Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Seymour not reporting to Raiders after trade « previous next »
Page: 1

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

: September 08, 2009, 02:07:35 AM

This could be nothing....or might be....

Cant say I blame him for not wanting to go to the Raiders....

========================
ALAMEDA, Calif. -- Five-time Pro Bowl defensive lineman Richard Seymour did not report to the Oakland Raiders on Monday, a day after being acquired in a trade with the New England Patriots.

Raiders coach Tom Cable said after practice that Seymour had to resolve some things with the Patriots before the deal for a first-round pick in 2011 could be finalized.

"We have attempted to make a deal," Cable said Monday. "There are some issues still between him and the Patriots that are being worked out. I'm hoping that that will get resolved as quickly as possible. We know that the player wants to be here, but we have really no control over those issues."

Patriots spokesman Stacey James said he was unaware of any difficulties surrounding the trade, which was announced by New England on Sunday and confirmed by Cable.

The trade was included on the league's official transaction list distributed to teams Sunday, a person who has seen the list told The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the list is not public.

All deals are subject to certain conditions, including physicals for players involved, and teams can inform the league if those conditions are not met. Neither the Raiders nor Patriots asked for the trade to be rescinded by the close of business Monday, the person said.

Cable did not want to address the issue further Monday, but said Seymour told him he wants to be in Oakland. Cable did not say when Seymour would have to arrive in order to be able to play in the season opener next Monday night against San Diego.

"Just as soon as possible. That's really the only way to answer that right now," he said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4453249

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#1 : September 08, 2009, 03:41:30 AM

ha.

RRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS is hating him some Bill right now.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 08, 2009, 04:40:57 AM

Retired safety Rodney Harrison told PFT Monday night that he has spoken to his former Patriots teammate and close friend Richard Seymour about the deal that sent Seymour to Oakland.

And?

"He's not thrilled," said Harrison, now an analyst for NBC's Football Night in America.  "Who would be thrilled to go to the Oakland Raiders?  Maybe somebody who's happy to just get a chance but not a guy like Richard Seymour, a five-time Pro Bowler.  For a veteran player to go to Oakland at this juncture it's just difficult.

"Put yourself in his position," Harrison added.  "He's going from a first-class organization to one of the worst in the NFL.  You have the head coach fighting the assistant coaches, the owner involved in the day-to-day operations, guys who don't believe in the quarterback. . . .  Tom Brady to JaMarcus Russell?  Come on.  Is that something to look forward to?  Why would he be excited?"

Asked if Seymour would report to the Raiders, Harrison said, "I don't know that.  Only Richard knows that.  But I wouldn't go to Oakland.  There's no way in the world I would go to Oakland.  The only way I would report is if they promised they wouldn't franchise me after this year."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/07/harrison-seymours-not-thrilled-with-deal-to-raiders/
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Seymour not reporting to Raiders after trade « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools