Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The "U" is back!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

joedav01

Hall of Famer

#45 : November 28, 2009, 11:44:25 PM

The U "fans" are the worst because I can't imagine there is another school in the country that has more fans that have no ties to the university.  Most college football fans are alumni, students, faculty, parents of a student, a child of an alumni, etc. of a particular school.

So they behave with some decorum as they are representing their university.  Miami is a small, very expensive, private school that is very difficult to get into.  Those huligans that were at Ray Jay today have no chance of getting into any college, let alone the University of Miami.

What a joke.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#46 : November 29, 2009, 08:01:12 AM

The U "fans" are the worst because I can't imagine there is another school in the country that has more fans that have no ties to the university. Most college football fans are alumni, students, faculty, parents of a student, a child of an alumni, etc. of a particular school.

So they behave with some decorum as they are representing their university. Miami is a small, very expensive, private school that is very difficult to get into. Those huligans that were at Ray Jay today have no chance of getting into any college, let alone the University of Miami.

What a joke.

That's funny. I noticed a lot of U fans at RJS yesterday that looked like they never cracked a book before. Thanks for explaining.

ibis

Rookie

#47 : November 29, 2009, 07:45:26 PM

Bitter statements.  They played really well and that should not be taken away from them because of a few bad fans.  Not sure any team can say they don't have some jerks that follow them. 

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#48 : November 30, 2009, 04:14:34 PM

Da U is the home of the Bandwagon fans. None of these so called fans followed them prior to the '80s. they are mostly thugs that think the FIU fight was "representin" and that past teams lack of discipline and utter lack of any tradition is "keepin it real". Their other favorite team is usually the Raidahs.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#49 : November 30, 2009, 11:18:37 PM

The U "fans" are the worst because I can't imagine there is another school in the country that has more fans that have no ties to the university.  Most college football fans are alumni, students, faculty, parents of a student, a child of an alumni, etc. of a particular school.

A perfect example of that is the fact that UM returned over a thousand tickets from their allotment of, I think, 5K .... Yet there were at least 5-7K there, if not more.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The "U" is back!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools