Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Florida State Football « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 17

Snook

Hall of Famer

#15 : September 26, 2009, 03:43:28 PM

Shiite - I thought FSU was going to win this after Grothe went down.  Even against this team, winning in Tallahassee is a lot to ask of your Fr. quarterback making his first start.

This'll help them pull more talent out of the Tallahassee area to (like their new QB).

But yeah, I agree on the rankings.  

Really?  Winning in Tallahassee isn't a big deal anymore.  Heck, Jax State should've done it two weeks ago.    Florida State football is dead. 

Just can't figure out why people think its such a big deal anymore...

It'd be like going into South Bend and beating the Irish.  Who cares?

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#16 : September 26, 2009, 05:02:12 PM

You're gonna love this then:

Leavitt: 'This changes history'

September 26, 2009 4:24 PM
Posted by ESPN.com's Brian Bennett

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- Just got done with postgame interviews and will have a couple of stories shortly. To tide you over, I wanted to share what Jim Leavitt said about his team's landmark victory over Florida State.

Leavitt said it was the biggest win in program history, no doubt about it. And while he was careful to point out that it's just one game, he said now people will have to talk about South Florida when they mention the Big Three -- Florida, Florida State and Miami -- in this state.

"This changes history," he said.

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#17 : September 26, 2009, 05:49:23 PM

LOL!! Its funny how FSU fans are trying to downplay this game now. Had you won, you'd be bashing USF non-stop. Don't lie.

This is a HUGE win for the Bulls. FSU is going to lose a TON of recruits. Im not saying they will all automatically go to USF now. But FSU is in decline. There is no doubt about that. Recruits considering going to Tallahassee have to be a little hesitant. Meanwhile Leavitt will for sure be able to wiggle his way into getting some big recruits in Tampa now.

If the Bulls pull off a win against Miami later this year...or even put up a good fight....that would send earthquakes through the recruiting class.

Keep in mind also that USF plays the Gators next year along with Miami again. And I believe they play Notre Dame in 2011.

USF is also all-time 4-0 against the ACC.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#18 : September 26, 2009, 06:01:40 PM

Hopefully Miami will lose today as well. 

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#19 : September 26, 2009, 06:50:12 PM

The only game that matters for Miami is when they play the Bulls.  If USF wins that one, they will be in much better shape for the future.  It does not matter if Miami gets beat by VT if they beat USF.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#20 : September 26, 2009, 06:50:43 PM

I wanted Miami to win every game but the one they play in Tampa!

LFO

Hall of Famer

#21 : September 26, 2009, 06:58:48 PM

The only game that matters for Miami is when they play the Bulls.  If USF wins that one, they will be in much better shape for the future.  It does not matter if Miami gets beat by VT if they beat USF.

Huh?

What does USF have to do with Miami losing to VT?  How does it not matter?  Miami getting embarrassed by VT on national TV sure does matter to them.  I am fairly certain Miami isn't going to say, hey we lost to VT but it's all good so long as we beat USF.  I'm pretty sure that's far off their radar right now. 

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#22 : September 26, 2009, 07:01:43 PM

It does not matter to USF if Miami looses to VT but beats USF.  Is that hard to understand?  Maybe I should have presented my post from a USF fans persepective.  I guess I just thought the big USF logo below my post would give that away. 

Sure, Miami cares if they loose to VT but it means nothing to USF if they beat us.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#23 : September 26, 2009, 07:08:46 PM

It does not matter to USF if Miami looses to VT but beats USF.  Is that hard to understand?  Maybe I should have presented my post from a USF fans persepective.  I guess I just thought the big USF logo below my post would give that away. 

Sure, Miami cares if they loose to VT but it means nothing to USF if they beat us.

Or, you could just word it better.

Like say....

The only game that matters for USF with regard to Miami is when they play Miami.  It does not matter who Miami loses to, USF just needs to beat them.

The way you worded it made no sense, and made it sound like it doesn't matter who Miami beats so long as they beat USF. 

And sorry, I didn't see your USF logo.  I have that stuff turned off. 

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#24 : September 26, 2009, 07:10:16 PM

Beer does not help in English class. :)

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#25 : September 26, 2009, 07:10:28 PM

Miami losing to VT is pretty big considering it was a critical conference game.

The USF-Miami game is big but it's a long way off...

USF is starting Big East play next week. And there is a big game with Cincy in a few weeks which is the next big test. Winner of that game will be in the drivers seat for the conference.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#26 : September 26, 2009, 07:14:22 PM

Beer does not help in English class. :)

I figured as much.

Anyway, great win and congrats.  The future looks bright.

I was pulling for USF and they didn't disappoint. 

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#27 : September 26, 2009, 07:14:58 PM

USF has conference games that mean a lot to the program.  However, beating Maimi could mean more to recruiting the state than winning the Big East.  The coaching staff enters houses during the offseason fighting for local recruits with Miami and FSU.  These programs could down play us because of their history vs ours.  If we can beat both of them this season, it would mean a lot.  Beating FSU, even a down FSU, means a lot for USF;s future.  If FSU and Miami beat us this season we would still be looked at as second teir in the state.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#28 : September 26, 2009, 07:15:56 PM

Miami losing to VT is pretty big considering it was a critical conference game.

The USF-Miami game is big but it's a long way off...

USF is starting Big East play next week. And there is a big game with Cincy in a few weeks which is the next big test. Winner of that game will be in the drivers seat for the conference.

I agree.

The key for USF will be those conference games they SHOULD win.  They have shown a propensity in the past to win some big games, "upsets" if you will, but falter in those games you expect them to win.  

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#29 : September 26, 2009, 07:17:32 PM

I agree as well.  They need to take care of their buisness in both situations.  Winning the Big East would turn these "upsets" into expectations.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 17
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Florida State Football « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools