Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Haynesworth rips Brandon Jacobs « previous next »
Page: 1

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

: September 10, 2009, 11:23:13 AM

Let the trash talking begin...

Big Albert Haynesworth, the Redskins' new $100 million defensive tackle, doesn't sound overly impressed with big Giants running back Brandon Jacobs.

"They all fall the same," Haynesworth said Wednesday. "What is he, 250? I weighed 250 when I was in the 10th grade."

For the record, Jacobs - who said he weighed 242 pounds in 10th grade - now is listed at 264 and coming off his second consecutive 1,000-yard season. Still, he now weighs in nearly 100 pounds lighter than the 6-6, 350-pound Haynesworth, the new centerpiece of Washington's defensive line.

But Jacobs didn't sound too impressed with Haynesworth, either. He said facing him on Sunday will be the "same challenge as usual," and while he's a "great player," he's beatable, too.

"He's a human being," Jacobs said. "He walks on two feet. He bleeds. He puts on pants one leg at a time. He's a great player, don't get me wrong. Probably one of the most dominant players in the NFL. But there's no reason to go in there and only think about him. They've got a whole defensive team."

Maybe so, but there's no doubt Haynesworth will command attention, especially since, as center Shaun O'Hara said, "In our eyes he was brought to the Washington Redskins for one reason: To stop our running game."

Asked about his challenges in lining up against Haynesworth on Sunday, O'Hara said "Have you seen him? He's a big son of a gun. I think he's a great player."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/2009/09/10/2009-09-10_albert_haynesworth.html#ixzz0QiY2V9Q1

DougTheGreat

Starter

#1 : September 10, 2009, 11:29:09 AM

YAWN

T

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 10, 2009, 11:38:09 AM

YAWN at teams North of the Tampa city limits

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#3 : September 10, 2009, 11:52:43 AM

I wouldn't call that a "ripping" more of a "I think I can handle him"-ing.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Haynesworth rips Brandon Jacobs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools