Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dre Moore « previous next »
Page: 1

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

: September 08, 2009, 10:38:27 AM

If he shows up this season, I feel the Bucs have a very nice four-man rotation at DT...

Hovan, Sims, Miller, Moore.

Everyone here knows that Miller was the one player I really coveted for this team in the draft, so I am more than pleased that the Bucs ended up with him on the roster. In the long term, I think he's going to be an outstanding DT for our Buccaneers.

Now let's get out there and shut down those RB's, boys.

ALong13

Pro Bowler
#1 : September 08, 2009, 10:42:43 AM

I really like our front 4, though next year I think Hovan could be gone, and I think Miller could even jump him for the starting spot this season...

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 08, 2009, 10:43:08 AM

I've been hard on a lot of Bruce Allen picks, but I never once said anything bad about the Dre Moore pick. Most 22 year old men are not 300 lbs because they have a lot of discipline. It takes some effort to make them understand what NFL strength and conditioning is all about.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#3 : September 08, 2009, 10:55:40 AM

I thought, I heard Moore was up to around 330 pounds to be more effective in Bates' scheme, but it looks like it has been added the right way(meaning in the weight room) he came in a sloppy 310-315 & now looks to have increased his stamina along with his strength, which bodes well for him.

Moore has always had the ability, he just needed to figure out what he wanted to do with said ability. He has showed great push and ability to move the LOS in the pre-season.

Hovan, use to be the heaviest member on the interior the past few seasons, now he is the lightest at right around 300-305 with the trio of Sims, Miller and Moore all well over 315 and some tipping the scales at around 330-335 in Sims and Moore.

With the ability to clog and get push, should allow the interior to wear down opposing guards & centers, instead of being worn down late in games and late in the season.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

bucs63

Starter
#4 : September 08, 2009, 11:36:08 AM

Dre Moore certainly has the ability and I hope he shows something this year. Barring injury at DT though, he could be the odd man out in the rotation and be inactive on game day. Kyle Moore might see more time at DT than Dre, he looked at his best there in preseason.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#5 : September 08, 2009, 11:41:22 AM

If he shows up this season, I feel the Bucs have a very nice four-man rotation at DT...

Hovan, Sims, Miller, Moore.

Everyone here knows that Miller was the one player I really coveted for this team in the draft, so I am more than pleased that the Bucs ended up with him on the roster. In the long term, I think he's going to be an outstanding DT for our Buccaneers.

Now let's get out there and shut down those RB's, boys.

All I have heard out of Morris is him talking about a 3-man rotation at DT. Will Dre Moore even be one of the 45 dressing on game day?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#6 : September 08, 2009, 11:43:12 AM

Suprisingly, I thought DT was a MAJR issue going into the TCs.  Now, however, after watching pre-season games, the Bucs run defense has been very stout in their front line games and assignments, and run defense is not something I am particulalry concerned with anymore.

The pass defense however...

calibucfan15

Starter

#7 : September 08, 2009, 11:57:18 AM

Its amazing how drastically things can change in 4 weeks. All offseason people were claiming our Dline was horrendous and that it was the weakest part of our defense. Now it seems everyone is singing another tune. All it's gonna take is one game where we get gashed for people to retract there statement of having a good D line. I too like our Dline and expect it to flourish, but i also expect to have some games where we get gashed similar to the carolina game. When that happens it'll be funny to see all the posts come out again about how our dline sucks now.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#8 : September 08, 2009, 12:02:40 PM

Its amazing how drastically things can change in 4 weeks. All offseason people were claiming our Dline was horrendous and that it was the weakest part of our defense. Now it seems everyone is singing another tune. All it's gonna take is one game where we get gashed for people to retract there statement of having a good D line. I too like our Dline and expect it to flourish, but i also expect to have some games where we get gashed similar to the carolina game. When that happens it'll be funny to see all the posts come out again about how our dline sucks now.

The difference is that we have MUCH faster LB's now that make up for any shortcomings in the d-line. Overall tackling fundamentals also appear to be better. Looks more and more like the fast, swarming defense that Dungy originally installed here.

calibucfan15

Starter

#9 : September 08, 2009, 12:09:06 PM

The difference is that we have MUCH faster LB's now that make up for any shortcomings in the d-line. Overall tackling fundamentals also appear to be better. Looks more and more like the fast, swarming defense that Dungy originally installed here.

I'm not bashing our D. I actually have faith that they'll be decent. I expect to get hit in the mouth a few times but i also expect to knock some heads off too. I just thought it was funny to see over the course of preseason many people flip-flopping back forth and I expect to see it last throughout the season

vladin

Starter

#10 : September 08, 2009, 12:15:50 PM

I'm not bashing our D. I actually have faith that they'll be decent. I expect to get hit in the mouth a few times but i also expect to knock some heads off too. I just thought it was funny to see over the course of preseason many people flip-flopping back forth and I expect to see it last throughout the season

that's what fans do
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dre Moore « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools