Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Richard Seymour traded to Raiders...... « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#75 : September 10, 2009, 04:14:06 PM

What people are missing is that it won't be a pick in 2010, but a pick two years down the road in 2011

I missed that as well. My thinking was that they we positioning themselves to snag Tebow.

maybe that is still the case, they can trade the 2011 trade in a package deal for 2010...

HughC

Pro Bowler

#76 : September 10, 2009, 05:19:42 PM

I have never even heard of this guy. Is he any good? Probably not. I have heard of Brady and Randy Moss, but this guy is probably a major scrub or he wouldn't have been traded.
Is he any good?  He's probably going to the Hall of Fame.

The trade had nothing to do with him being a 'major scrub'; this is the last year of his contract and he probably would have signed elsewhere with NE getting nothing but a comp pick in return.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#77 : September 10, 2009, 09:14:06 PM

ProFootballTalk NBC Sports

Raiders send Seymour letter

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on September 10, 2009 7:56 PM ET

According to Greg Papa, the voice of the Raiders, Oakland's position on the muddled Richard Seymour matter is crystal clear: they want him.

To help get him, Papa reports that the Raiders have sent Seymour a letter "saying he had five days upon receipt to report to the Raiders and take a physical."

It's unclear when the Raiders sent the letter or what will happen if Seymour continues to fail to show up in Oakland.  If the five days elapse, Oakland would have the right to place him on the roster/suspended. 

In that scenario, the Raiders would retain his rights in 2010 at his 2009 salary, but he would miss the entire season.

Absolutely no one wants that to happen, so the nuclear option seems unlikely.  Then again, there don't seem to be any "compromise" alternatives.  Seymour either has to show up or the Raiders won't have much choice.

The letter does indicate, though, that Oakland is not interested in trying to get their first-round pick back.  They want Seymour, even though the conditions of the trade require Seymour to report.

Perhaps that's why the Patriots are so confident that the issue "is between [Seymour] and Oakland."

The clock is ticking.  Your move, Richard.

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Richard Seymour traded to Raiders...... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools