Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: a collapse of monumental proportions « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#30 : October 17, 2006, 12:25:13 AM

It is so funny that they blew that game. I mean how do you blow a game like that. That is terrible. [banghead]
Two things the game proved was that Grossman is highly overrated. And the Bears defense is not impossible to crack.

Regardless, the Bears have a history of blowing it in the playoffs. I don't expect it to be any different. Remember Carolina went into Chicago and beat them. If the Bears have a meltdown like this against any of the other 30 teams in the league, they'd be blown out. Even Houston wouldn't have allowed that comeback.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#31 : October 17, 2006, 12:28:05 AM

Two things the game proved was that Grossman is highly overrated. And the Bears defense is not impossible to crack.

Regardless, the Bears have a history of blowing it in the playoffs. I don't expect it to be any different. Remember Carolina went into Chicago and beat them. If the Bears have a meltdown like this against any of the other 31 teams in the league, they'd be blown out. Even Houston wouldn't have allowed that comeback.

Dude, IMO Chicago will win the Lombardi.  They have a NASTY defense, a decent run game (Abandoned because they were trailing tonight).  The QB play will be better for the most part, because it can't get ANY worse.  The special teams play is great.  And a win like this shows it is better to be lucky than good sometimes. 

Anybody who player hates on the Bears is kidding themselves.  I just shudder at the thought of them playing the Bucs in Chicago in the snow and cold, with the wind chill making it -10.

The Bears are legit.  About as legit as it gets.  Magical wins like this one are the earmark of a champ.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 17, 2006, 12:30:38 AM

No... Magical wins like this are the earmarks of playing against a cursed team.

Remember Michael Pittman called Arizona "purgatory." Even Dexter Jackson said the organization is destined for eternal failure.

#33 : October 17, 2006, 12:33:39 AM

You should hear the Bears fans. They are convinced this is better than '85, that they will go 16-0 and win the Super Bowl.

After this, maybe they will!! '72 Dolphins are not happy 'bout this.

#34 : October 17, 2006, 12:36:53 AM

I agree with you B-Fink. The Bears are that good and to play as bad as they did and still win is proof of that.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#35 : October 17, 2006, 12:38:51 AM

After this, maybe they will!! '72 Dolphins are not happy 'bout this.

I think looking at the Bears schedule, there is no reason to think they can't pull it out.

New England at New England is the toughest they face.  They got Frisco, the Rams, Jets, Giants, Pit, ATL, GB, Det, MIA, and Min.

Not too difficult.  5 Home games left.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 17, 2006, 12:41:34 AM

Rex Grossman committing 6 TDs is good? That guy is going to single-handedly take that team down the toilet. I hated the guy at Florida and I think he's overrated. He ALWAYS thinks he has to win the game on one long pass play. He has no patience. That isn't going to change. It is just who he is.

If your QB commits 6 turnovers and you trail by 20 points going into the second half, you WILL lose 99.9% of the time. The only reason the Bears won was because the Cardinals blow.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#37 : October 17, 2006, 12:42:28 AM

Rex Grossman committing 6 TDs is good? That guy is going to single-handedly take that team down the toilet. I hated the guy at Florida and I think he's overrated. He ALWAYS thinks he has to win the game on one long pass play. He has no patience. That isn't going to change. It is just who he is.

If your QB commits 6 turnovers and you trail by 20 points going into the second half, you WILL lose 99.9% of the time. The only reason the Bears won was because the Cardinals blow.

They blow Batman.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#38 : October 17, 2006, 12:44:21 AM

Obviously I meant 6 TURNOVERS. No touchdowns.

It was a long monday, cut me some slack here.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#39 : October 17, 2006, 12:44:43 AM

Man was Denny Green PISSED OFF!  OMG!

And WTF is up with his hairdo?  Very disturbing.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#40 : October 17, 2006, 12:47:10 AM

Man was Denny Green PISSED OFF!  OMG!

And WTF is up with his hairdo?  Very disturbing.
Denny Green will be fired at the end of this season. Count on it.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#41 : October 17, 2006, 12:47:24 AM

Wow, Denny Green is going to blow a fuse! Boid, what's with you & Batman?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#42 : October 17, 2006, 12:48:09 AM

Denny Green will be fired at the end of this season. Count on it.

Oh I already know that.  I posted it earlier.

But the real question is:  This season, or at the end?  I say at the end, but another choke loss like that, and it might be week 8 or 9.  His track record is less than stellar in the desert.  It actually sucks Batman. ;)

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#43 : October 17, 2006, 12:48:39 AM

Wow, Denny Green is going to blow a fuse! Boid, what's with you & Batman?

Doncha know?  LMAO!

Goofy pics kiddo! 

gone

Hall of Famer
#44 : October 17, 2006, 12:49:47 AM

Indy?
Sure they almost lost to the Jets. But the Bears should have lost to the Cards!

And Tennesee....

No, the only thing I really take out of this is that their QB let his recent success get to his head and tried to be Superman, and STILL that D pulled off a win after 6 freakin turnovers.
Indy isn't playing at the level the bears are on either side of the ball.  Coming into today CHI was ranked just below Indy in total O and Indy was 3 below them in scoring.
CHI is the class of the NFL right now.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: a collapse of monumental proportions « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools