Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What are you guys' thoughts with dallas coming to town sunday? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

vladin

Starter

#30 : September 08, 2009, 09:02:25 AM

Our team is a huge, gigantic question mark.  We have enough talent to hang with the Cowboys, especially if we stick with a conservative game plan running the football, and if our defense shows up.  Pre-season didn't teach us anything about what our offense looks like in reality (We only know on paper).  Our defense seems pretty effective against the run, and pretty susceptible to the big play. 

I think we hang with the cowboys 7-7 in the first half, and a bit of inexperience shows up in the second.

Final score:

Dallas 17
Bucs 10

TheKeyStoneBucs

Second String

#31 : September 08, 2009, 09:14:20 AM

If our offense looks anything like it did in the first half of the first three preseason games...

Dallas 28 Tampa Bay 6

I think your giving the Tampa Bay offense too much credit.

"Get the Funk out of Ma face"

watson

Hall of Famer
#32 : September 08, 2009, 09:26:17 AM

For all the hype about new players and new systems, it takes time for those to mesh.  You don't run the ZBS without problems until you've had a few real game experiences with it.  I see that as a problem for the running game.  The problem with the defense is what many of us have said since the new regime came in.  The DBs are not up to par for a M2M scheme.  RB is going to be a liability in this scheme and without TJax your safeties are degraded.  On top of that you are starting 2 new LBs.  If everyone is not on the same page.....and with a new defense, that will be difficult......the TEs and RBs will exploit them in the passing game.  And you have to know that Romo is always looking at Witten when he drops back to pass.

With these new schemes, if Tampa keeps it close they will have done well for their first real game.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

armydx316

Starter

#33 : September 08, 2009, 09:32:05 AM

dallas isn't scary at all. i wouldn't be surprised if we win comfortably, 27-10.

gatherspeed

Rookie
#34 : September 08, 2009, 09:56:57 AM

Let's not forget the Florida heat in September.  I know in the upper deck it feels like sitting on the surface of the sun sometimes.  Even on the west side. 

Summer of 79

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#35 : September 08, 2009, 10:30:58 AM

Dallas will be a good test for this upstart team, so I am eager to watch this game.  Especially the Bucs run D which will more than likely determine the fate of the season.

Pteranodon

Pro Bowler

#36 : September 08, 2009, 10:42:47 AM

The running game would be cool to see but when the Cowboys are winning by 14 in the 1st quarter then I get to watch Leftwich throw passes into parts of the field where there aren't WR's really.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#37 : September 08, 2009, 10:55:08 AM

I actually had the Bucs winning this game....The Cowboys are not that great of a team IMO. Romo is a average QB and I think T.O's presense is what really made him into the Pro Bowler....They have a good o-line and good run game, but if our run defense can hold up I think we can hold them pretty well.  Only really recieving threat is Witten...

I say Bucs win 21-17

Romo is better than an average QB, IMO.  Their run game is stout, and their run D is lights out.  They're the kind of defense that gives pocket passers nightmares.  We aren't ready to face this team. 

MasterC25

Starter
#38 : September 08, 2009, 11:13:20 AM

I believe we keep them honesty with our commitment to the run and wear them down in the heat and heat a couple of deep strickes in the passing game. I also think we shut down the running game and are able to force mistakes in the passing game. Look for Gaines to have a big game as he did against Dallas last year.
Bucs 24
Cowboys 17

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#39 : September 08, 2009, 12:16:33 PM

Our last 2 games against the Cowboys:

11/23/06 Dallas 38 - Tampa 10 (Total Thanksgiving Day Tampa beat down...ruined my turkey dinner....national game, the whole country watched)

10/28/08 Dallas 13 - Tampa 9 (Our D showed up but somebody forgot to remind Gruden that he was an offensive guru. Refs helped march Dallas downfield b4 halftime)

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#40 : September 08, 2009, 12:19:04 PM

Was at both games.  Dallas flat out owns the Bucs.  It sucks, living in Dallas an all...

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What are you guys' thoughts with dallas coming to town sunday? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools