Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Thoughts on my latest team? « previous next »
Page: 1

LFO

Hall of Famer

: September 01, 2009, 10:39:39 PM

QB Cutler
QB Palmer
RB LT
RB S Jackson
RB M Lynch
RB R Rice
RB K Moreno
WR White
WR Colston
WR Edwards
WR Harvin
TE Celek
K Crosby
D NYJ

To me I think it's fairly strong.  A lot hinges on health of LT and Jackson, but I do have Lynch for insurance after game 3.  I think Rice makes a big move forward this year, and eventually Moreno will be the guy in Denver.  I feel good with White/Colston as both have great QB's and are the main WR.  Edwards I think bounces back...not the guy from 07, but closer to that than the guy last year.  Harvin was just a late round flyer...at that point, rather take a shot on his upside than a known scrub.  I like my D and K...and Celek, I think is a big time sleeper.  Especially when you can get him last few rounds.  I think he's good for 600+ and 6+ TD's.  Not bad for a TE and not wasting a high pick.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 02, 2009, 12:03:06 AM

Solid, I think that your QBs are weak.  Palmers Oline sucks right now and Cutler does not have many options.  I like the team though.  Like any team, things need to work out for you.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 02, 2009, 12:07:25 AM

Solid, I think that your QBs are weak.  Palmers Oline sucks right now and Cutler does not have many options.  I like the team though.  Like any team, things need to work out for you.

I think QB will be fine though.  I can play matchups each week, and Palmer is going to be huge with Ocho/Coles/Henry around.  Cutler is a great QB, he'll be ok...not Denver good, but he'll still be solid. 

If QB is my weakness I am going to be fine I believe. 

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 02, 2009, 12:26:30 AM

Solid.

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

bait619

Starter

#4 : September 03, 2009, 06:28:39 PM

How many teams in this league...you got a lot of guys that have high ADPs...your RB/WR combo seems unreal

LFO

Hall of Famer

#5 : September 03, 2009, 11:20:55 PM

How many teams in this league...you got a lot of guys that have high ADPs...your RB/WR combo seems unreal

12 teams....I went RB/WR early and often...as I usually do.  Let everyone else grab the premium QB's and TE's.....I wanted Ryan at QB, he went just before I picked.  Nabbed Cutler/Palmer a little later...I think I'll be ok there.  They are more "risky" but there is a TON of value to be had there.  I figure even if both are shaky, if I play matchups I can get great value and still load up at WR/RB which was my goal. 

kak9288

Rookie

#6 : September 04, 2009, 01:47:16 PM

You have a 12 team league and that is your roster.  You musy be playing for free with some people from the Old Folks home.  What position did you pick from?  I would like to know which round you grabbed each player in. 

LFO

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 05, 2009, 01:29:11 AM

You have a 12 team league and that is your roster.  You musy be playing for free with some people from the Old Folks home.  What position did you pick from?  I would like to know which round you grabbed each player in. 

I picked 9. 

League has been around awhile, def. not an old folks league lol.....

If I get the time I'll post rounds lol.  I got LT/Jackson 1st and 2nd round I know that.

bigbuc345

Pro Bowler

#8 : September 05, 2009, 03:23:24 PM

Cutler can make anyone look good your team is great.

FortMyersDave

Pro Bowler
#9 : September 05, 2009, 05:01:49 PM

I am guessing you took LT, Jackson, White, Colston with your first 4 picks, not bad!  I guess by the 5th round best QB available was Cutler or Palmer?  I would have tried for Fred Jackson to handcuff with your Lynch RB pick in case Jackson ends up stealing some (or more) of Lynch's carries!  Nice draft though, good old schooll with 2 quality RB's and 2 top 8 WR's.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Thoughts on my latest team? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools