Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will we ever have a Devin Hester? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

: October 17, 2006, 07:27:09 AM

I think its bad when you carry a guy on the roster to do one job that he's not even good at. When will we ever have a game changing return man?  [banghead] [banghead] [banghead]

coopsxx

Starter
#1 : October 17, 2006, 07:38:55 AM

yeh i was thinking when they drafted him that it seems a bit of a waste, but if the guy is that good where he can average a minimum of 2 TD's a season then its worth it. Even for a second rounder.

I think we are one of the worst at blocking for our returners though, saying that i think we look like we can block just about any field goal this season those guys r doing great, we were inches from vlocking grahams kick this weekend

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 17, 2006, 08:03:38 AM

I think its bad when you carry a guy on the roster to do one job that he's not even good at. When will we ever have a game changing return man? [banghead] [banghead] [banghead]

I wish...but those guys, like stud 1st rd LOT's, don't grow on trees... [banghead]

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

#3 : October 17, 2006, 08:25:03 AM

I wish...but those guys, like stud 1st rd LOT's, don't grow on trees... [banghead]

Yea but what has Mark Jones ever done to be anointed our return guy?

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 17, 2006, 08:53:29 AM

Hae was better than Tim (fair catch) Brown.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 17, 2006, 08:59:22 AM

Nothing
It is amazing that over the history of the bucs some nobody hasn't stepped up.  Thought we had one with Frank Murphy a few years ago - but alas -- he is gone.  Amazing is the only word that fits.  Guys have jumped off of beer trucks, from qb, wr, fron nowhere U - and seem to drop right on the roster of some teams.  Not our bucs.  Amazing.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 17, 2006, 09:00:24 AM

I agree, I'm just saying where is the guy coming from?  Seems like you have to draft him and o n this team we can't keep the dead weight.  He's got to be more than a special teamer...or at least that's been the arguement...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#7 : October 17, 2006, 11:33:32 AM

Hester was on the board and we could have drafted him or Jones-Drew, both of whom which are having outstanding years for rookies. I believe they went in the third round...what is our third rounder doing?

#8 : October 17, 2006, 11:53:24 AM

I think its bad when you carry a guy on the roster to do one job that he's not even good at. When will we ever have a game changing return man? [banghead] [banghead] [banghead]

We have one....remember its the almighty MARK JONES!!!!!!!!!!

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#9 : October 17, 2006, 12:16:37 PM

Hester was on the board and we could have drafted him or Jones-Drew, both of whom which are having outstanding years for rookies. I believe they went in the third round...what is our third rounder doing?

Getting ready to be a WR in this offense for a long time.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 17, 2006, 12:26:34 PM

Hester went at #57 overall, two picks before our second round selection.  I really, REALLY don't think he would have been worth the first rounder we would have had to spend to get him, especially with our woeful blocking.

Oh, and Jones-Drew went #60 overall, so we could have had him with our second round pick, but it would have cost just that.  Personally, I'm inclined to think that a ROT for the future was a rather bigger need for the team than another RB.

#11 : October 17, 2006, 12:27:20 PM

I agree, I'm just saying where is the guy coming from?  Seems like you have to draft him and o n this team we can't keep the dead weight.  He's got to be more than a special teamer...or at least that's been the arguement...

All Mark Jones is is a special teamer. He will never see the field as a wide out. Thats my gripe.... if you're gonna keep a guy that does only one thing, then at least he should be good at it. Jones has never even threatened to take one the distance.... not in my memory, anyway. We may as well send him home and leave Hilliard back there or an occasional Galloway.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 17, 2006, 12:28:42 PM

It is all a crapshoot man.  The Bears special teams plays a lot better than the Bucs special teams do, that is for sure.

#13 : October 17, 2006, 01:38:36 PM

All Mark Jones is is a special teamer. He will never see the field as a wide out. Thats my gripe.... if you're gonna keep a guy that does only one thing, then at least he should be good at it. Jones has never even threatened to take one the distance.... not in my memory, anyway. We may as well send him home and leave Hilliard back there or an occasional Galloway.

I was in favor of signing Michael Lewis (beer truck man) when he was in town. However I think his injury was the reason we didnt...which is a smart move because he is on the DL right now. Being a Gator fan I am sorry for giving the U some love but another quick return guy in Roscoe Parrish would have been nice...we passed him up many times in the draft and he is also a pretty good WR.  However I am hoping that a Allen Rossum come across the wire one day.....Actually Phillip Buchannon was just released by the Texas he is quick and could be a honorable mention here

#14 : October 17, 2006, 01:47:47 PM

The Bears reached on him, other than KR's he's utterly useless beccause he can't play either CB or WR to save his life.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will we ever have a Devin Hester? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools