Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It's Great to Be Back « previous next »
Page: 1 2

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#15 : September 10, 2009, 05:15:00 PM

I gotta say, I do miss the snow.  I thought I wouldn't, but I do...

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#16 : September 10, 2009, 05:25:27 PM

Me too Mojo - go up there almost every Christmas for a couple of weeks

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

#17 : September 10, 2009, 06:37:29 PM

I do not miss:

Snow
Ice
Cold
Wind Chill
November thru March in the midwest

None of the above is missed in any particular order....they are ALL equally horsesh!t...LOL.

The landing spot is BEAUTIFUL Sarasota, about a 10 minute drive from Siesta Key Beach.  The sand on Siesta is so soft and fine, it is like walking on baby powder.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#18 : September 10, 2009, 06:54:32 PM

I admit, I miss it.  But it only takes the thought of shoveling it to bring me back to reality!!!  LOL

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

#19 : September 10, 2009, 11:04:15 PM

yeah, three blizzards in three weeks this past spring was not much fun.  I'll agree with that, but I've got this great area for hiking, hunting, fishing, camping, and general recreation, I couldn't find myself leaving the Black Hills...

These are of Badlands Nat'l Park, all in parts of Cedar Pass.  You can do some hiking and camping around here.

Center Lake, in Custer State Park.

Devil's Tower, in Wyoming.

The Mickelson Trail in the Black Hills, it stretches approx, 100 miles throughout the hills.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#20 : September 11, 2009, 10:07:57 AM

Chev, you're more than welcome to come shovel my sidewalks anytime you want! If you're feeling notstalgic, I'll throw out the welcome mat, shovel and a warm jacket for ya. We'll thicken up that blood for ya in no time. :)
At least the price of natural gas is supposed to go down this year so we all don't have to wait in the blood donation line to pay our heat bill. :)

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#21 : September 11, 2009, 10:09:29 AM

Hey Turbo, I think the softies down south actually believe that zero is the lowest the temperature can ever go! Sadly, we know different and are all too familiar with life in the negatives. :)

kevabuc

Hall of Famer

#22 : September 11, 2009, 10:14:25 AM

I do not miss:

Snow
Ice
Cold
Wind Chill
November thru March in the midwest

None of the above is missed in any particular order....they are ALL equally horsesh!t...LOL.

The landing spot is BEAUTIFUL Sarasota, about a 10 minute drive from Siesta Key Beach. The sand on Siesta is so soft and fine, it is like walking on baby powder.

I am assuming the landing spot was NOT 10 minutes WEST of Siesta Key.

We were just there last weekend as well as Lido Beach. Saw many nice size snook 10 foot off the beach. Great pub crawl there in Siesta Key Village.

\"The budget should be balanced; the treasury should be refilled; public debt should be reduced; and the arrogance of public officials should be controlled.\" -Cicero. 106-43 B.C.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#23 : September 11, 2009, 10:23:06 AM

Hey Turbo, I think the softies down south actually believe that zero is the lowest the temperature can ever go! Sadly, we know different and are all too familiar with life in the negatives. :)

LOL@softies down south.

All the softies up north would flat out die in the 107 heat and 83% humidity down here...

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#24 : September 11, 2009, 01:00:09 PM

LOL! You're right king -- I melt pretty easy when I go visit down there early in September. Humidity does get bad here too and a few 90 degree days during the summer is enough for me to take. :)
Prefer -- now that you're in Sarasota, got any of those grandkids around close? Because there's a certain elementary school there that has a new second-grade teacher that used to go to all the Bucs home games -- as a cheerleader! Keep an eye out for Rachel will ya! :)

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#25 : September 11, 2009, 01:06:41 PM

LOL! You're right king -- I melt pretty easy when I go visit down there early in September. Humidity does get bad here too and a few 90 degree days during the summer is enough for me to take. :)
Prefer -- now that you're in Sarasota, got any of those grandkids around close? Because there's a certain elementary school there that has a new second-grade teacher that used to go to all the Bucs home games -- as a cheerleader! Keep an eye out for Rachel will ya! :)

Man, there were many days this summer that I pulled out of the garage and the temp on my car read 92.  At 6 in the freakin morning.... :P

The hard part about living in Dallas is that our winters also get down into the low teens, with freezing rain and bitterly cold winds.  Honestly, the winters here feel colder and more miserable than the ones in Colorado ever did.  So far, I'd say there's only about 3 months out of the year here that the weather is tolerable...

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#26 : September 11, 2009, 03:13:35 PM

Spent 3 horrible winters in West Chicago/Joliet Illinois and 2 more in Boston.

My hands no longer fit a snow shovel!  And I'm darned glad.

I knew 5 years before I got to Florida that I was either moving there or to San Diego. Tampa worked out quicker.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It's Great to Be Back « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools