297

Bruce Hanna teammate of Hout in HS and teammate of Blount at Oregon I guess via facebook said pretty much Hout mouth finally caught up to him. He also said he was embrassed for Blount and Hout.  Take it for what its worth.

Bucz113

Starter

#1 : September 04, 2009, 01:39:21 AM

After the Oregon game, Blount punched a Boise State player in the mouth, fought with his teamates, and even went after some fans.  He was eventually carried to the locker room by security and coaches. 

I don't care how good the guy is.  I wouldn't suspend him, I'd kick him off the team.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 04, 2009, 01:44:37 AM

Welcome to the CFL buddy.  However, they did turn down PacMan.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 04, 2009, 01:44:53 AM

Did you miss the part where the DL goes up to him after the game and taunts him than shoves him?

Not excusing what he did, but I somehow doubt Blount punches him if the DL doesnt taunt and shove him, and I somehow doubt Blount goes into the stands if he wasnt shoved.

BSU players insticated it, Blount deserves to punch him, but after that was inexcuseable.  

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#4 : September 04, 2009, 01:47:32 AM

Please....

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#5 : September 04, 2009, 01:47:49 AM

My stand

If you shove your own teammate suspension (didnt see it but obviously happened) players has right to punch you.

Boise player comes in taunts you and shoves you... you deserve to be punched in the face

Going into the stands... suspension

Should be suspension 2-3 games IMO.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 04, 2009, 01:48:18 AM

Please....

so the Boise player never shoved him?

If you get shoved you just walk away?

DA GHOST OF?????

Practice Squad

#7 : September 04, 2009, 01:50:52 AM

Sore loser

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#8 : September 04, 2009, 01:52:44 AM

That is exactly what you do.  You surely do not go off in a rage and make yourself and your school look like idiots. Sure, it is hard and pushin back is to be expected but to act the way he did.  That is a joke.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#9 : September 04, 2009, 01:55:14 AM

That is exactly what you do.  You surely do not go off in a rage and make yourself and your school look like idiots. Sure, it is hard and pushin back is to be expected but to act the way he did.  That is a joke.

ok if you get shoved after playing a physical game, and probably a lot of trash talking during the game, and to top it off you had a bad game... and some guy who won the game walks up to you, says something, than shoves you... and you walk away? I wouldnt.

I see nothing wrong with that part. The other part I have a problem with.

And people still think pregame handshakes are good?

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#10 : September 04, 2009, 01:57:24 AM

You do not throw a punch.  Bottom line.  The rest topped it off.  Push back, get in his face, DO NOT punch!

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 04, 2009, 02:00:07 AM

You do not throw a punch.  Bottom line.  The rest topped it off.  Push back, get in his face, DO NOT punch!

Ok fight an even fight?

Do you know what was said?

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#12 : September 04, 2009, 02:01:34 AM

He was not pushed.  He was slapped on the shoulder pad.  He acted like a bafoon.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#13 : September 04, 2009, 02:08:52 AM

Oh ya Blount is from FLORIDA... man you Florida people are horrible/thugs, you need to calm down and let people taunt you than shove you.

And you need to put up with a hillbilly from Boise calling you the N word.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#14 : September 04, 2009, 02:52:19 AM

People, before we rush to judgement nobody really knows what was said.  Should Blount have punched the Boise State guy, no but it never would have happened had the Boise State guy just shut his mouth.  What I have the problem with is how Blount acted with his own teammates and then the fans.  Blount was running his mouth before the game and you have to expect the fans to get on your butt.  Now to push your teammates several times and not calm down when coaches and security is trying to calm you down this is where it crosses the line.  To me Chip Kelly has to make a statement and just kick the guy off the team as he crossed too many lines.  Everybody has a line to where if someone does or say something they will snap and make a mistake but to keep on escalating things that is just purely immature and shows some true character issues that apparently he has displayed in the past.

This was a poorly officiated game as there were several late hits by Boise State not called and no I am not an Oregon fan but just call the game the same way!!

Oregon, serious question - what happened to Walter Thurmond III as he is supposed to be one of the best CB's yet he really didn't show much?  Also, it is only one game but how do you think the team responds not only after this huge loss that the team had been looking for all last year but now due to the fight do you think Kelly looks to Belotti for some guidance?
Page: 1 2 3 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LaGarrette Blount should be facing a long suspension. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools