Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Surprise -Surprise the Bucs might actually be building an offense « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#30 : September 14, 2009, 11:47:22 PM

14 points thru 58 minutes is unacceptable.

Technically, it would have been 20 points if our kicker was worth a shiz.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#31 : September 14, 2009, 11:52:19 PM

I guess you are referring to Gruden and Allen for allowing the defense to fall apart

Not at all.  I'm referring to the fact that they basically did nothing in free agency or the draft to address any needs on defense.  they went ALL offense even though the offense already had better talent than the D.

LOL. Miller, Moore and Biggers. And although Crowell didn't pan out, he was another one.

Jackass.

Very little money tied up in those players, ufojoe.  Very little.
Yet your littler girl (VERY sucky QB) couldn't beat out Russell and he whined and cried like a little girl to get his release.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#32 : September 14, 2009, 11:58:33 PM

We should be better on offense this year than Gruden ever was with this team. We should be building more towards the defensive ball in the upcoming drafts and free agency. We are building a hell of an offense.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#33 : September 15, 2009, 12:14:18 AM

I have never seen so much anger this early in a season. A lot of this talk looks like it should be at the end of a season or at least the half point. Maybe it's just me, but I prefer to watch a few games first before getting all pissed at everything.

BP, you've been around here long enough to know better than to try introducing logic into a thread like this!

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#34 : September 15, 2009, 12:43:44 AM

What was Garcias average YPA without counting YAC?

I can't help it if his scrambling allowed the PassCatchers more time to get open and the PassCatchers were then able to run after they caught the ball.
(2 'digs" there...)

Our FranchiseTagged $9million WR is going to go ape crap if the Offense keeps playin' scared-to-throw-him-the-ball.

Pssssttttt

AB had more targets against Dallas this week than he had against Dallas last year

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#35 : September 15, 2009, 12:44:35 AM

14 points thru 58 minutes is unacceptable.

Especially when you are giving up 31!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#36 : September 15, 2009, 08:00:03 AM

It is clear the buccs offense is markedly improved.  For those paying attention last year they could see the O was only in need of better qb performance.  To see the buccs improve this much with a talent like Leftwich - well it makes one dream about getting an above average NFL talent at qb.  That and a back up lineman or two.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#37 : September 15, 2009, 08:03:28 AM

It is clear the buccs offense is markedly improved.  For those paying attention last year they could see the O was only in need of better qb performance.  To see the buccs improve this much with a talent like Leftwich - well it makes one dream about getting an above average NFL talent at qb.  That and a back up lineman or two.

Ya think so?   The Bucs were an unknown commodity opening day.  Now teams have some tape on them.   Look for them to struggle big time next week and the rest of the season.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#38 : September 15, 2009, 08:11:15 AM

Yea - big loss with Faine - but they can run the ball - when a team can do that things open up.  Ran well left, right, center with both Caddy and Ward - talent at wrs - good pass protection of an immoveable object... yea they are a lot better

As for the tape - suspect Other Teams O's hogging it ALL - and telling wrs to drink plenty of fluids they don't cramp up...  >:(

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#39 : September 15, 2009, 08:19:53 AM

Ya think so?   The Bucs were an unknown commodity opening day.  Now teams have some tape on them.   Look for them to struggle big time next week and the rest of the season.

Sadly once the Boys had a chance to see what we were doing the offense didn't move nearly as well in the second half - and the defense also suffered under the effects of film too.

The Dallas take at this point, BTW, is that the Bucs ran when they thought they'd pass, pass when they thought they'd run in the first half plus they got caught in a lot of run blitzes that didn't work against the zone blocking scheme and when they went base defense in the second half everything got better.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#40 : September 15, 2009, 08:43:04 AM

I definetly got some optimism from Sundays game, but how come 21 points is acceptable this year, but when the Bucs put up over 21 pts in 3 out of the last 4 weeks last year, it was the offenses fault for us missing the playoffs?

I personally think 21 pts should be enough to win you a football game.  Maybe thats just b/c I was spoiled by the Bucs having a top D for all those years.

I like the optimism, but it's just 1 game.  I will admit though that if we play like we did on O throughout the year, we will have some wins under our belt.  Just got to correct the secondary
Right now the defense is in the same shape the offense was in 2006. No premium players and few premium resources invested into it.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#41 : September 15, 2009, 10:21:32 AM

Feel Real Good…and that makes me wonder if our GMs are really that inept or are the Glazers giving them a spending limit?

I mean, it boggles my mind to go into the season with just Barber and Talib at cornerback.  Mack, Cox, and Biggers are dime cornerbacks at best and the fact that one of these guys will be a nickel all season long for us means that opposing QBs and Coordinators will eventually catch on and pick on them.  Barber is also getting long in the tooth and the only, and I mean ONLY reason Talib wasn’t punished by the team was because of how thin we were at Cornerback.  We are an injury away from making last week’s performance in the secondary one of our better games.  I’m dead serious too.

Dallas doesn’t have a great core of WRs.  Roy Williams isn’t bad, but let’s not act like Miles Austin and Patrick Crayton are probowl caliber WRs.  We better figure something out in that secondary because if we don’t Drew Brees will do to us what he did to the Lions.  We also face Lee Evans and Terrell Owens this week.

Why didn’t we extend Barrett Ruud yet? 

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#42 : September 15, 2009, 10:24:08 AM

Corner backs are fine because most teams field a similar variety.  The problem is the lack of talent at DE which the Bucs need to invest a lot more resources into in the upcoming off season.

The problem this past Sunday wasn't on the cornerbacks, but the safety play. 

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#43 : September 15, 2009, 10:49:56 AM

Feel Real Good and that makes me wonder if our GMs are really that inept or are the Glazers giving them a spending limit?
Well we know they went after Haynesworth and Vilma hard, so it appears they've adopted an all or nothing attitude where if a free agent isn't an OBVIOUS upgrade, they'll roll with the players already on the roster. No more Juran Boldens.

The Bucs basically scrapped the roster around 2004 so most of the players have only been in the league 3-5 years and are on their rookie contracts. They're not going to make a lot of money. The biggest indicator will be what eventually happens with all the young players when it is time for extensions. They already paid Clayton.

I mean, it boggles my mind to go into the season with just Barber and Talib at cornerback.  Mack, Cox, and Biggers are dime cornerbacks at best and the fact that one of these guys will be a nickel all season long for us means that opposing QBs and Coordinators will eventually catch on and pick on them.  Barber is also getting long in the tooth and the only, and I mean ONLY reason Talib wasn't punished by the team was because of how thin we were at Cornerback.  We are an injury away from making last week's performance in the secondary one of our better games.  I'm dead serious too.
I think you would be surprised what other teams trot out at #3 and #4 CB. Atlanta's depth chart goes Chris Houston -> Brian Wiliams -> Brent Grimes -> Chevis Jackson -> Ty Hill. Is that really much different than what we have? Your #3 and #4 corners are pretty much supposed to be developmental guys. We won the Super Bowl with Dwight Smith as our NCB 2 years in the NFL.

Dallas doesn't have a great core of WRs.  Roy Williams isn't bad, but let's not act like Miles Austin and Patrick Crayton are probowl caliber WRs.  We better figure something out in that secondary because if we don't Drew Brees will do to us what he did to the Lions.  We also face Lee Evans and Terrell Owens this week.
Romo is a notorious fast starter. He had 300+ yards passing in 4 of Dallas' first 6 games last season. He does this to a lot of teams.

Why didn't we extend Barrett Ruud yet? 
We really don't know.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#44 : September 15, 2009, 11:08:51 AM

Sadly once the Boys had a chance to see what we were doing the offense didn't move nearly as well in the second half

Not exactly...

Buccaneers First Half Stats on O...

Total Net Yards - 231

Net Yards Rushing - 101

Net Yards Passing - 130

Buccaneers 2nd Half Stats on O...

Total Net Yards - 220

Net Yards Rushing - 73

Net Yards Passing - 146
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Surprise -Surprise the Bucs might actually be building an offense « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools