Boards > The Red Board

Will we ever have a Devin Hester?

(1/2) > >>

HateDaEagles:
I think its bad when you carry a guy on the roster to do one job that he's not even good at. When will we ever have a game changing return man?  [banghead] [banghead] [banghead]

coopsxx:
yeh i was thinking when they drafted him that it seems a bit of a waste, but if the guy is that good where he can average a minimum of 2 TD's a season then its worth it. Even for a second rounder.

I think we are one of the worst at blocking for our returners though, saying that i think we look like we can block just about any field goal this season those guys r doing great, we were inches from vlocking grahams kick this weekend

cheveliar:

--- Quote from: H-D-E on October 17, 2006, 07:27:09 AM ---I think its bad when you carry a guy on the roster to do one job that he's not even good at. When will we ever have a game changing return man? [banghead] [banghead] [banghead]

--- End quote ---

I wish...but those guys, like stud 1st rd LOT's, don't grow on trees... [banghead]

HateDaEagles:

--- Quote from: Cheveliar on October 17, 2006, 08:03:38 AM ---I wish...but those guys, like stud 1st rd LOT's, don't grow on trees... [banghead]

--- End quote ---

Yea but what has Mark Jones ever done to be anointed our return guy?

Rusty:
Hae was better than Tim (fair catch) Brown.

dbucfan:

--- Quote from: H-D-E on October 17, 2006, 08:25:03 AM ---Yea but what has Mark Jones ever done to be anointed our return guy?

--- End quote ---

Nothing
It is amazing that over the history of the bucs some nobody hasn't stepped up.  Thought we had one with Frank Murphy a few years ago - but alas -- he is gone.  Amazing is the only word that fits.  Guys have jumped off of beer trucks, from qb, wr, fron nowhere U - and seem to drop right on the roster of some teams.  Not our bucs.  Amazing.

cheveliar:

--- Quote from: H-D-E on October 17, 2006, 08:25:03 AM ---Yea but what has Mark Jones ever done to be anointed our return guy?

--- End quote ---

I agree, I'm just saying where is the guy coming from?  Seems like you have to draft him and o n this team we can't keep the dead weight.  He's got to be more than a special teamer...or at least that's been the arguement...

Timbuc2:
Hester was on the board and we could have drafted him or Jones-Drew, both of whom which are having outstanding years for rookies. I believe they went in the third round...what is our third rounder doing?

utspartan:

--- Quote from: H-D-E on October 17, 2006, 07:27:09 AM ---I think its bad when you carry a guy on the roster to do one job that he's not even good at. When will we ever have a game changing return man? [banghead] [banghead] [banghead]

--- End quote ---

We have one....remember its the almighty MARK JONES!!!!!!!!!!

OpTiOnMaStA:

--- Quote from: Timbuc2 on October 17, 2006, 11:33:32 AM ---Hester was on the board and we could have drafted him or Jones-Drew, both of whom which are having outstanding years for rookies. I believe they went in the third round...what is our third rounder doing?

--- End quote ---

Getting ready to be a WR in this offense for a long time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version