Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL Scout Opinion « previous next »
Page: 1

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

: September 11, 2009, 02:36:48 AM

My brother tonight had the opportunity to talk with an NFC Scout (not Tampa) for over an hour. My brother in his job has the opportunity to talk with a few a week. Rams scout was in as well tonight, didnt spill much. Wanted to talk more about Oregon facilities and his good friend being the assistant basketball coach at Oregon.

What the other scout said...
-Taylor Mays-most overrated player in this draft. Not even close.
- Matt Stafford... stupidest decision they made starting him. Should have learned from Harrington.
-Mike Williams... knew he was a bust coming out of SC, didnt even think he had a chance as a 3rd WR
-Charles Rogers... thought could have been one of the best WR ever, his talent was out of this world, when he wasnt smoking weed you can see the potiential
- LeGarrette Blount- "TRUST ME HES OK", my brother kept saying how annoyed he was about it, the scout kept repeating "TRUST ME HES OK", the scout was almost smiling talking about him, my bro thinks this team really likes him, and this team needs a RB. They are visiting Oregon early October meet with Kelly.
-Texas Tech... very cautious about there players
-Texas Longhorns... most babied program in the country, wouldnt touch one of there players. Knew VY would be garbage
-Matt Leinert... he still will be a great QB
-Spread wont happen in the NFL.
-went into detail about Oregon/Washington players wont bore you with that

He offered to meet up with my bro tommorow to talk even more, but my brother has class. Gave him his card and encouraged him to keep in touch. Brother told him he would love to be a scout, he told him keep in touch and ask me about any players and what he thinks about them.

Trojan52

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 11, 2009, 08:32:09 AM

Pretty good stuff.

ktownbuc47

Pro Bowler
#2 : September 11, 2009, 08:51:37 AM

-Matt Leinert... he still will be a great QB

There goes his credibility

Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million people think you are?

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#3 : September 11, 2009, 10:28:10 AM

- Matt Stafford... stupidest decision they made starting him. Should have learned from Harrington.

exactly what I said on the red board.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#4 : September 11, 2009, 01:08:27 PM

Scouts are essentially the bottom feeders of pro and college programs.  Many times they're none too bright.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#5 : September 11, 2009, 07:24:34 PM

Scouts are essentially the bottom feeders of pro and college programs.  Many times they're none too bright.

this guy was good, he also was very negative about his teams players. If he wasnt pulling my bros leg (which it didnt seem he was) he seems good. My brother will be talking to every scout that comes through. Obviously some wont talk much, others will. He will also keep in contact with this guy, the guy told him to email him after the Oregon visit, where he will have more opinion on some of the other players.

#6 : September 12, 2009, 11:09:03 AM

Welp I guess this scout was from the Saints, they need a RB bad.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 12, 2009, 11:55:24 AM

Welp I guess this scout was from the Saints, they need a RB bad.

I was going to go with Seattle.

NO is better at RB than them, I like Pierre Thomas.  Never a fan of Reggie Bust though. 

NO would probably be my #2 pick though. 
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL Scout Opinion « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools