Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Roll Tide. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

LFO

Hall of Famer

#15 : September 07, 2009, 09:51:50 PM

Bama's schedule sets up well, the only tough road game left will be @ Ole Miss.  That game will likely be the key.  Ole Miss plays all their tough games at home, toughest road game looks to be at SC or Auburn....neither of which should be too tough for them.

I think the winner of that Oct. 10 game at Ole Miss wins the west, and I think that will be Alabama.  I can't see LSU winning it as they play UF and UGA unlike the others, and also get Ole Miss and Bama.  The winner of that Oct. 10 game will essentially have a 2 game edge, and I don't see the winner losing 2 other games. 

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#16 : September 08, 2009, 12:23:09 AM

Bama's schedule sets up well, the only tough road game left will be @ Ole Miss.  That game will likely be the key.  Ole Miss plays all their tough games at home, toughest road game looks to be at SC or Auburn....neither of which should be too tough for them.

I think the winner of that Oct. 10 game at Ole Miss wins the west, and I think that will be Alabama.  I can't see LSU winning it as they play UF and UGA unlike the others, and also get Ole Miss and Bama.  The winner of that Oct. 10 game will essentially have a 2 game edge, and I don't see the winner losing 2 other games. 

Both Bama and Ole Miss play UT who might be pretty good (based on one game against a scrub?). UT certainly has talent, the question is coaching and the system change.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#17 : September 08, 2009, 12:04:20 PM

Bama's schedule sets up well, the only tough road game left will be @ Ole Miss. That game will likely be the key. Ole Miss plays all their tough games at home, toughest road game looks to be at SC or Auburn....neither of which should be too tough for them.

I think the winner of that Oct. 10 game at Ole Miss wins the west, and I think that will be Alabama. I can't see LSU winning it as they play UF and UGA unlike the others, and also get Ole Miss and Bama. The winner of that Oct. 10 game will essentially have a 2 game edge, and I don't see the winner losing 2 other games.

Don't count out Tennessee.  Monte Kiffen's defense vs that shaky Bama offense...

Trojan52

Hall of Famer

#18 : September 08, 2009, 02:17:26 PM

Hey Herc #52...didn't know you were an Alabama Fan.....I graduated from Alabama in 1988! I watched this game and could not believe how many times Saban used the wildcat. I thought it was horrible. First play....wildcat? You have 3 new OL men, a new QB, new backfield and this is what you're running? How the hell was the QB kid supposed to find any rhythm? I'm glad it all worked out and he eventually settled down, but at one point McElroy was 2 for 12......ugh.  No matter, we won and our defense looked great as did our backfield. ROLL TIDE!!!!!!
Sure am, huge Bama fan.

My Dad was went to Alabama while Bear was the coach, he only played a year and was roommates with Walter Lewis, the first black QB for Alabama during his one year with the team. My dad was even invited over to eat a couple of times to the Bryant's household.

Anyway, our defense is still our strong point that and the running game, just like always. I'm just glad to finally just some consistency in the Head Coach position. Saben seems like a decent guy, I need to do more research on him, besides his high times in LSU and brief stint with the Dolphins. QB play was a huge factor in us not scoring in our trips to the redopne early on, defiantly need to work on our redzone offense.

Roll Tide!

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#19 : September 08, 2009, 07:23:41 PM

Wow, at what point did you jump on the Bama bandwagon?  Don't know much about your head coach, don't know the names of your players, what else?  Big Bama fan or Bandwagon fan?

LFO

Hall of Famer

#20 : September 08, 2009, 08:20:19 PM

Bama's schedule sets up well, the only tough road game left will be @ Ole Miss. That game will likely be the key. Ole Miss plays all their tough games at home, toughest road game looks to be at SC or Auburn....neither of which should be too tough for them.

I think the winner of that Oct. 10 game at Ole Miss wins the west, and I think that will be Alabama. I can't see LSU winning it as they play UF and UGA unlike the others, and also get Ole Miss and Bama. The winner of that Oct. 10 game will essentially have a 2 game edge, and I don't see the winner losing 2 other games.

Don't count out Tennessee.  Monte Kiffen's defense vs that shaky Bama offense...

I don't see UT doing much this year. 

The Monte D we know isn't what we'll see this year.  It will take a couple years to get the personnel for anything close to that, and even then as Ronde has said it takes a few years to get the system down.  I think we'll see a stripped down version, and really don't think it will be even close to as effective.  Monte Jr. is a moron, and I doubt we'll see much offensively versus the good teams. 

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#21 : September 08, 2009, 10:27:03 PM

I'm pretty sure that Tennessee sucks.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

LFO

Hall of Famer

#22 : September 08, 2009, 10:33:23 PM

I'm pretty sure that Tennessee sucks.

Agreed.

I hope they win this week vs. UCLA.  That way they come into the swamp next weekend, ranked, when they leave with their beating. 

Trojan52

Hall of Famer

#23 : September 08, 2009, 10:35:32 PM

Shouldn't you know the names of the players on your favorite team?  Maybe its just me but if I follow a team I know who they are, what they play and their strengths and weaknesses.
Wow, at what point did you jump on the Bama bandwagon?  Don't know much about your head coach, don't know the names of your players, what else?  Big Bama fan or Bandwagon fan?
You got a hard on for me? Both of your comments in this thread questioning my favorite team?

Spend your timer better than worrying about me. I've been raised an Alabama fan through and through.

Trojan52

Hall of Famer

#24 : September 09, 2009, 09:12:19 PM

I'm a busy guy, if I'm not at school from monday to thursday, I'm at the fire house, if I'm not at the firehouse, I'm at the gym, if I'm not at the gym I'm spending time with Gabby, Karina or Julisa, not with them I'm kicking it with my old football buddies.

I follow the team with my free time, sorry if that doesn't meet the standards of you and Samarai28...

Trojan52

Hall of Famer

#25 : September 13, 2009, 09:22:07 AM

Roll Tide 2-0.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#26 : September 13, 2009, 10:36:56 AM

This was actually a close game for a long time.

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

biffbeaumont

Starter

#27 : September 13, 2009, 10:56:32 AM

I was watching the updates during the OSU-USC game and it was 20-14 for an eternity.....glad they finally got it together... ROLL TIDE!!

Trojan52

Hall of Famer

#28 : January 08, 2010, 12:43:16 AM

Thought I needed to finish out the season with the thread I started it with,

Roll Tide~!

biffbeaumont

Starter

#29 : January 08, 2010, 07:54:26 AM

Indeed. Roll tide!  That freshman QB and Shipley put a scare on us but we pulled it out.  Great game......
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Roll Tide. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools