Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DOWN GOES MORRIS! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#15 : September 09, 2009, 08:20:53 AM

Prefer - The schedule is nothing more then a crutch for built in excuses, every team has a schedule and with the amount of change over that takes place from one season to the next in today's NFL, it renders strength of schedule to an obsolete. No team is the same from year to year. That is why they play the games. Nothing has ever been won on paper.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

DKWEST

Starter

#16 : September 09, 2009, 08:22:51 AM

to Grudens failure to improve the offensive talent and develop a QB,it was time for him to go.  Yes

These are the type of comments that are fueling the heated discussions and dividing the fans opinions.

Gruden did improve the offensive talent,..  and all with limited draft picks.   Brought in Joey Galloway, Joe Jurevicius, Keenan McCardell, Ike Hilliard, Michael Pittman.. an entirely new offensive line,..  Alex Smith, Jeramy Stevens,..  and many more players.

As far as Quarterback,..  Gruden did try to develope a QB.  It's just that the QB's always went down with injuries or showed they were not ready for prime time.  Everyone knew that Brad Johnson wasn't going to be the future, so he brought in Brian Griese, Chris Simms, Gradkowski, Luke McCown,  Josh Johnson, and Jeff Garcia.  Brian Griese broke his leg (or arm or something),  Chris Simms busted his spleen,... Gradkowski started out like he was going to do well then sputtered,..  Luke McCown had his chances and looked like a deer in headlights,..  Garcia although was getting older, he was the obvious choice to give the Bucs the best chance to win at the time.

But that's all water under the bridge at this point,..  

Raheem is already starting to show how hard it is to find a Quarterback,..  He had they same guys as Gruden.  Garcia, McCown, and Josh Johnson.  He wanted to draft his own Pet Project and reached for Josh Freeman, but it didn't take long to figure out the same exact same thing that Gruden was going through,..   So he replaced Gracia with Leftwich,..  got rid of McCown,..  and now has his own Josh waiting in the wings

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#17 : September 09, 2009, 08:36:48 AM

The Glazers hired him without  interviewing Raheem,.. much less interviewing any other people for the job. This is a guy with Zero experience, and that has come through already with some of his decisions and actions. Enthusiasm will only take you so far. It's been my perception that he is in Way over his head.

That is untrue. The Glazers interviewed him prior to him being named defensive coordinator. They knew what they were getting.

DKWEST

Starter

#18 : September 09, 2009, 08:41:26 AM

That is untrue. The Glazers interviewed him prior to him being named defensive coordinator. They knew what they were getting.

They interviewed him for the Defensive Coordinater position,..  they never gave him an interview to be a Head Coach of an NFL team.

Morris said even he was surprised,..  they called him in and said,..  Guess what,..  you're our head coach!!!!!

#19 : September 09, 2009, 06:52:14 PM

Prefer - The schedule is nothing more then a crutch for built in excuses, every team has a schedule and with the amount of change over that takes place from one season to the next in today's NFL, it renders strength of schedule to an obsolete. No team is the same from year to year. That is why they play the games. Nothing has ever been won on paper.

JJ - So, what you mean is that if we had 16 Kansas City Chiefs teams on our schedule in 2009 vs 16 N.Y. Giants teams, it would not make any difference?

DKWEST

Starter

#20 : September 09, 2009, 06:57:07 PM

JJ - So, what you mean is that if we had 16 Kansas City Chiefs teams on our schedule in 2009 vs 16 N.Y. Giants teams, it would not make any difference?

I think the point is that within the division the schedules are almost identical,..   and if you can win your division you're in the playoffs,..  and once in the playoffs anything can happen.  see Arizona 2008

But maybe that's not what he meant,..  I don't know    ??? ??? ???

#21 : September 09, 2009, 07:02:40 PM

Gotcha DK and that may be what JJ was eluding to.  But then, if that IS the rationale, I think the Bucs are behind the other 3 teams in overall talent at this juncture.  That's not to say that some of our young core of guys cannot develop over the course of the season.  But realistically, by the time they do it will likely be too late for 2009.

Frankly, W's and L's mean less to me this season.  I want to see solid development of the youth on the team, including the QB position.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#22 : September 09, 2009, 07:09:52 PM

Probably not. The Chiefs almost kicked out butts last year. It took a Peanut kickoff return touchdown and a major comeback to beat them last year.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#23 : September 09, 2009, 07:19:56 PM

On non of the interviews did I have any clue that I was really being considered for a higher level job.

You are right, it happens

the interview thing is blown way out of proportion for me.  like your examples, it doesnt have to be concrete.  the glazers knew what they had, and wanted it.  simple.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

#24 : September 09, 2009, 07:35:28 PM

Stan

As was mentioned by a couple of posters, people CAN and DO make an impression on interviews that would indicate they are suitable for positions other than the one they are currently interviewing for.  And you're correct that it happens a lot.  It can be body language, a single sentence, a single though expression, but it's there.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DOWN GOES MORRIS! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools