Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Poll: Are you glad the "Great White Hype" is gone? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

Trojan52

Hall of Famer

#90 : September 11, 2009, 09:02:29 AM

i know JC510 is a disgraced human being right now.
Na, he's a jaguar fan now.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#91 : September 11, 2009, 09:08:58 AM

I'm elated. The Luke McCown error is over.

How 'bout you?

No. He's a lot better than Leftwich. Morris dropped the ball with this one. That's what happens when you make up your mind in April.

I know Morris is a rookie HC, but I gotta believe that him and Olson know more about the situation than either your or myself. They said the best man for the job was Leftwich. I can think of many reasons why they're correct. What are your reasons for detracting?

Leftwich has proven in his career that he can not be an NFL starter.  McCown outperformed him in the preseason.  He had better numbers against better defenses pure and simple.  Morris had an agenda and never planned on picking McCown once he signed Leftwich.

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#92 : September 11, 2009, 09:38:07 AM

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4163271

Read this. Morris made it very plain what would happen. That Luke would compete and then Morris would decide whether to keep or trade him.

He chose the latter. The rest is sour grapes.

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

Capt_Chaos

Pro Bowler
#93 : September 11, 2009, 09:49:25 AM

But this isnt about talent, this is about forming friendships and getting whitey off the field.

What does Stylez G. have to do with this???

WHITEY as in the white man DUHHHHHH.   ::)

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#94 : September 11, 2009, 10:43:25 AM

I'm NOT saying Morris is a racist, but I think he might fall under the banner of the coaches who would rather have the "black-athletic QB" than just plain 'ol anyone who could "do the job."

"black-athletic QB" in no conceivable way describes Lefty.

Try immobile, nonathletic, tree-like QB of African Descent

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#95 : September 11, 2009, 11:04:26 AM

I'm NOT saying Morris is a racist, but I think he might fall under the banner of the coaches who would rather have the "black-athletic QB" than just plain 'ol anyone who could "do the job."

"black-athletic QB" in no conceivable way describes Lefty.

Try immobile, nonathletic, tree-like QB of African Descent

In Jacksonville, his teammates called him "Michael Brick"

If Morris wanted an athletic black QB, he'dve picked up Michael Vick.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#96 : September 11, 2009, 11:08:27 AM

Here's my point. I don't think we really know what he had in McCown. 7 starts and a few pre season games is nothing to judge a player by. Leftwich on the other hand has proven in over 50 starts that he's trash.

I've never bought this point with any player. We saw posts like this with Chris Simms and other guys who've never gotten it done...."they weren't given a chance".  I wanted McCown to succeed mainly because I don't like Leftwich. McCown is still making the same indecisive moves as he was a few years ago and the Rob Johnson comparison was and is probably fairly relevant.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#97 : September 11, 2009, 11:40:38 AM

Calling Leftwich "trash" says more about your football knowledge than it does his performance.  The bottom line is, Leftwich is decent QB, capable of making solid reads and pretty good throws.  He brings veteren experience and good leadership skills to the team and can serve as a mentor for young Josh Freeman.  Tom Brady, he's not.  But he is an improvement over Jeff Garcia or Brian Griese.  Certanily not "trash".  Like it or not, with the addition of Leftwich, the Bucs actually got better at the QB position. 

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#98 : September 11, 2009, 12:04:27 PM

After watching the Houston game, I am wondering if we should have grabbed Grossman rather than Sandwich (both were available). In a heavy run-first offense where he isn't forced to try to win it, he might have done ok. Oh well, coulda, shoulda, woulda.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#99 : September 11, 2009, 12:09:50 PM

After watching the Houston game, I am wondering if we should have grabbed Grossman rather than Sandwich (both were available). In a heavy run-first offense where he isn't forced to try to win it, he might have done ok. Oh well, coulda, shoulda, woulda.

How funny, I thought the same thing.  I even posted a few times that I thought he'd be a good pickup for us.  And he looked damn good in Houston.  When Shaub goes down (like he does every season), I betcha Grossman ends up winning the starting job there...

Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Poll: Are you glad the "Great White Hype" is gone? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools