Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: UCF Fans? « previous next »
Page: 1

joedav01

Hall of Famer

: September 10, 2009, 01:21:23 AM

The Big East has dominated the SEC and ACC in head to head games over the past 4 years. I still don't understand why the conference gets no respect.  USF was 2-5 in the Big East last year, yet beat a top tier Big 12 team (Kansas) and destroyed NC State in Raleigh 41-10. That same NC State team went to Tally 2 weeks later and only lost to FSU 26-17.

So last year, USF was in the bottom half of the Big East and they won their 2 OOC games vs BCS conference teams (Big 12 and ACC).  The worst team in the Big East is Syracuse. They went on the road and beat Notre Dame.  This year they lost in OT to Minnesota which is a middle of the road Big 10 team.   The Big East is 3-1 in the last 4 BCS Bowl games. They consistantly have one of the best conference records in bowl games.

I am mentioning the bottom half of the conference, because that is how you judge conference depth.  WVU beat GA 2 years ago. USF beat Auburn. Going in to last year the Big East was something like 11-3 head to head vs the SEC since the realignment (Miami, BC, and VA Tech leaving).  Louisville has dominated Kentucky every year until last season.  Pitt does well OOC. WVU does well OOC. Rutgers, Cincy, USF, etc. All play well vs other BCS teams.

Yet despite all of that reality, the perception is that the Big East does not deserve to have a BCS bid. It makes no sense to me.  I can't figure it out.  I guess people just look at the names of the schools and not the on field performances.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#1 : September 09, 2009, 11:33:56 PM

^^^ If you say so.  these teams can beat anybody once a year in a big game.  I do not believe any if these teams could do it on a weekly basis in a BCS conference. 
Boise State, BYU, Utah could all go through the Big East schedule.. hell they could go through the ACC schedule and be just fine.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 09, 2009, 03:56:36 PM

^^^ If you say so.  these teams can beat anybody once a year in a big game.  I do not believe any if these teams could do it on a weekly basis in a BCS conference. 

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 07, 2009, 09:42:15 PM

Are there any UCF fans on here?  Tampa is close to Orlando so it seems like even with such a small fan base there has to be a few UCif fans on this board.  Can anybody explain what happened this weekend?  I thought you were supposed to beat the creampuffs you put on your schedule.  Maybe we can now all agree that the Big East made the right decision?

LOL   ;D

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#4 : September 07, 2009, 09:56:12 PM

Bucemup.. I watched your Bulls struggle to put away a bad team on the ESPN Gameplan package on Saturday night. But I have no idea why UCF didn't pound the living daylights out of Samford, same thing happened to Kansas State against U-Mass.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#5 : September 08, 2009, 05:44:05 PM

The Bulls struggled to win 40 something to 7?  They played a team with a solid yet unusuall offense that is in the top 10 in their conference.  UCif got man handled by a lesser team.  good team find a way to win games like that.  UCif's biggest accomplishment is winning a down conference title.  This title came in the same season USF beat them by 60 something.  Where is there meaningful wins?  UCif still seems to think they should be in a BCS conference but they can not win any big games.

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 08, 2009, 05:56:29 PM

The Bulls struggled to win 40 something to 7?  They played a team with a solid yet unusuall offense that is in the top 10 in their conference.  UCif got man handled by a lesser team.  good team find a way to win games like that.  UCif's biggest accomplishment is winning a down conference title.  This title came in the same season USF beat them by 60 something.  Where is there meaningful wins?  UCif still seems to think they should be in a BCS conference but they can not win any big games.
The Big Least should give up their BCS spot to the Mountain West.

BucsnBoltsFan

Starter

#7 : September 08, 2009, 09:22:23 PM

I was at the UCF game a very brutal game to say the least.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#8 : September 08, 2009, 11:55:24 PM

The Bulls struggled to win 40 something to 7? They played a team with a solid yet unusuall offense that is in the top 10 in their conference. UCif got man handled by a lesser team. good team find a way to win games like that. UCif's biggest accomplishment is winning a down conference title. This title came in the same season USF beat them by 60 something. Where is there meaningful wins? UCif still seems to think they should be in a BCS conference but they can not win any big games.

Because they beat up on poor Pac10 teams? Oregon would have lost to UCif.

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#9 : September 09, 2009, 02:14:18 AM

The Bulls struggled to win 40 something to 7? They played a team with a solid yet unusuall offense that is in the top 10 in their conference. UCif got man handled by a lesser team. good team find a way to win games like that. UCif's biggest accomplishment is winning a down conference title. This title came in the same season USF beat them by 60 something. Where is there meaningful wins? UCif still seems to think they should be in a BCS conference but they can not win any big games.

Because they beat up on poor Pac10 teams? Oregon would have lost to UCif.
Wait.. the Mountain West team that beat OU? Or the mountain west team that went on the road to Boulder and beat the Colorado Buffalos? Or the Mountain West team that beat Alabama last year in the BCS bowl game? You are confusing the WAC and the Mountain West. Hell Boise State would go undefeated in the Big Least... so would BYU, Utah AND TCU from the mountain west.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#10 : September 10, 2009, 11:00:55 PM

Again, JD, Louisville lost the last 2 to Kentucky.

The thing about the Big East is....who, on an annual basis, would match up with the Florida's, Georgia's, LSU's, Bama's? Hell, I didn't even mention UT or AU who are normally pretty good.  I am sure a WVU or even USF could on occasion win a game, but could they play those teams year in year out, week in and week out, and win?  I doubt it.  It's much easier for a WVU to get up for one game against a Georgia, than to play a Georgia then a Florida then a LSU, and escape. 

I will say, I think the Big east is right there with the ACC. 

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 11, 2009, 09:13:01 AM

^^^ If you say so. these teams can beat anybody once a year in a big game. I do not believe any if these teams could do it on a weekly basis in a BCS conference.
Boise State, BYU, Utah could all go through the Big East schedule.. hell they could go through the ACC schedule and be just fine.

You say it like there is no ifs and or butts about it.  These teams go undefeated in a weak conference and beat a good team once every season.  The rest of the teams in their conference are like playing DII teams. 

You speak of them beating Bama last season.  Do you not think Bama was deflated by the loss to Florida?  Playing that team was probably considered a joke by their players.  They were looking forward to a NCgame and now they have to play some bozos.  If they had to play a REAL football team they mave have gotten pumped up. 

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#12 : September 11, 2009, 09:15:54 AM

I am sure a WVU or even USF could on occasion win a game, but could they play those teams year in year out, week in and week out, and win? I doubt it. It's much easier for a WVU to get up for one game against a Georgia, than to play a Georgia then a Florida then a LSU, and escape.

I will say, I think the Big east is right there with the ACC.

One game does not make a season.  That I agree, that is why the lower conferences swhould not even considered for BCS bowls.  However, the teams you mentioned have beaten more than one good team a season.  The SEC is overblown because they have so many teams.  If you look at one side of the conference or the other they are comparable to USF and WVU.

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#13 : September 13, 2009, 01:56:43 AM

^^^ If you say so. these teams can beat anybody once a year in a big game. I do not believe any if these teams could do it on a weekly basis in a BCS conference.

You say it like there is no ifs and or butts about it.  These teams go undefeated in a weak conference and beat a good team once every season.  The rest of the teams in their conference are like playing DII teams. 

You speak of them beating Bama last season.  Do you not think Bama was deflated by the loss to Florida?  Playing that team was probably considered a joke by their players.  They were looking forward to a NCgame and now they have to play some bozos.  If they had to play a REAL football team they mave have gotten pumped up. 

Hahaha.... Boise State would ROLL any team from the Big Least and would it week in and week out. BYU, Utah and TCU would roll the Big East and would take most if not all ACC teams out behind the woodshed. Give me a break with the "none of those teams shouldn't be in a BCS bowl game" crap. I saw what TCU did to Virginia this week and you will see what they will do to Clemson in a few weeks. Would those teams survive the SEC undefeated? No.. but not even Florida does that. Hell you saw Houston (another supposed weak no talent team) win AT Oklahoma State by 10 today, who last week beat Georgia by 10. Sorry but your "argument" is all all show and no go.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: UCF Fans? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools