Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ADW's Thoughts as of 09/04/09 « previous next »
Page: 1

alldaway

Hall of Famer
: September 04, 2009, 09:57:32 AM

First I want to go over the first half of the season:

Cowboys:  I have been watching them in pre season, and two things I noticed about them.  1. Tony Romo truly does make that o-line look better than they really are in pass pro.  2.  That defensive secondary looks very suspect from my point of view.  Everyone expects the Bucs to lose this game, but as I watch the Cowboys this pre season they are looking very mortal IMVHO.

Bills: This team I am not willing to underestimate, but AFAIK their defensive scheme is a watered down version of the cover 2.  **CENSORED** Jauron likes to use vanilla types of defenses so the Bucs offense shouldn't struggle against them.  It is Buffalo's offense that appears to be potent and may decide the fate of this game.  But that offensive line looks shaky even if Trent Edwards is under center.

Giants:  I do not see the Bucs winning this game, but it is possible because their passing attack appears limited if you look beyond their starting WR's (yeah that sounds familiar *cough *Bucs*cough*).  Anyways if the Bucs can neutralize G-men pass rush with a Graham-Ward-Caddy-P nut attack I wouldn't be surprised.

Redskins:  Their QB Jason Campbell for whatever reason appears to be regressing, and that offensive line is a patchwork.  They invested a lot of resources on the defensive line, but that o-line is sieve.  Their WR situation appears to be in limbo with a lot of their young WR's struggling.

Eagles:  This team would be my pick for the Super Bowl for the 2009 season, BUT....their starting offensive line has yet to gel due to injuries, one of their best defensive players on D is out for the year which leaves their LB core very weak, McDermott is a new DC who hopes to mirror the late JJ, and their secondary is simply not the same even if Dawk had lost a step.  I know Eagle fans can be very negative, but most feel this team will not be firing on all cylinders till late in the season.

Panthers:  Another team embracing the vanilla cover 2, and so far it hasn't worked out for them.  Still I think their D will gel to an extent with their front seven.  But that back four has looked very bad thus far, and surprisingly that may be the weak link on D (not the defensive tackle position as many anticipated) heading into the regular season.

Patriots:  This team will be tough to beat, but on neutral ground I like the Bucs' chance.  In fact if their secondary doesn't improve they look very beatable.  That is why they have focused more on 4-3 play lately to try to generate pressure to mask weaknesses in the secondary.  Also they have personnel at LB better suited for such play style anyways.

Now to current events:

The firing of Jags while surprising is fine with me, but the promotion of Olsen I have mixed feelings for.  At least he is no Paul Hackett/John Shoop clone.  He has experience at the NFL level, but has it ever been on a team with a winning record above .500 while he was the OC?

And for those that still doubt Bates as the DC give him a chance because this defensive group assembled looks very potent.  I have enjoyed the glimpses of what I have seen thus far in pre season from them.  Probably the most under rated defensive unit heading into the 2009 season IMO.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 04, 2009, 10:20:09 AM

Falcons:

Their #1 D let a John Beck led Ravens back-up offense to drive 90 yrds for a TD. The Falcant defense is going to be horrific this year and will put massive pressure on Ryan and the offense to score at will, he won't be in a comfy position to manage the game like last year. I expect to see his TD/Int ratio to go south and the Falcants won't make the playoffs this year.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 04, 2009, 10:22:54 AM

There is no chance the Bucs can beat any of those teams you just listed considering their current state.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#3 : September 04, 2009, 10:26:24 AM

There is no chance the Bucs can beat any of those teams you just listed considering their current state.

good thing the games dont start until next week.  or does the current state continue that far?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#4 : September 04, 2009, 10:26:56 AM

Falcons:

Their #1 D let a John Beck led Ravens back-up offense to drive 90 yrds for a TD. The Falcant defense is going to be horrific this year and will put massive pressure on Ryan and the offense to score at will, he won't be in a comfy position to manage the game like last year. I expect to see his TD/Int ratio to go south and the Falcants won't make the playoffs this year.

The Falcons defense hinges on Abraham's health if you really think about it, and he isn't the pinnacle of health.

For the second half of the season the Bucs last 8 games have them playing 5 divisional games.  And the last two games are against divisional foes.  So anything is possible my fellow Bucs fans. 8)

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : September 04, 2009, 10:44:07 AM

good thing the games dont start until next week.  or does the current state continue that far?

It continues until Morris is gone.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 04, 2009, 10:56:28 AM

Dallas has become more of a ball control team. That OL isn't as good as folks think though so the run first thing might not work as well as people think. They have shown almost no explosion in the passing game despite having speed at the outside with Miles Austin. The kid most folks haven't seen is Felix Jones who is a big play type threat that will be used by Dallas the way NO wishes they could use Reggie Bush.

The defense has been solid. You haven't seen the real defense until Wade starts setting up his blitzes. I'm not sure why you think the secondary is a question. They are 3 deep at CB and their S play has gotten better.

What DAL does not have is depth, anywhere. That won't be a big deal for their offense but if we can control clock in the heat we'll grind that defense down and if they start putting backups in we'll run wild.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Trojan52

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 04, 2009, 11:00:21 AM

The only divisional opponent I'm afraid will give us fits are the Saints.

The Panthers may have our number at least once this year, but I got us steam rolling over the falcons.

The best I got us doing the division is 4-2 and the worst I have us going is 3-3.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#8 : September 04, 2009, 11:15:58 AM

The Panthers may have our number at least once this year, but I got us steam rolling over the falcons.

That ain't gonna happen, ATL's defense won't be great but like the Aints they'll have enough offense to make anything interesting.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#9 : September 04, 2009, 11:22:32 AM

I don't know about this Bills offensive potency... Have they even scored a TD in preseason? They will be without Marshawn Lynch to. I am going to that game so I am hoping we win it, I think the bills defense will give us more trouble than you think...

k_bassuka

Starter

#10 : September 04, 2009, 11:26:27 AM

Cowboys - Good D and O. They have a good QB that can make mistakes at times but usually on the second half of the season let’s hope he acts like this for this game. We have an ok looking D with an O that no one knows what its going to produce and not too much time together thanks to the QB comp, WR injuries and the terrible play from Trueblood(don't know why he's starting). I doubt we win this game.

Bills - We have similar teams so anything can happen, it's our best chance to win a game in the first half, and since they don't have Lynch for this game will help us.

Giants - Agree with you.

Redskins - It's going to be about Portis, if we can't stop him (and he is a 1st half back) then we will loose the game. Agree we have a fair chance to win it.

Eagles - Doubt it, they have a great QB that can extend plays and our young secondary will struggle unless we keep constant pressure against him(that'll be a miracle) plus they have too many playmakers on offense which is going to cause us to throw more and more likely will be picked off a few times.

Panthers - A beatable rival, and since we have new schemes it could gives us an advantage. Pre-season don't count and they're going to miss that big fella especially if we get our running game rolling. 50-50 chance.

Pats - I think we'll have to put up like 35+ points to stay in the game with this guys, their defense is not the same but they still manage to put pressure on the QB. It's almost a guaranteed lost unless an injury (to Brady) happens or we keep him eating dirt. The weather and player fatigue could be factors also.

I can see us 2-4 wins. Wouldn't shock me if we are 0-7 or 7-0 by that point neither, we have a young team and too many new things that could turned out to be good or bad, it is a rebuilding year right.

Madman

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 04, 2009, 12:45:23 PM

Game 8 will be tough too with Green Bay coming to town.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#12 : September 04, 2009, 01:15:33 PM

The "current state" in the NFL changes hourly.

Right now, Dallas looks tough but not unbeatable. But if ToRo trips over one of Jessica's old bras and sprains something, the current state has changed.
Right now Buffalo looks more chaotic than Tampa with OC changes, HC on a very hot seat, etc. One TO popcorn kernel away from implosion.
Right now, NYG looks formidable, but if Eli forgets his last name again, we could score 14+ on D, which would be enough to win it.
Right now the Redskins look like...the same old Redskins, that is beatable.
Right now the Iggles look like SB favorites, but McNabb never gets injured, never.
Right now, the Panthers are division rivals. OK, that won't change, but that means anything can happen. (we got swept by a pathetic Saints team in '02, they were half of our losses)
Right now the Pats are...we don't now because Bellichek only speaks in gibberese to the media, but if Brady is hurt midseason, their "state" has changed.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ADW's Thoughts as of 09/04/09 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools