Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LaGarrette Blount should be facing a long suspension. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 11

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#15 : September 04, 2009, 03:04:43 AM

People, before we rush to judgement nobody really knows what was said.  Should Blount have punched the Boise State guy, no but it never would have happened had the Boise State guy just shut his mouth.  What I have the problem with is how Blount acted with his own teammates and then the fans.  Blount was running his mouth before the game and you have to expect the fans to get on your butt.  Now to push your teammates several times and not calm down when coaches and security is trying to calm you down this is where it crosses the line.  To me Chip Kelly has to make a statement and just kick the guy off the team as he crossed too many lines.  Everybody has a line to where if someone does or say something they will snap and make a mistake but to keep on escalating things that is just purely immature and shows some true character issues that apparently he has displayed in the past.

This was a poorly officiated game as there were several late hits by Boise State not called and no I am not an Oregon fan but just call the game the same way!!

Oregon, serious question - what happened to Walter Thurmond III as he is supposed to be one of the best CB's yet he really didn't show much?  Also, it is only one game but how do you think the team responds not only after this huge loss that the team had been looking for all last year but now due to the fight do you think Kelly looks to Belotti for some guidance?

I think Blount decision should be made by his teammates, not ESPN and guys like Lou Holtz who come to conclussion as soon as it happens.

The 2 bad calls were the PI. I thought they were very debateable. But Oregon just stuck up the joint.

Walter seemed to have a decent game, should have had a pick. The problem was not getting pressure on the QB which Allow-lot-i defense depends on.

I think the team wins next game vs Purdue, and should win vs Utah. They have 9 days to figure it out. Like I told my friends lets see at the end of september where Oregon is at. If you 3-1 with wins over Purdue, Utah and Cal, this game becomes irrelevent. But if your 1-3, 0-4 it means they never responded. I personally think they felt embarassed and will kill Purdue but we'll see.

Kelly has always had Bellotti, I dont think he needs to go to him. Hes a smart coach, he knows what went wrong. I just hope Kelly knows to never play a road thursday game and a non bcs school again... lose/lose.

#16 : September 04, 2009, 03:09:06 AM

You guys do realize the guy in the stands called Blount the N word right? I don't care who you are. You call a black person that, they're gonna come after you.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#17 : September 04, 2009, 03:10:00 AM

You guys do realize the guy in the stands called Blount the N word right? I don't care who you are. You call a black person that, they're gonna come after you.

was it the guys in the stands or the player?

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#18 : September 04, 2009, 03:16:36 AM

if it was the fans, than Blount still overracted a bit but it becomes more justified. No surprise it comes from Boise fans. Im sure those guys wouldnt call Blount the N word one on one. Fans think they can say and do whatever they want to players, and the media expects players to take it and deal with it, and when they dont they get killed and slaughtered by the media.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#19 : September 04, 2009, 03:37:57 AM

No matter your opinion on Blount, people gotta remember the 80+ kids in the locker room dont deserve to be labeled as bad kids, its pretty disheartening when you see people on other boards calling Oregon Ducks "Thugs" when 99% of the kids dont deserve the label, and represent the school/team with class.

luke99

Starter

#20 : September 04, 2009, 05:14:15 AM

Typical Oregon Fan trying to defend a THUG who punched another player. P)lus they got their A$$es Kicked!!!

LOLOL.... ;D ;D ;D ;D

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#21 : September 04, 2009, 09:26:50 AM

They guy should be suspended 5 games, minimum.  No excuse for punching the guy.  They guy who got punched should probably be suspended too for initiating it.

It was pretty funny how that guy went down like a sack of potatoes, though.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#22 : September 04, 2009, 10:32:03 AM

They guy should be suspended 5 games, minimum.  No excuse for punching the guy.  They guy who got punched should probably be suspended too for initiating it.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's gone for the year. Blount should have gotten in a better shot on that ahole...  What he did was plain wrong but I honestly don't blame him for doing it... and the instigator should have some type penalty alao... the stuff after that was just plain stupid, though. he should have realized he had just screwed up royally and gotten off the field ASAP.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#23 : September 04, 2009, 10:36:43 AM

Unless that DL admits to saying something wrong, I don't think he should get in trouble. 

With all the talking Blount did to the press, who would be supposed if that guy just got his attention to say "Hey, nice game." (-5 yards on 8 carries).

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#24 : September 04, 2009, 10:37:43 AM

What he did was plain wrong but I honestly don't blame him for doing it

If its "plain wrong" how can you not...ah nevermind. 

www.Atlbucs.com

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#25 : September 04, 2009, 10:40:30 AM

They guy should be suspended 5 games, minimum.� No excuse for punching the guy.� They guy who got punched should probably be suspended too for initiating it.

It's pretty complicated .... figured you couldn't grasp it.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#26 : September 04, 2009, 10:40:46 AM

I thought it was funny in a way.  The dlineman has a glass jaw!  He just glanced the guy and he dropped like Leon Spinks against Mike Tyson...LOL

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#27 : September 04, 2009, 10:43:19 AM

I thought it was funny in a way.  The dlineman has a glass jaw!  He just glanced the guy and he dropped like Leon Spinks against Mike Tyson...LOL

LOL .... I thought the same thing. He barely touched him.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#28 : September 04, 2009, 10:45:00 AM

They guy should be suspended 5 games, minimum.� No excuse for punching the guy.� They guy who got punched should probably be suspended too for initiating it.

It's pretty complicated .... figured you couldn't grasp it.

Its ok, drop some science on me brainiac. 

If its plain wrong and its that obvious - why don't you fault him for that?  Would you do the same thing - sucker punch someone and run away like a terrified little girl?

www.Atlbucs.com

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#29 : September 04, 2009, 10:46:58 AM

Right, wrong, or indifferent, the kid didn't run.  He backed up in a stance waiting for the dlineman to wake up...LOL  That kid was dazed.  They couldn't even get him on his feet. 

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LaGarrette Blount should be facing a long suspension. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools