Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A note from all the "Prognosticators" that we know and maybe love « previous next »
Page: 1

AcuraT

Starter

: September 09, 2009, 08:21:14 AM

It is quite interesting and enlightening.  Not that they know anything more than many people, but almost all of them give the Bucs no chance for success in 2009 (success being playoffs, not winning a game).  One in particular believes the Bucs may surprise people (surprise! Tony Dungy!) Some excerpts below:

Keyshawn Johnson, ESPN's "Sunday NFL Countdown" believes "I don't know if it's a one-year fix to see what happens until one of these other guys are available. The Mike Holmgrens of the world, the Bill Cowhers, they're all out there. Is this a one-year deal? "

Cris Collinsworth, NBC's "Sunday Night Football" believes "I don't really have high expectations to be honest with you...Would I be stunned if they had a good year? Probably not, because they have been good in the past. But if you ask me about the division, I would pick them last."

Mark Schlereth, ESPN's "NFL Live" believes "Tampa Bay for a very long time has been an organization that has been in the state of flux at the quarterback position. That's a position where you need stability and that's a position where they haven't had any stability. Even when they won a Super Bowl, it was kind of a rent-a-cop situation ... They are still in that situation."

Rodney Harrison, NBC's "Sunday Night Football" believes "If you have high expectations of the Buccaneers as a fan, or anyone in the organization, I think you are kind of fooling yourself a little bit."

Ron Jaworski, ESPN's "Monday Night Football" believes "When you have as much change as the Bucs have had already, I think it makes it very difficult to start the season focused."

Tony Dungy, NBC's "Sunday Night Football" believes "They have a formula I kind of like. They are going to run the ball and play defense... I don't think they will be a playoff team, but I see them beating more people than you guys may think."

The full story at: http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/sep/08/080742/sp-experts-predict-tough-season-for-the-bucs/sports-bucs/#poll_613

Interesting stuff I have to say.  Hope springs eternal, but reality is that no broadcaster really believes in this team - it will be a surprise to all if they challenge for a playoff spot this year.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A note from all the "Prognosticators" that we know and maybe love « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools