Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Should we make a play for Merriman? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

calibucfan15

Starter

#15 : September 07, 2009, 02:59:10 PM

If he is such a stud and he's not going to be a problem, why would SD trade him?

1) he is going to want his lucrative contract
2) they already have invested a high draft pick in his successor

LVBUC

Practice Squad

#16 : September 07, 2009, 03:43:42 PM

For 1 he is a great player.  He might have a issue or 2, so does Bryant, Jackson, and Talib.
2 The Bucs are on the cheap and wouldn't pay the money to get him.
3 doubt if SD would give him up.

bucshot420

Starter

#17 : September 07, 2009, 05:24:15 PM

I think overall he is decent but playing outside "rush" LB for the Chargers and then changing over to a DE with a hand on the ground is a pretty major switch,not saying he can't do it however,  As an OLB especially in the 3-4 you have the benefit most of the time of your DE eating up the T freeing you up where you maybe have to beat the TE to get to the QB.  In the 4-3 I question how he would hold up all season with the double teams taking on the G.T or T,TE.  Plus as LV said we do have issues with players like Bryant,Jackson,and Talib which in my opinion is three too many so I'd also agree with chaz the highest I would personally give up is a 3-4rd pick

alstott40

Pro Bowler

#18 : September 07, 2009, 05:26:56 PM

The guy has roid rage!  he choked out teala tiquilla ha ha big man

JoshJohnson11

Hall of Famer

#19 : September 07, 2009, 07:15:44 PM

Actually they are saying he was trying to keep Ms. Tiquilla from drunk driving.

Please leave your message after the beep.BEEP!!!

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#20 : September 07, 2009, 07:19:44 PM

He's a beast. I'd give up a 3rd for him.

For someone of his caliber I HIGLY doubt he would be traded for anything less than a 1st. The only team I could see pulling it off for less than a 1st would be NE probably cause they'd give up a 2nd or 3rd and some of Belichecks cheat guide.

Randy Moss was had for a 2nd rounder.

jaybuc88

Pro Bowler
#21 : September 07, 2009, 07:19:51 PM

Why would Tampa want a pro bowl linebacker?...we like to cut those type of players
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Should we make a play for Merriman? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools