Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman Perspective « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#15 : September 06, 2009, 08:10:42 PM

... the fact that our new quarterback -- who is supposed to have one of the strongest arms in the NFL -- floated every pass he threw, is what has me troubled.
You didn't think his TD throw was a bullet?  The guy obviously needs some game experience and reps to be able to get his timing down with his receivers but the guy's talent is immense.  For better or for worse I'm excited to see where this goes.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#16 : September 06, 2009, 08:12:21 PM

I'll say this, he didn't earn the second spot and we all know it...
Yup.

He looked nervous out there for sure.

OldPirate

Practice Squad

#17 : September 06, 2009, 11:30:56 PM

For all he lacks, 3 of his incompletions were dropped balls.  Two were thrown away.  According to John Lynch, the first pick was a receiver error. And the TD drive overcame penalties and he drilled a strike on 3rd and 8.  This for a guy who isn't ready!  I think there is a tendency to over emphasize the negative because some didn't want the draft pick anyway.  Their worst fear, seems to be, that he will succeed.  This is sad!

I'll say this, he didn't earn the second spot and we all know it...
Yup.

He looked nervous out there for sure.

donny77

Starter

#18 : September 06, 2009, 11:41:36 PM

For all he lacks, 3 of his incompletions were dropped balls.  Two were thrown away.  According to John Lynch, the first pick was a receiver error. And the TD drive overcame penalties and he drilled a strike on 3rd and 8.  This for a guy who isn't ready!  I think there is a tendency to over emphasize the negative because some didn't want the draft pick anyway.  Their worst fear, seems to be, that he will succeed.  This is sad!

Great post.  Really sums up how I feel.  There have been some rookie QB success stories the past few seasons, and I can't help feeling everyone is comparing Freeman now to these rookie QBs at the end of the year.  For all their success, those rookie QBs had some rough starts.  They didn't come out of the gate throwing for 300 yards and 3 TDs.  This is what I've said all along about Freeman and "ready."  It's not about ready, there is no switch you turn on.  It's a journey and it's about progression.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#19 : September 07, 2009, 11:22:53 AM

For all he lacks, 3 of his incompletions were dropped balls.� Two were thrown away.� According to John Lynch, the first pick was a receiver error. And the TD drive overcame penalties and he drilled a strike on 3rd and 8.� This for a guy who isn't ready!� I think there is a tendency to over emphasize the negative because some didn't want the draft pick anyway.� Their worst fear, seems to be, that he will succeed.� This is sad!

Great post.  Really sums up how I feel.  There have been some rookie QB success stories the past few seasons, and I can't help feeling everyone is comparing Freeman now to these rookie QBs at the end of the year.  For all their success, those rookie QBs had some rough starts.  They didn't come out of the gate throwing for 300 yards and 3 TDs.  This is what I've said all along about Freeman and "ready."  It's not about ready, there is no switch you turn on.  It's a journey and it's about progression.

That's fair, as I know some on here don't wanna be wrong.  I have no agenda and would love to be 100% wrong about Freeman.  I openly admit he wasn't my guy.  And I didn't see anything in the games he played that inspired me to feel or think otherwise.  Like Boid said he looked scared out there to me...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#20 : September 07, 2009, 11:38:31 AM

What I want to know, is he a leader. Would I follow him, believe in him on and of the field. Is he a mans man or like Luke kinda wishy washy. He's got the tangibles but does he have the balls to run a huddle and get respect both on and off the field.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#21 : September 07, 2009, 12:52:20 PM

This sort of parsing isn't exactly fair because all QB's will suffer these same errors and issues. For me, his lack of accuracy, relative to other rookie QB's leaps off the page and concerns me because it continues a trend he had in college.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman Perspective « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools