Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Poll: Are you glad the "Great White Hype" is gone? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

SoFlaBucFan

Rookie

#15 : September 06, 2009, 09:22:19 AM

Yes.  The guy had a great arm and was mobile, that's why you always heard good things about him during off season workouts and OTAs (even when Gruden was here).  But when the games were played he just didn't have it upstaits to compete at this level.  At least not as a starter. 

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#16 : September 06, 2009, 09:23:20 AM

just happy that freemen can get some good reps so he can really develop the right way

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#17 : September 06, 2009, 09:25:30 AM

I have yet to see anyone bemoaning the loss.

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#18 : September 06, 2009, 09:37:03 AM

He's always been a tantalizing tease; tons of physical ability, but has not been able to develop any level of consistency on the football field.This may be his last real chance...
     Yes, I thought the Bucs would be better off in the long run to drop the loser of the "great QB hunt" and go with the 2 Josh's as our backup QB's. Getting anything for McCown was a bonus!
     Short term we'll never know how it would've changed things to keep him, as inconsistency has dogged McCown his entire NFL career. I think this was the right call by Raheem, as both Josh's look to have worlds of potential. Keeping 4 QB's would've stunted their growth unnecessarily, IMHO.

That's it in a nutshell right there...Neither will probably have been here next year anyway...no matter the outcome...and to get something for him is like winning 3 numbers in lotto.   ;)

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#19 : September 06, 2009, 09:38:12 AM

just happy that freemen can get some good reps so he can really develop the right way

From what I've seen, I'm hoping JJ gets those backup reps...not likely but I'm hoping...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Hate

Hall of Famer
#20 : September 06, 2009, 09:48:47 AM

I had high hopes that Luke would show us that he belongs this year. Unfortunately, what he showed us is that he couldn't beat out a crappy Leftwich and  IMO, he will never get the opportunity to be THE GUY again.

Goodbye and good riddance.

-------------------------------------------------------

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#21 : September 06, 2009, 09:50:36 AM

It was long past time. He's been an enigma ever since he's been here.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

JM2

Pro Bowler

#22 : September 06, 2009, 10:15:29 AM

I was pulling for Luke and thought he was going to step up in a big way. I was wrong. I'm happy they were able to get a draft pick for him and was hoping that was the plan when they kept 4 QBs.

And with the first pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Teddy Bridgewater, Quarterback, Louisville.

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#23 : September 06, 2009, 10:17:56 AM

I have yet to see anyone bemoaning the loss.

I don't know if it was a good idea or not as of yet. On one hand, we were able to get SOMETHING for one of our 4 QB's. On the other hand, we have nothing but complete rooks for backups. Save me the "JJ is in his second season".. might as well treat him just as you would JF. We know it's only a matter of time before BL gets injured, and there isn't anyone after BL that has starting experiance. THAT imo, is a VERY bad situation to be putting yourself into.

I'm glad LM has moved on and there is no more "QB battle", but my gut feeling tells me this was a bad move by FO and Co. It's just about as bad choice as letting BL start to begin with, when the other guy is younger AND has a better completion percentage by nearly double. I don't care if it's just Luke or Joe-freaking-Montana, you just go with the guy who gives you the best chance to win. An that is not BL. We would have a better record with Freeman, JJ, or even LM imo.

Some of these moves we've seen lately are more Gestapo-like than even JGru's days here imvho. I want to like Morris as a coach, but some of these odd choices are making me wonder if he knows what he's doing or not, or if he's just simply is forcing his weight around the dinnertable.

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#24 : September 06, 2009, 10:20:22 AM

When Leftwich gets hurt the Josh Freeman era begins.

Trojan52

Hall of Famer

#25 : September 06, 2009, 10:48:44 AM

I'm confused is thread about Greg White or our QB competition, because we have enough threads about the latter.

gdavis

Starter

#26 : September 06, 2009, 10:58:08 AM

I thought you were talking about Mark Alstott. 

Those PlayStation All-Americans up there thinking they know football because they watched a game on TV.
--B. Bowden

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#27 : September 06, 2009, 10:59:26 AM

I'm confused is thread about Greg White or our QB competition, because we have enough threads about the latter.

Then feel free to ignore this one.

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#28 : September 06, 2009, 01:27:39 PM

Mccown was crap also. Better to get something for that crap

He was better than what we currently have, which might not be saying much but it's how I feel.

bibfortuna

Second String
#29 : September 06, 2009, 12:55:48 PM

He's always been a tantalizing tease; tons of physical ability, but has not been able to develop any level of consistency on the football field.This may be his last real chance...
     Yes, I thought the Bucs would be better off in the long run to drop the loser of the "great QB hunt" and go with the 2 Josh's as our backup QB's. Getting anything for McCown was a bonus!
     Short term we'll never know how it would've changed things to keep him, as inconsistency has dogged McCown his entire NFL career. I think this was the right call by Raheem, as both Josh's look to have worlds of potential. Keeping 4 QB's would've stunted their growth unnecessarily, IMHO.

That's it in a nutshell right there...Neither will probably have been here next year anyway...no matter the outcome...and to get something for him is like winning 3 numbers in lotto.   ;)

I just dont see a real body of work for us to be able to evaluate his (in)consistency. He started with the Browns and put up some pedestrian numbers; that isnt a surprise. He then sat two years in Chucky's system and when given a chance in the 3rd, he performed very respectably. In the 4th, he should have played (and all of us were clamoring to get him on the field), but couldn't.

Now in what would have been his 5th with the Bucs, i think the guy had a hangover of sorts from breathing Gruden's system. He just didnt push it downfield enough for Raheem to like, but i think he started to show in the Jax game (at least to me) that he could change. JJ probably is going through a similar process, but he may have less trade value than Luke for the Bucs to pull the trigger.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Poll: Are you glad the "Great White Hype" is gone? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools