Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buenning Benched « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#30 : October 17, 2006, 08:57:41 AM

Where's the bridge, bc your premise is 100% wrong.

Will replay the last couple of games to check out Buenning's performance, maybe even look at Mahan.

Chev - the oline is staying in place. I don't see the improvement - some decent run blocking - still using too many extras (tes and rbs) for pass protect. Too many 2 receiver routes. I still don't think this group is producing anywhere near where they should be. And I still think they need a kick ass guard that makes folks wonder about surviving the game. Had him and cut him. Heck, the way things have gone he could have stepped in at DT as well.

Don't get me wrong, I like Trueblood, Joseph, somebody else, Buenning and Davis. But they need to play better as their unit that can deal with 4-5 rushers without everyone else having to account for what should be their man. As to the batted ball issue, well it appears to be settled with qb replacement and movement of new qb. I do note the is a difference in the depth of qb drop - this continues to make me wonder about the relationship of both qbs to the HC.

Where do you think they should be?  Your elder statesman, aside from Wade, on the line has 3 years of experience and was undrafted?  They can't go anywhere but up...We're done with the rift raft and the plugins.  Once Wade is replaced that's it.  My hunch is for as much PT as he's getting either Mahan has pictures Muir doesn't want to get out or they are getting him PT so he can move in at Center...

As for people staying in to block, everyone employs those options at certain down and distance situations I think you guys are over blowing that scenario to downgrade some guys who are getting better.

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#31 : October 17, 2006, 09:08:54 AM

I think they should be techically sound, physically competitive and know the blocking schemes that match the plays being used in this system. 

So far I have watched them look lost as a unit in games 1 & most of 2.  Saw them looking for folks to block in game 3 (a shortage due to lack of rushers).  In game 4 too much help, too few receivers when bucs had the ball - but QB running and overall running was better helping out.   And last game - I still don't see the techically sound, physically competitive and know the blocking schemes that match the plays being used in this system.  Two tripping calls, motions.  break downs forcing a run by the qb, too many no gain running plays.  You know the eval process at least as well if not better than I do - you are seeing the same things - so they are young - forgive them.  Nope.  They are bucs - coach em up and get the production needed to be successful. 

The o is closer than most realize to being very good, Chev you know when the last bad piece is gone the entire O is gonna improve - so how long do the bucs wait.  It wasn't Buenning - and I don't think it was Simms.  The Oline is what must perform - on their own - as an anchor the qb can count on.  It is not an age thing - maybe some experience - but Buenning, Joseph and Trueblood might make some think differently. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buenning Benched « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools