Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Surprise -Surprise the Bucs might actually be building an offense « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

AcuraT

Starter

#15 : September 14, 2009, 12:25:27 PM

The Bucs may be building an offense that is different, but so far the results are the same.  Last season Gruden's offense averaged 22 points a game.  This game resulted in 14 points and a final 7 given up by Dallas with less than two minutes remaining.

Yes, it is more exciting. Yes, it generated far more yardage than I think anyone is used to.  But in meaningful points, nothing yet.  It is too early to know if this will be successful as it is only one game.  However, I will agree that it did look positive and a much more wide-open offense than any fan is used to. It really did look a little bit like the St. Louis Rams offense that Olson is known for adopting.  I give the guy credit... and little to Raheem Morris who did not even interview him for the job as offensive coordinator initially.  However I do give him credit for replacing Jags with him.  That seems like to be a good move so far.

stereochemistry

Pro Bowler

#16 : September 14, 2009, 02:07:09 PM

The Bucs may be building an offense that is different, but so far the results are the same. Last season Gruden's offense averaged 22 points a game. This game resulted in 14 points and a final 7 given up by Dallas with less than two minutes remaining.

Right, I keep forgetting that Gruden's offense didn't score any points in the last few minutes during losing games.

I don't mind regulating stats to meaningful and meaningless, but let's try to keep context in mind for all comparisons.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#17 : September 14, 2009, 02:21:51 PM

What was Garcias average YPA without counting YAC?

vladin

Starter

#18 : September 14, 2009, 02:54:03 PM

The Bucs may be building an offense that is different, but so far the results are the same.  Last season Gruden's offense averaged 22 points a game.  This game resulted in 14 points and a final 7 given up by Dallas with less than two minutes remaining.

Yes, it is more exciting. Yes, it generated far more yardage than I think anyone is used to.  But in meaningful points, nothing yet.  It is too early to know if this will be successful as it is only one game.  However, I will agree that it did look positive and a much more wide-open offense than any fan is used to. It really did look a little bit like the St. Louis Rams offense that Olson is known for adopting.  I give the guy credit... and little to Raheem Morris who did not even interview him for the job as offensive coordinator initially.  However I do give him credit for replacing Jags with him.  That seems like to be a good move so far.

Nah, the actual 2008 OFFENSE averaged about 11 point per game.  The other 11 points came from either special teams (extra points, 32 field goals / 2 returns) or from defensive scores (5).  The sample is way too small after only one game, but the 2009 Buccaneers OFFENSE (at least for 1 game) averages 18 points per game. 

AcuraT

Starter

#19 : September 14, 2009, 03:06:45 PM

Nice counterarguements but the only number that counts is the number on the scoreboard.  One game is too much of a small sample.  I am getting attacked for stating that the end result was the same number of points - but that is the fact, no matter how they are scored (defense, special teams, whatever).  What I find fascinating on this board is I am getting attacked for the first two sentences, but nothing I wrote after that is taken in consideration.  That last sentence is ignored in particular it appears, "That seems like to be a good move so far."

Overall, I am positive about the offense just writing that so far it is the same number of points, but much more interesting.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#20 : September 14, 2009, 03:19:51 PM

What was Garcias average YPA without counting YAC?

I can't help it if his scrambling allowed the PassCatchers more time to get open and the PassCatchers were then able to run after they caught the ball.
(2 'digs" there...)

Our FranchiseTagged $9million WR is going to go ape **CENSORED** if the Offense keeps playin' scared-to-throw-him-the-ball.

vladin

Starter

#21 : September 14, 2009, 03:29:04 PM

Nice counterarguements but the only number that counts is the number on the scoreboard.  One game is too much of a small sample.  I am getting attacked for stating that the end result was the same number of points - but that is the fact, no matter how they are scored (defense, special teams, whatever).  What I find fascinating on this board is I am getting attacked for the first two sentences, but nothing I wrote after that is taken in consideration.  That last sentence is ignored in particular it appears, "That seems like to be a good move so far."

Overall, I am positive about the offense just writing that so far it is the same number of points, but much more interesting.

I wasn't attacking you bro.  This is a thread dedicated to Offense (or so I presumed), so I was talking about pure Offense.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#22 : September 14, 2009, 09:46:27 PM

3 for 3 in the redzone = most overrated stat of the year

We scored 14 points thru 58 minutes.
Everyone left the game early 'cause they did the math and found out we couldn't win.

We average 24 ppg in December- THAT wasn't good enough-- but if we get a garbage TD after the game is OVER that STILL leaves us 3 points lower than Dec'08...that's "a vast improvement". You voted for Obama, didn't you?...

You see the improvement in the O already. Too bad you are hanging on to the last of Gruden's hairy b@::s. Pathetic...you loser and who did you vote for? Another loser?...Go find another team!

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#23 : September 14, 2009, 09:59:48 PM

14 points thru 58 minutes is unacceptable.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#24 : September 14, 2009, 10:09:55 PM

How did you feel when Garcia could only muster 9 points through 60 minutes against that same Dallas team?

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#25 : September 14, 2009, 10:20:36 PM

3 for 3 in the redzone = most overrated stat of the year

We scored 14 points thru 58 minutes.
Everyone left the game early 'cause they did the math and found out we couldn't win.

We average 24 ppg in December- THAT wasn't good enough-- but if we get a garbage TD after the game is OVER that STILL leaves us 3 points lower than Dec'08...that's "a vast improvement". You voted for Obama, didn't you?...
Aren't you the kid that was clowning Morris because of his "we're going to score touchdowns" comment?

3/3. Play calling was superb and you aren't giving them enough credit. Garbage td? That's why they Cowboys were still playing them tough in the 10 yard line? Shut up.

#26 : September 14, 2009, 10:24:04 PM

"WE'RE GOING TO SCORE TOUCHDOWNS!!!"*

*Just not at the alarming rate the other team is going to score them.

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#27 : September 14, 2009, 10:25:06 PM

What you said. I don't care WHO the coach is either.

BL is worse than I ever thought though. He lost that game alongside the defense imo. Firing a laser at a RB 5 yards away IS NOT helping. Rah needs to stand the wr's and RB's directly in front of the pitchmachines if they want to catch his passes. If he can turn it down a notch, that would be much better for everyone. People forget so quickly, in ONE series (in three plays) he nearly gave up the ball TWICE. From what I heard, Faine will be out for awhile, and we JUST re-signed Mahan... If he couldn't muster more than 14 points with a healthy "superstar" center, then how's he going to fare with Mahans sorry butt? Bullrush down the middle anyone?

I'll give Rah & Co. the benefit of the doubt once again since we're brand-new, but after game 3-4, I expect them to be better or I'll have to give them my mark of dissapproval.  :D

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#28 : September 14, 2009, 11:15:03 PM

I definetly got some optimism from Sundays game, but how come 21 points is acceptable this year, but when the Bucs put up over 21 pts in 3 out of the last 4 weeks last year, it was the offenses fault for us missing the playoffs?

I personally think 21 pts should be enough to win you a football game.  Maybe thats just b/c I was spoiled by the Bucs having a top D for all those years.

I like the optimism, but it's just 1 game.  I will admit though that if we play like we did on O throughout the year, we will have some wins under our belt.  Just got to correct the secondary

BP1

Pro Bowler

#29 : September 14, 2009, 11:28:22 PM

I have never seen so much anger this early in a season. A lot of this talk looks like it should be at the end of a season or at least the half point. Maybe it's just me, but I prefer to watch a few games first before getting all pissed at everything.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Surprise -Surprise the Bucs might actually be building an offense « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools