Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: #1 vs Charleston Southern « previous next »
Page: 1 2

mrtks

Pro Bowler

#15 : September 06, 2009, 02:42:10 AM

tebow just does not look like an NFL QB.  Sorry fellas.

FLA is a good collegiate team, however.  And Tebow is an NFL caliber talent.  Just not a good QB, IMO.
His Heisman, 2 NCAA championships, and superb leadership says otherwise, Boid.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#16 : September 06, 2009, 09:32:04 AM

Why Tebow won't make it in the NFL, he keeps hitting his receivers in the hard part of their hands rather than hitting the soft spot.

He needs to start throwing at face masks LOL - watching the replay - wasn't goin go until I read your posts - made me chuckle as I read...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Trojan52

Hall of Famer

#17 : September 06, 2009, 11:18:32 AM

Anybody win any money off that +73 favorites tab they had on the game?

Runole

Hall of Famer
#18 : September 06, 2009, 12:08:46 PM

Charleston Southern?  Is that a type of dance they do in the South?

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#19 : September 06, 2009, 12:38:42 PM

FLA is a good collegiate team, however.  And Tebow is an NFL caliber talent.  Just not a good QB, IMO.
None of this means jack when translating from the college game to the NFL. 

I'm a TT fan, but dude won't be a good NFL QB.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#20 : September 06, 2009, 02:44:18 PM

IDK, the only problem I see with him is his windup/delivery. If he can speed that up, he has the arm, the athleticism, the mind, and he is one big SOB, so I don't see why he couldn't learn the NFL game, in the right circumstances (as in NOT Detroit, Oakland, etc.).

If he was drafted by NE, Indy, or some team with a good older vet, where he could develop and not be thrown to the wolves day 1, I think he could do very well.

mrtks

Pro Bowler

#21 : September 06, 2009, 04:15:18 PM

How could you possibly know that. He has what alot of failed qbs don't have---the smarts and the will.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#22 : September 06, 2009, 06:19:39 PM

He may or may not be an NFL calibre talent but those 3 attributes aren't deciding factors ...

I only saw one highlight of the game and it was a td pass to, I think, Hernandez (?) and at the end Rainey took a bullcrap Sapp-esque cheap shot on one of the CSU players ... Nice.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#23 : September 06, 2009, 08:26:27 PM

tebow just does not look like an NFL QB. Sorry fellas.

FLA is a good collegiate team, however. And Tebow is an NFL caliber talent. Just not a good QB, IMO.

How could you possibly know that.
It's pure speculation, but I actually have formulated my opinion due to various non-a subject for debate factors.

He has a poor throwing motion/delivery
He has zero experience in anything that resembles a traditional pro-style offense. Hell, he hasn't hardly even taken any snaps under center.
He has what alot of failed qbs don't have---the smarts and the will.
You're stupid.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

LFO

Hall of Famer

#24 : September 07, 2009, 10:03:56 PM

Nice quotes from the Charleston Southern HC and QB:

http://www.csusports.com/article.asp?articleID=3508

GAINESVILLE, Fla. - Postgame quotes from Charleston Southern Head Coach Jay Mills and starting QB A.J. Toscano

Head Coach Jay Mills

On getting the opportunity to face off with the top-ranked team in the country:
“We can say that we played an outstanding team, one of the better teams in the country if not the best team in the country and a team that may be in the discussion by the end of the season as far as the best teams of the decade and even of all time.”

On what pleased him about his team’s performance:
“I think the thing that impressed me about our guys was that they played with great determination, they didn’t flinch. We went eyeball to eyeball and left it all on the field. We showed great perseverance against overwhelming odds.”

On taking positives from a loss:
“I told them the scoreboard is just one measure of success, but being able to persevere and overcome obstacles is important as well. Perseverance develops character.”

On the hospitality the Bucs received from Florida:
“We’re so thankful to the University of Florida for giving us this opportunity to play them. We’re thankful for the first-class treatment we got from everybody associated with the University. The Florida team has first-class athletes, but they are also young men of character.”

On spending the week in the national media spotlight:
“I’m grateful for the attention we received this past week. It was unlike any week our university has ever had. Through that attention, I think we glorified God through our actions.”

On the atmosphere at The Swamp:
“The crowd noise didn’t die down throughout the entire game. It was just an awesome atmosphere. Whether they’re cheering for you or cheering against you, our guys have never been a part of that before and it was a great experience.”

On his team’s offensive execution:
“Outside of some trouble with the crowd noise, I think our offense was close to achieving what we are capable of achieving. We moved the ball well. We didn’t get the ball into the end zone, and that is a disappointment, but I think we come away with some confidence on offense that we can move the ball with consistency.”

QB A.J. Toscano

On getting to play at Florida:
“It was a fun experience. Like a lot of guys on our team, I’ve never played in anything close to this kind of experience, so for me it was just fun.”

On whether or not the team was intimidated by Florida:
“A lot of people asked me before the game if we were scared or nervous, and I didn’t see that in any of us. I know I wasn’t. We were confident coming in because we knew we could compete with these guys.”

On losing the game:
“It’s not the best feeling, but like Coach said, it’s not always about the scoreboard. Offensively, I think we come out of this game with a lot of confidence.”

On how his offense performed:
“We came out and moved the ball against one of the top, if not the top defense in the nation, and there’s not much more you can ask for.”

On the focus his team maintained after falling behind:
“Florida’s offense scored pretty quickly on their first drive, but I looked at our offense and all of the guys were ready to get back out (on the field). That gave me confidence to keep fighting.”

#25 : September 08, 2009, 08:41:58 AM

My predicition many NFL regimes including this one will be very very sorry they didnt give Tebow a chance at QB or at all

All the guy does is win. You put him around a team that has a few weapons and he will win footbal games

LFO

Hall of Famer

#26 : September 08, 2009, 08:22:16 PM

My predicition many NFL regimes including this one will be very very sorry they didnt give Tebow a chance at QB or at all

All the guy does is win. You put him around a team that has a few weapons and he will win footbal games

He'll get a chance, it will be the ones who passed him up with the regrets.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: #1 vs Charleston Southern « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools