Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My #2 and #3 running backs « previous next »
Page: 1 2

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

: September 10, 2009, 08:29:29 AM

That's  bad scene to get the 2nd man in a pair of rotations as your #2 guy and all 3 of your #2's are that guy. You might want to look for a touchdown vulture to plug in there - Mike Bell as was mentioned will likely be the guy who falls into the end zone if the Saints get close. In most leagues that 1 yard and 1 TD is worth more than 50 yards rushing.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 09, 2009, 10:40:00 PM

Thanks. I realized the auto draft gave me two defenses (Pittsburgh and Indy), so I dumped Indy and picked up Ricky Williams. I'm starting him as my #2 this week since Miami plays what looks to be an extremely soft Falcons defense. I'll probably be playing roulette every week between Ricky, Jones, and McCoy.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#2 : September 09, 2009, 10:03:22 AM

Think you'll be ok with Jones he'll get touches(more than 5) maybe 12-15 a game. Keep McCoy if possible cut your back up TE or D and pick up Ricky if your not comfty with your rb situation.

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 09, 2009, 09:42:12 AM

I'm playing fantasy football for the first time this year. I did an auto draft with my own rankings and am overall pleased with my team, however I'm concerned over how to handle my running back depth. I ended up with Frank Gore as my #1 back, which I'm fine with, but Felix Jones as my #2 and LeSean McCoy as my #3. I'm concerned that Jones' backfield is too crowded and he'll only get 5 or so carries per game. I like McCoy a lot for later in the season when Westbrook gets hurt, but am not sure how much work he will get early plus you never know how much Vick will take his touches. My waiver wire consists of guys like Sammy Morris, Ricky Williams, Justin Fargas, Jamaal Charles, and Tashard Choice. So my options as I see them are:

1. Keep things the way they are with Gore, Jones, and McCoy in that order.

2. Go Gore, McCoy, and then Jones.

3. Dump Jones for a waiver wire guy.

4. Dump McCoy for a waiver wire guy.

Thanks.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#4 : September 09, 2009, 06:40:02 PM

for this week, pick up Mike Bell.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Booker

Hall of Famer

#5 : September 09, 2009, 06:42:43 PM

You need Rbs. You can't rely on Jones and Mccoy as your twos. Two backups is never good to have.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 10, 2009, 12:24:15 PM

Jones will shine this year (assuming he stay's healthy.)

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 13, 2009, 11:10:44 PM

So, yeah, Ricky Williams ended up being the correct play today. Atlanta's defense was much better than expected, but he still caught a receiving touchdown during garbage time.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#8 : September 14, 2009, 07:51:25 PM

Mike Bell?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#9 : September 14, 2009, 08:14:04 PM

Mike Bell?
He did not appear to be available for me. He had some decent yards rushing yesterday but no touchdowns, so I didn't miss much.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#10 : September 14, 2009, 11:06:40 PM

Mike Bell?
He did not appear to be available for me. He had some decent yards rushing yesterday but no touchdowns, so I didn't miss much.

143 yards is still 14 points in most leagues......

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 15, 2009, 09:02:29 AM

I got 11.8 points with Ricky Williams so not much lost. I'm debating between claiming Michael Bush and Carnell Williams now.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#12 : September 15, 2009, 07:52:41 PM

thats a tuff one. I think Bush will be a beast around the goal line.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#13 : September 15, 2009, 09:23:52 PM

Fred Jackson in the late rounds. 21 points last night. Put up 123 with Andre, Royal, and Mason combining for about 14

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#14 : September 29, 2009, 09:15:27 AM

OK so Gore is going to miss a couple weeks now. My other backs are Felix Jones, LeSean McCoy, Ricky Williams, and Michael Bush. My best waiver wire options are Le'Ron McClain, Tashard Choice, and Ladell Betts. Should I keep things the way they are or make a change?

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My #2 and #3 running backs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools