Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Florida State VS Miami « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#30 : September 07, 2009, 04:18:27 PM

probably the fastest defense FSU has EVER had and that is saying a lot.

really?  c'mon now.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

LFO

Hall of Famer

#31 : September 07, 2009, 04:44:54 PM

Are the announcers going to tell us we're watching the two best defenses in the country for the tenth year in a row when both offenses completely suck for the tenth year in a row?

QFT...

I was talking about this exact thing at work the other day. 

LFO

Hall of Famer

#32 : September 07, 2009, 04:50:03 PM

Maybe Bowden himself said it best a few years back, has the game passed him by?

Maybe this explains why Bobby Bowden won so many games in the past. This, courtesy of our friends over at Every Day Should Be Saturday. Bowden said it on September 13, 2006 --- "I don't like offensive football the way it is nowadays. Offensive football today is a game of formations. When I used to work the offense, you lined up in one formation and you played that way the whole game. You could tell every thing the other team was doing. If they did this, you go there. If they did this, you go here. If they do this, you do that. But now it's 'put this formation in and they do this. Put this formation in and they do that.' Try to always get some kind of a mismatch. But that's the way the pros play it. Colleges are the same way."

I think Miami wins...they NEED this.  If not, they might be staring at an 0-4 start, even with Bradford out possibly at OU.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#33 : September 07, 2009, 07:27:34 PM

we need it too.  we have more to lose.  we are higher ranked and at home.  we are on the way back up and miami is still struggling.  If we take care of business and win tonight its good for recruiting, national media exposure and generally another step in the right direction to getting the program back to where it should be.  miami, on the other hand, has a coach on the hot seat.  many expect him gone after the year.  if they pull off an upset it could give them a spark and knock us backwards.  FSU needs this game bad.   

mrtks

Pro Bowler

#34 : September 07, 2009, 08:05:37 PM

I'm a gator but I do love seeing Chief Osceola and Renegade.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#35 : September 07, 2009, 09:03:13 PM

I thought FSU's O-Line was supposed to be a strength?  Still look like the same turn-styles on pass plays and they aren't getting ANY push on run plays.  8 carries for -2 yards right now.  Fortunately Ponder is moving around pretty good and avoiding sacks and creating a little, but man he is going to get killed one of these times if they don't block better.

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
#36 : September 07, 2009, 09:20:08 PM

I can't remember the last time there was a poised FSU QB.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#37 : September 07, 2009, 09:31:53 PM

This is turning out to be a Great Game...I even turned off WWE to watch this...LOL...Go Canes...and who ever plays FSU...OBD

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#38 : September 07, 2009, 09:32:17 PM

I can't remember the last time there was a poised FSU QB.
Chris Weinke?   Florida State looked horrible on that last drive.

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#39 : September 07, 2009, 09:35:59 PM

Christian Ponder might be the worst QB of any of the Florida schools.. hell I would take Rusty Smith over him.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#40 : September 07, 2009, 09:38:16 PM

Good first half. Both teams have shown that they are not completely horrid on the offensive side of the ball.

Hoping for a tough, close fought second half of football.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#41 : September 07, 2009, 09:43:54 PM

Christian Ponder might be the worst QB of any of the Florida schools.. hell I would take Rusty Smith over him.

Ponder is playing well. its our defense that is hurting us.  FSU cant put any pressure on the QB w/o blitzing and our young secondary is being exposed.

biffbeaumont

Starter

#42 : September 07, 2009, 09:45:44 PM

Ponder is playing well. its our defense that is hurting us.  FSU cant put any pressure on the QB w/o blitzing and our young secondary is being exposed.

Ponder is doing just fine, the one overthrow INT  notwithstanding. Both defenses look pretty sloppy tonight. Erin Andrews, on the other hand, looks great!

LFO

Hall of Famer

#43 : September 07, 2009, 09:46:39 PM

Good first half. Both teams have shown that they are not completely horrid on the offensive side of the ball.

Hoping for a tough, close fought second half of football.

Yeah, they aren't looking bad.  I'm not sure if the defenses are actually bad this time around or what.  I feel like I am watching a Big 12 game with all the WIDE open WR.

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#44 : September 07, 2009, 09:54:46 PM

The smirk after that huge interception at the end would concern me.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Florida State VS Miami « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools