Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: a collapse of monumental proportions « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

« #45 : October 17, 2006, 12:53:15 AM »

I don't think they were conservative. Leinart was still throwing because they cannot run the ball.

They got extremely conservative. They ran the ball almost every 1st and 2nd down after they had the lead. They were lucky that Leinart was able to convert his 3rd down passes. Towards the end of the game they needed to run the 2 minute drill so you are right they weren't conservative there but they had a lot of opportunities in this game to go for the jugular with passing plays (which were working) and instead they chose to go with an ineffective running game.

They could have called anything on that 3rd down play but instead they gave the ball to Edge who was having a horrible game at that point who surprise surprise didn't come through for them. That was conservative. They could have called a QB draw and it would have worked 100x better.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #46 : October 17, 2006, 12:54:13 AM »

And Tennesee....

No, the only thing I really take out of this is that their QB let his recent success get to his head and tried to be Superman, and STILL that D pulled off a win after 6 freakin turnovers.
Indy isn't playing at the level the bears are on either side of the ball. Coming into today CHI was ranked just below Indy in total O and Indy was 3 below them in scoring.
CHI is the class of the NFL right now.

My boy actually flew out to that game.  What a lucky bastard.

He gets to see Edge carry the ball 37 times for the lowest total EVER in the HISTORY of the NFL.  He gets to see his team come back on MNF and not score a single NFL td and comeback from twenty down and win.  Another first in the HISTORY of the NFL.  And he is the luckiest man on the planet when it comes to these tyoes of things, and me and my GF were watching the game, and I practically predicted the game.  She was staring at me and going, how did you know?  I actually said the Bears would block the FG, but Rack missed it instead.  Either way, I was pretty on target in watching the meltdown.  

I was also laughing my ass off, and my GF felt bad for Leinart.  Must be his Cali-Boy image.  LMAO!

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

« #47 : October 17, 2006, 12:54:48 AM »

There have been better teams in this league that havn't gone 16-0. With the way the rules are and the parity, going 16-0 is impossible.

And your record is meaningless in the playoffs. The 1998 Vikings finished 15-1 and missed the Super Bowl.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #48 : October 17, 2006, 12:58:41 AM »

There have been better teams in this league that havn't gone 16-0. With the way the rules are and the parity, going 16-0 is impossible.

And your record is meaningless in the playoffs. The 1998 Vikings finished 15-1 and missed the Super Bowl.

Better than the Bears team we are watching right now?

Prior to this game, they led the NFL in points, scored and given up.  They just won a game they had no business winning.  Wow.

I don't know what NFL you are watching, but the Bears should go undefeated, and should get to the Superbowl this year.  They have intangibles, defense, offense, they just have that weird aura.  They have mauled an inferior competition, but the schedule doesn't get any tougher for them.

New England at New England is going to be tough, but that is about it.

gone

Hall of Famer
« #49 : October 17, 2006, 01:00:25 AM »

I agree with that, no way anyone who is 14-0 or 15-0 should be playing anyone other than their backups in wk 16. 
And your record isn't meaningless, it determines homefield and your opponents and an extra week off.  Which is a good thing unless you're Indy...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #50 : October 17, 2006, 01:02:52 AM »

I agree with that, no way anyone who is 14-0 or 15-0 should be playing anyone other than their backups in wk 16.
And your record isn't meaningless, it determines homefield and your opponents and an extra week off. Which is a good thing unless you're Indy...

Peyton Manning and Gang last year wasn't saying that...

They were all gung ho for playing to keep undefeated.

Got to go for it man!

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

« #51 : October 17, 2006, 01:04:48 AM »

And your record isn't meaningless, it determines homefield and your opponents and an extra week off. Which is a good thing unless you're Indy...

I mean once you are in the playoffs. Sure the record determines your seeding. But everyone is 0-0 again. You can finish the regular season 16-0. But lose the 1st playoff game and you watch the rest of the post-season from your sofa.

Also I don't think anyone wants to be 16-0. Remember when the Colts were 13-0 last year? The media attention was intense. So intense that I think that actually caused the team to lose focus. The underdog also has an extreme advantage in that situation.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #52 : October 17, 2006, 01:07:17 AM »

I mean once you are in the playoffs. Sure the record determines your seeding. But everyone is 0-0 again. You can finish the regular season 16-0. But lose the 1st playoff game and you watch the rest of the post-season from your sofa.

Also I don't think anyone wants to be 16-0. Remember when the Colts were 13-0 last year? The media attention was intense. So intense that I think that actually caused the team to lose focus. The underdog also has an extreme advantage in that situation.

Is that you Bob Griese?

Nah.  It has to be Shula saying stuff like that...lol!

« #53 : October 17, 2006, 01:09:01 AM »

Remember when the Colts were 13-0 last year? The media attention was intense. So intense that I think that actually caused the team to lose focus.

the death of Dungy's son probably had a lil to do with that also but i think the biggest thing is that they have a qb that has never performed on the grandest of stages.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

« #54 : October 17, 2006, 07:42:19 AM »

Man was Denny Green PISSED OFF!  OMG!

And WTF is up with his hairdo?  Very disturbing.

If I were a coach and obviously had a game plan , that worked mind you, and they screw it up like that...I'd have been pissed too...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

« #55 : October 17, 2006, 07:47:25 AM »

I can empathize with the Cards.  We've been there too many times.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
« #56 : October 17, 2006, 07:57:32 AM »

How the HECK did the Cardinals lose!!??

That is probably one of the most rediculous losses I've ever seen in the NFL.  They concede 2 fumble return touchdowns. a PR touchdown. Grossman got intercepted 4 TIMES and fumbled twice!! Rackers missed two easy field goals!

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future.” - Josh Freeman

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #57 : October 17, 2006, 08:06:37 AM »

Man was Denny Green PISSED OFF!  OMG!

And WTF is up with his hairdo?  Very disturbing.

LMAO!

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

« #58 : October 17, 2006, 09:04:09 AM »

I realize the Cardinals blew a great opportunity by making mistakes, but some people (not referring to this board) need to give the Bears respect for their defense. That defense kept them in the football game until the end. That defense WAS their offense last night.  ;) I normally don't support the Chicago Bears. I enjoyed watching Ditka on the sidelines in the 80's, but I honestly don't follow that team. However, that was a heck of a comeback last night. I won't tell you what I said when they returned the kick-off for a touchdown that made my wife wake up and slap me, but it loudly rhymed with 'holy whit.'  ;) That was an incredible comeback; sparked by the defense. You take opportunities when they come to you, and the Bears did that.

drywallbuc

Starter

« #59 : October 17, 2006, 10:25:21 AM »

i try not to talk to much smak about come from behind wins, we took a big on monday night game with indy. it still burns to think about it, i blamed keyshawn for that one(im glad hes gone). rexy still throws like his college coach was coaching, remember the old fun-n-gun off. i wasn't happy to see spurrier get his ass kicked in the nfl, i was ecstatic. he was awfully sure of his off. coaching abillities until he got too the nfl.

buy american
hire american
save america

boycott chinese goods
  Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: a collapse of monumental proportions « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools