Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Poll: Are you glad the "Great White Hype" is gone? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

king_frog

Hall of Famer
« : September 10, 2009, 10:44:52 AM »

If Lefty is a mediocre journeyman, what would that make Mccown?

Here's my point. I don't think we really know what he had in McCown. 7 starts and a few pre season games is nothing to judge a player by. Leftwich on the other hand has proven in over 50 starts that he's trash.
Pat,
I'm with you on this !!

TheKeyStoneBucs

Second String

« #1 : September 10, 2009, 10:33:45 AM »

Well let's just see how the Great Black hope does. 

"Get the Funk out of Ma face"

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #2 : September 10, 2009, 09:58:35 AM »

McCown always reminded me of Rob Johnson.

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

« #3 : September 10, 2009, 08:31:48 AM »

I'm elated. The Luke McCown error is over.

How 'bout you?

No. He's a lot better than Leftwich. Morris dropped the ball with this one. That's what happens when you make up your mind in April.

At what? Cards? Cuz it sure aint being a professional QB in the NFL.

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

« #4 : September 10, 2009, 08:23:36 AM »

How 'bout you?

No.  He's a lot better than Leftwich.  Morris dropped the ball with this one.  That's what happens when you make up your mind in April.

DKWEST

Starter

« #5 : September 10, 2009, 06:39:37 AM »

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

« #6 : September 10, 2009, 09:18:10 AM »

How 'bout you?

No. He's a lot better than Leftwich. Morris dropped the ball with this one. That's what happens when you make up your mind in April.

I know Morris is a rookie HC, but I gotta believe that him and Olson know more about the situation than either your or myself.  They said the best man for the job was Leftwich.  I can think of many reasons why they're correct.  What are your reasons for detracting?

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

« #7 : September 10, 2009, 01:51:01 AM »

Actually, just wanted to keep my point real.

I'm more of an equal opportunity offender....

and other than helping me demonstrate a point - I don't hate Johnson - I just think he fit the last offense we ran, really, really well.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

« #8 : September 10, 2009, 01:36:25 AM »

Now, what exactly did McCown being white have to do with this debate?

Can you guys simply let Gruden, McCown and Johnson (Josh) just fade already - without mixing in race?

Incomparable sig by Incognito

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #9 : September 10, 2009, 01:40:49 AM »

Now, what exactly did McCown being white have to do with this debate?

Can you guys simply let Gruden, McCown and Johnson (Josh) just fade already - without mixing in race?

WT, why do you hate on JJ so much?

You cannot be one of those guys who has heavily invested themselves into the fate of one cat, are you?

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

« #10 : September 10, 2009, 12:40:08 AM »

Gotta get the kid ready to play.

Well, now that they've chosen to start Bryon... Thery're going to have to this season.

Seriously. I'll bet that BL gets hurt week 3-6 (somewhere around there). Not that I'd want it to happen, but I'm just THAT sure it will.

We need  to start a pool on this topic. I got "fitty" on week 4 btw.  :D

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

« #11 : September 06, 2009, 07:32:17 AM »

How 'bout you?

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

« #12 : September 06, 2009, 08:24:03 AM »

He's always been a tantalizing tease; tons of physical ability, but has not been able to develop any level of consistency on the football field.This may be his last real chance...
     Yes, I thought the Bucs would be better off in the long run to drop the loser of the "great QB hunt" and go with the 2 Josh's as our backup QB's. Getting anything for McCown was a bonus!
     Short term we'll never know how it would've changed things to keep him, as inconsistency has dogged McCown his entire NFL career. I think this was the right call by Raheem, as both Josh's look to have worlds of potential. Keeping 4 QB's would've stunted their growth unnecessarily, IMHO.

BucFanOcala

Starter

« #13 : September 06, 2009, 08:33:18 AM »

I was high on luke comming into training camp and preason but as the poster above stated his incosisity  and bone headed mistakes have not improved at all and at this point sandwich gives the bucs the best chance at winning...

Luke thanks for that monday night thiller in nawlings..The only trully exciting game of that season.     and career lol

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

« #14 : September 06, 2009, 08:56:56 AM »

The guy has always sucked...3rd string quality at best

Bring back GRUDEN!!!
  Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Poll: Are you glad the "Great White Hype" is gone? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools