Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WR Bobby Wade released « previous next »
Page: 1

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

: September 10, 2009, 12:13:26 PM

Vikes cut him for Greg Lewis.  Wade is a young (28) proven NFL receiver who could be insurance as a 3/4 receiver that will allow Stovall and Clark to focus on STs and also give a better comfort factor if wither Clayton or Bryant lost any time due to injury.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL&rwr=1

Bobby Wade-WR- Vikings Sep. 10 - 11:23 am et

Vikings released WR Bobby Wade.

It's an interesting move considering Wade just restructured his contract, presumably so he would be on the team. According to beat writer Sean Jensen, the team is expected to fill his spot with free agent Greg Lewis. Childress knows Lewis from his Eagles days, but we're not sure there's much of an upgrade there.
Source: St. Paul Pioneer Press 

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 10, 2009, 12:58:06 PM

Vikes cut him for Greg Lewis.  Wade is a young (28) proven NFL receiver who could be insurance as a 3/4 receiver that will allow Stovall and Clark to focus on STs and also give a better comfort factor if wither Clayton or Bryant lost any time due to injury.

So which receiver would you be cutting then, Stroughter? I don't see that.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 10, 2009, 01:01:10 PM

So which receiver would you be cutting then, Stroughter? I don't see that.

I wouldn't cut any of them.  I'd keep Straughter and Wade as 3/4.  Probably give the axe to Niko.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 10, 2009, 02:30:03 PM

Here's how Football Outsiders describes Wade in their almanac:

"Wade is your standard Chili's or Applebees; he's mediocre WR comfort  food. As far as possession receivers go, he's probably one of the worst starters in the league.  He's too small to block on the outside and struggles to seal the edge....He drops 1 pass for every 6 catches, doesn't go deep (with an average catch 8 yards away from the line of scrimmage), isn't good on third down, and is a subpar punt returner...."

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#4 : September 10, 2009, 02:37:12 PM

Probably still an upgrade over Brian Clark...

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#5 : September 10, 2009, 02:49:08 PM

Not if he's not playing special teams.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#6 : September 10, 2009, 03:26:00 PM

he sounds like the shadow of ike hilliard, i believe the real thing is still out there....but honestly, this is the year to let stovall make a statement one way or the other about his potential as an NFL WR, and also the time to get the kid stroughter some live fire. we are one injury away from being a really bad WR corps, but the bucs can cross that bridge if they have to.  in the meantime, wade is not a great special teamer and isn't doing much besides stealing snaps from guys with possible future with the team if the current group stays healthy.

Buc31

Starter

#7 : September 10, 2009, 03:49:10 PM

We could use the depth.....proven

#8 : September 10, 2009, 03:52:21 PM

Here's how Football Outsiders describes Wade in their almanac:

"Wade is your standard Chili's or Applebees; he's mediocre WR comfort food. As far as possession receivers go, he's probably one of the worst starters in the league. He's too small to block on the outside and struggles to seal the edge....He drops 1 pass for every 6 catches, doesn't go deep (with an average catch 8 yards away from the line of scrimmage), isn't good on third down, and is a subpar punt returner...."

Pulled no punches there...

We need CB's and Oline.   I think our wideouts and tightends are fine for what we're trying to accomplish...

Develop Urritia... 

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#9 : September 10, 2009, 04:04:32 PM

I'd rather see Stroughter get the PT.

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#10 : September 10, 2009, 04:24:30 PM

More playing time for Percy

HughC

Pro Bowler

#11 : September 10, 2009, 05:06:03 PM

Bucs should sign him since he's a "proven" NFL receiver?  Perhaps the only thing he has proven is that he's not worth signing since three teams have all dumped him within two years of acquiring him.

UFBucgator

Practice Squad

#12 : September 10, 2009, 05:07:05 PM

I would be nervous to see what the Football Outsiders say about the wr's on our roster.

blitz

Pro Bowler
#13 : September 10, 2009, 11:45:52 PM

I would be nervous to see what the Football Outsiders say about the wr's on our roster.

Had a case of dropsy and doesn't play special teams which made him expendable.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WR Bobby Wade released « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools