Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Surprise -Surprise the Bucs might actually be building an offense « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#45 : September 15, 2009, 11:33:37 AM

Yeah but about 80 of the second half yards came on the ooops-oh-by-the-way drive when it was 34-14

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#46 : September 15, 2009, 12:05:00 PM

Yeah but about 80 of the second half yards came on the ooops-oh-by-the-way drive when it was 34-14
Thatis why those numbers are somewhat skewed, IMO.

It will be awful if Bryant is not ready to play (well).

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#47 : September 15, 2009, 12:09:41 PM

Yeah but I'll take it.

Look up how many games we've had of 450 or more yards - you won't get to double digits, and it's not even 5 if you limit yourself to 1990 - 2009.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#48 : September 15, 2009, 12:11:42 PM

I guess you are referring to Gruden and Allen for allowing the defense to fall apart

Not at all.  I'm referring to the fact that they basically did nothing in free agency or the draft to address any needs on defense.  they went ALL offense even though the offense already had better talent than the D.

Angelo Crowell, Roy Miller and Kyle Moore are on line 3, sir.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#49 : September 15, 2009, 11:19:54 PM

I guess you are referring to Gruden and Allen for allowing the defense to fall apart

Not at all.  I'm referring to the fact that they basically did nothing in free agency or the draft to address any needs on defense.  they went ALL offense even though the offense already had better talent than the D.

Angelo Crowell, Roy Miller and Kyle Moore are on line 3, sir.

LOL. That was too easy, Caddilac. D is a work in progress and we'll continue to build through the draft with a few FAs thrown in.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#50 : September 15, 2009, 11:57:56 PM

Tell you what man, talking about offense...Byron is a good interview.  Much better than McCown or Garcia, or any QB the BUcs have had in recent memory...

We may badger him, hopefully the accuracy issues do not follow him to BUffalo.  He was fairly reasonable in tampa this week...let's hope he gets enough time to stand there, about 3 seconds would be nice, and can wind up and hit the targets.

Got my fingers crossed.

Bryant has to be healthy.  If not, problems man...problems.

And safety play has to be severely improved...I agree with Byron about the 4 or 5 plays.  One of them was his own fault, and he acknowledged that.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#51 : September 16, 2009, 06:59:05 AM

Every game should be decided by ONE play.  If you are losing by 4 or 5 plays, you are being blown out.

Sactobuc

Starter

#52 : September 16, 2009, 02:39:04 PM

Ya think so? The Bucs were an unknown commodity opening day. Now teams have some tape on them. Look for them to struggle big time next week and the rest of the season.

Sadly once the Boys had a chance to see what we were doing the offense didn't move nearly as well in the second half - and the defense also suffered under the effects of film too.

The Dallas take at this point, BTW, is that the Bucs ran when they thought they'd pass, pass when they thought they'd run in the first half plus they got caught in a lot of run blitzes that didn't work against the zone blocking scheme and when they went base defense in the second half everything got better.

Interesting info, didn't think it was all Dallas holding us back, I thought we did some changes that "didn't" work as well.  Like abandon the running game with Caddy while the engine was hot....

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"They thought it was the end of the world, The day they heard the pirates sing-But the only treasure for a Buccaneer, Is a Super Bowl Ring\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#53 : September 21, 2009, 10:10:33 PM

...As far as the offense goes haven't seen passes thrown through the air like that in ages, not to mention the rushing attack, that took very few if any negative plays.

When was the last time a Bucs quarterback had that many pass plays of 13 yards or more with no YAC?

More fishwrap "pet" stereotypes.

Byron's YardsPerAttempt yesterday was 6.7

Garcia's in the last 2 years-- 7.3 & 7.2
Ask Antonio Bryant how many long passes HE caught yesterday.

Watch the games more & read fishwraps less.

Byron Leftwich 2009 YardsPerAttempt?  6.3  <---yawn

"I haven't seen passes thrown through the air like that in ages." blah, blah, blah  <---yank, whatever. 
"I ain't seen passes like that since Doug Williams!!" blah, blah, blah  <---yank, whatever. 

Cluelessness.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#54 : September 27, 2009, 01:48:43 PM

bump

We got rid of Garcia for THIS?

::)

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#55 : October 17, 2009, 02:15:14 AM

SURPRISE -SURPRISE THE BUCS MIGHT ACTUALLY BE BUILDING AN OFFENSE

guess not.

Total TearDown Mode

right again!

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Surprise -Surprise the Bucs might actually be building an offense « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools