Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Leftwich played well? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11

bigbuc345

Pro Bowler

#30 : September 13, 2009, 06:49:48 PM

I'm going to blame it on the rain.... just for the hell of it.

It raind for about 4 minutes.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#31 : September 13, 2009, 06:53:06 PM

Leftwich played great.

What game were you watching?  Coming into the game, I was worried, but Leftwich had about 2 overthrows and the rest of the time, he was stellar.

Almost 300 yards, 1 touchdown, no turnovers.  Led us down the field.

I walk away from this game estatic.  I thought we had a chance to go 0-16 this year, I really did, but how the offense played today really gave me some hope...

The defensive breakdowns were pathetic.  Our Kicking unit was pathetic.  Olsen's brainfart to call a passing play at the end of the 1st half was also pathetic.

We didn't help ourselves with dumb play calling at end of first half, the fact that our kicking unit sucked, and the fact that our secondary gave up 3 big pass plays.

But overall, I walked away thinking that we can maybe beat some teams this year.

TheAman

Hall of Famer

#32 : September 13, 2009, 06:54:41 PM

Leftwich wasn't great, but wasn't awful either.

He made some throws (the throw right before halftime to Clayton, among them) that none of the Bucs QBs since Johnson could've made.  But yes, seeing him overthrow a few passes drove me nuts as well.  You take the good with the bad.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#33 : September 13, 2009, 06:56:15 PM

Leftwich played great.

What game were you watching?  Coming into the game, I was worried, but Leftwich had about 2 overthrows and the rest of the time, he was stellar.

Almost 300 yards, 1 touchdown, no turnovers.  Led us down the field.

I walk away from this game estatic.  I thought we had a chance to go 0-16 this year, I really did, but how the offense played today really gave me some hope...

The defensive breakdowns were pathetic.  Our Kicking unit was pathetic.  Olsen's brainfart to call a passing play at the end of the 1st half was also pathetic.

We didn't help ourselves with dumb play calling at end of first half, the fact that our kicking unit sucked, and the fact that our secondary gave up 3 big pass plays.

But overall, I walked away thinking that we can maybe beat some teams this year.

He may as well of had a turnover, he fumbled a snap.

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#34 : September 13, 2009, 06:57:09 PM

Yeah, no other QB's do that.

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#35 : September 13, 2009, 06:57:24 PM

he played well, compared to what we had here the past few years.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#36 : September 13, 2009, 06:59:49 PM

Yeah, no other QB's do that.

Stupid post. It still is a bad play, I was just pointing it out. Whats your mission here?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#37 : September 13, 2009, 07:03:59 PM

he played well, compared to what we had here the past few years.

Against the Cowboys this year, Leftwich completed 61%, threw a TD pass (almost two), threw no INT's, had a passer rating of 90, and led his offense to three TD's. Against the same team last year, Garcia completed 2% more of his passes, threw 0 TD's, had a passer rating of 76, and led his team to three FG's.

So, at least in a game against the same team one year removed, yeah, Leftwich looked better than Garcia for sure.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#38 : September 13, 2009, 07:05:40 PM

Stupid post. It still is a bad play, I was just pointing it out. Whats your mission here?

A fumbled snap recovered by your own team doesn't equal a turnover. At least not in the NFL. Maybe it does in your fantasy league, perhaps that's why you're confused and said that he may as well have had a turnover.

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#39 : September 13, 2009, 07:06:25 PM

i thought it was refreshing to see him take some shots down the field.. move into the pocket and also stand tall in the pocket and pass. now i didnt like seeing the over throws.. but, lets hope he can do well enough to win enough games so freeman can progress and become the starter

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#40 : September 13, 2009, 07:07:01 PM

A fumbled snap recovered by your own team doesn't equal a turnover. At least not in the NFL. Maybe it does in your fantasy league, perhaps that's why you're confused and said that he may as well have had a turnover.

I didn't realize I wasn't allowed to post something that happened during the course of the bucs game here. Why are you nitpicking?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#41 : September 13, 2009, 07:11:03 PM

Anyone that has read my posts knows that i can't stand Lefty's game... but dude played well enuff for us to win today.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#42 : September 13, 2009, 07:11:32 PM

I didn't realize I wasn't allowed to post something that happened during the course of the bucs game here. Why are you nitpicking?

So you consider saying a fumbled snap is as good as a turnover is nitpicking? You're pulling my leg, right?

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#43 : September 13, 2009, 07:16:38 PM

Anyone that has read my posts knows that i can't stand Lefty's game... but dude played well enuff for us to win today.

LOL... coulda swore we lost.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#44 : September 13, 2009, 07:18:10 PM

So you consider saying a fumbled snap is as good as a turnover is nitpicking? You're pulling my leg, right?

I said it may as well of been one. Think about it, you never know who is going to come out with the ball at one of those piles. Act like you have watched football before. Your better than this.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Leftwich played well? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools