Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The official Start Josh Johnson thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Booker

Hall of Famer

#30 : September 04, 2009, 10:45:38 PM

People think they are GMs because we post in a thread you started saying to start our fourth string QB because he had on Td and one INT against cut bait? Hmmm...

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#31 : September 04, 2009, 10:51:26 PM

JJ probably set himself up for a nice trade or a chance to quickly catch on with another team if we decide not to keep 4 QB's.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#32 : September 04, 2009, 11:01:19 PM

Not that playing against 4th stringers makes any difference...

No, Rex Grossman should be our QB if we can swing a trade. I mean that dude was rippin' it up throwing the deep ball. Unleash the Dragon comes to Tampa.

Irony is many on this board were against Rex.  Lefty will be alright, but people need to have realistic expectations with QB's.  JJ shows a lot of promise though.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#33 : September 04, 2009, 11:16:55 PM

Yeah...that is ironic ADW.

Rex has a little bit of mobility, can throw a deep pass...Byron has no mobility, can throw a deep pass.

Both are turnover machines.

I would have rather had Grossman to be honest.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#34 : September 04, 2009, 11:22:05 PM

Rex has a little bit of mobility, can throw a deep pass...Byron has no mobility, can throw a deep pass.

If you think Leftwich is injury prone, has there ever been a season where Grossman was starter that he didn't end up getting carted off the field on a stretcher?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#35 : September 04, 2009, 11:25:02 PM

If you think Leftwich is injury prone, has there ever been a season where Grossman was starter that he didn't end up getting carted off the field on a stretcher?
How does this matter?

Booker

Hall of Famer

#36 : September 04, 2009, 11:28:41 PM

Grossman over Lefty based on Grossman's 54% completion rate? His 33/35 TD to INT ratio? Or his 70% QB rating?

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#37 : September 04, 2009, 11:53:30 PM

How does this matter?

It's hard to throw passes from the trainer's room.

#38 : September 05, 2009, 12:15:23 AM

stop for one second and consider who JJ was playing against.  He was playing against the 4th string Defense on the Houston Texans.   It doesnt get much worse that that...... except for perhaps the Bucs 4th string Defense. 

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#39 : September 05, 2009, 12:22:34 AM

How does this matter?

It's hard to throw passes from the trainer's room.
And?

I made my case for prefernce...

Did you get that?

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#40 : September 05, 2009, 12:24:35 AM

stop for one second and consider who JJ was playing against.  He was playing against the 4th string Defense on the Houston Texans.   It doesnt get much worse that that...... except for perhaps the Bucs 4th string Defense.  

......and he was playing with a fourth string offense. It's all relative.

Trojan52

Hall of Famer

#41 : September 05, 2009, 12:29:01 AM

why is this been even being commented on?

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The official Start Josh Johnson thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools