Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Surprise -Surprise the Bucs might actually be building an offense « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: September 14, 2009, 10:53:38 AM

Who would have thunk it? An offense that actually produces in the redzone - routinely forced the action down field. Sure, there is still plenty of work to be done heading forward, but going 3 for 3 in the redzone, running the ball at will coupled with a passing attack the puts pressure on opposing defenses and a quarterback willing to hang tough in the pocket amidst fierce pressure answers a lot of questions that loomed heading into the start of the regular season. I, for one was surprised with the ebb and flow of the offense. Especially the down hill running game - the passing game also was very exciting to see. The Cowboys ranked 12th in the league last season at stopping the run and added players to its front seven this off-season, so to see the line opening holes and the backs making use of the cut back lanes was a very positive site to see.

Leftwich showed good command of the playbook and hung in the pocket and took some vicious hits in the second half but routinely stood tall under fierce pressure and deliver the ball downfield.

Marcus Johnson & Jonathan Compas played very well coming in late in the game for injuried players and seemed very comfortable filling in, looks like the team salvaged two players from the trash heap that could pay big dividends down the road.

Michael Clayton came up big after signing what some fans deemed an inflated contract, Carnell Williams showed great vision, burst and power after missing nearly two years, emotional leader early on.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 14, 2009, 11:02:47 AM

Too bad they allowed the defense to fall apart in order to build an offense.  Defense wins championships.

ALong13

Pro Bowler
#2 : September 14, 2009, 11:05:26 AM

WE SCORED TOUCHDOWNS! Because that's what we went out to do! TOUCHDOWNS! lol

But seriously offense looked pretty good, had we gotten a little better pass rush and some defense at the safety position and we could have won this game...

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#3 : September 14, 2009, 11:07:36 AM

I guess you are referring to Gruden and Allen for allowing the defense to fall apart as it fell apart on their watch and now seems to be being rebuilt from the ground up again, which takes some time, as far as the offense goes haven't seen passes thrown through the air like that in ages, not to mention the rushing attack, that took very few if any negative plays.

When was the last time a Bucs quarterback had that many pass plays of 13 yards or more with no YAC?

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#4 : September 14, 2009, 11:11:54 AM

I guess you are referring to Gruden and Allen for allowing the defense to fall apart

Not at all.  I'm referring to the fact that they basically did nothing in free agency or the draft to address any needs on defense.  they went ALL offense even though the offense already had better talent than the D.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#5 : September 14, 2009, 11:16:30 AM

3 for 3 in the redzone = most overrated stat of the year

We scored 14 points thru 58 minutes.
Everyone left the game early 'cause they did the math and found out we couldn't win.

We average 24 ppg in December- THAT wasn't good enough-- but if we get a garbage TD after the game is OVER that STILL leaves us 3 points lower than Dec'08...that's "a vast improvement". You voted for Obama, didn't you?...

jaybuc88

Pro Bowler
#6 : September 14, 2009, 11:19:42 AM

Too bad they allowed the defense to fall apart in order to build an offense. Defense wins championships.

Wow..I agree with Jave! Also, how many dropped balls did our Wideouts have yesterday? goodness sakes

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 14, 2009, 11:28:44 AM

...As far as the offense goes haven't seen passes thrown through the air like that in ages, not to mention the rushing attack, that took very few if any negative plays.

When was the last time a Bucs quarterback had that many pass plays of 13 yards or more with no YAC?

More fishwrap "pet" stereotypes.

Byron's YardsPerAttempt yesterday was 6.7

Garcia's in the last 2 years-- 7.3 & 7.2
Ask Antonio Bryant how many long passes HE caught yesterday.

Watch the games more & read fishwraps less.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#8 : September 14, 2009, 11:37:10 AM

I guess you are referring to Gruden and Allen for allowing the defense to fall apart

Not at all.  I'm referring to the fact that they basically did nothing in free agency or the draft to address any needs on defense.  they went ALL offense even though the offense already had better talent than the D.

LOL. Miller, Moore and Biggers. And although Crowell didn't pan out, he was another one.

Jackass.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#9 : September 14, 2009, 11:38:03 AM

Well with Faine supposedly out 4 to 6 weeks... I don't know how much more the offense will be building. We will see.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#10 : September 14, 2009, 11:40:08 AM

LOL. Miller, Moore and Biggers. And although Crowell didn't pan out, he was another one.

Jackass.

Very little money tied up in those players, ufojoe.  Very little.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 14, 2009, 11:41:37 AM

Not at all.  I'm referring to the fact that they basically did nothing in free agency or the draft to address any needs on defense.  they went ALL offense even though the offense already had better talent than the D.

You really are an idiot.   You think those losers compare to what they added on offense?   1st round pick on Freeman, 2nd round on Winslow, big contract to Bryant, big contract to Ward, big contract to Clayton, big contract to Leftwich.    They did little to NOTHING for the defense this year other than cut Brooks and June and let Buchanon walk.   They did keep Jermaine Phillips - big deal.   Miller Moore and Biggers are dog crap fillers, not stars.   Buchanon is better than all 3 of them put together.   

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#12 : September 14, 2009, 11:44:12 AM

Not at all.  I'm referring to the fact that they basically did nothing in free agency or the draft to address any needs on defense.  they went ALL offense even though the offense already had better talent than the D.

You really are an idiot.   You think those losers compare to what they added on offense?   1st round pick on Freeman, 2nd round on Winslow, big contract to Bryant, big contract to Ward, big contract to Clayton, big contract to Leftwich.    They did little to NOTHING for the defense this year other than cut Brooks and June and let Buchanon walk.   They did keep Jermaine Phillips - big deal.   Miller Moore and Biggers are dog crap fillers, not stars.   Buchanon is better than all 3 of them put together.   

LOL, Jackass. Miller and Moore will make a nice impact this year.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#13 : September 14, 2009, 11:54:02 AM

The Buccaneers are ranked 5th in the league in total offense.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#14 : September 14, 2009, 12:18:59 PM

I ant seen passes like that since Doug Williams
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Surprise -Surprise the Bucs might actually be building an offense « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools