Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: MORRIS DARES CRITICS TO QUESTION BUCS' RE-SIGNING OF CLAYTON « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 15

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

: September 16, 2009, 10:05:17 AM

If a coach needs to run his yap to motivate a player there's a problem.  The millions of $$$ the player gets paid should be motivation enough.  I ain't buyin' that for a minute.

Prefer, I totally understand what you are saying - and it makes total sense. For a rational person the fact that they are able to play football for a living should be enough.

But for whatever reason, it's been a part of football (and sports) since the game began.  When I played sports I rolled my eyes at that rah-rah stuff, but there are guys who need that to get pumped up for games. Lynch might be one of the smartest guys to play in this town, and yet he raved about Rod Marinelli's stupid rock.  It doesn't work on everybody, but if it works on 10 of them it's worth the little effort it takes. It's not a replacement for strategy and coaching, but it has it's uses.

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
#1 : September 15, 2009, 06:54:39 AM

http://pewterreport.com/articles/view/5901

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 15, 2009, 07:07:18 AM

Those are the kind of comments that will get players fired up to play for a coach.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 15, 2009, 07:48:47 AM

So far so good with Clayton, but let's say Clayton finishes with 500 yards on the season, I can't say I would agree with giving the man 5 mil a year.

But so far so good with Clayton, I will admit that.

Morris you going to dare critics to question the Bucs decision to not have a nickelback?

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#4 : September 15, 2009, 07:51:47 AM

Morris you going to dare critics to question the Bucs decision to not have a nickelback?

LOL!    If Morris wants to dare people about Clayton, he should put his job on the line.   How about if Clayton doesn't get over 1000 yards receiving, Morris is gone?   Now THAT would take balls.   Calling people out after Clayton has his first good game in 5 years takes no balls at all.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#5 : September 15, 2009, 07:52:36 AM

We do have a nickle.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 15, 2009, 07:54:11 AM

Booker..  Elbert Mack, Biggers, Cox?

Give me a break.  We have millions upon millions of dollars, and we decide to not re-sign Buchanon or go after somebody else.  heck even trade for Lito Sheppard...

Their excuse that only homer fans buy:  He wouldn't fid the defensive scheme.

Give me a break.  Don't tell me Elbert Mack does

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#7 : September 15, 2009, 07:55:46 AM

I have been a detractor because of crap performance - bc I have heard his crap for 3 years that he was going to work harder and play better - now after one game where he plays like he did in his rookie year all is great - keep him playing Raheem.  And stop worrying about how the media and fans see your players - get them playing better - like an NFL defensive backfield perhaps... or some pressure on opposing qbs.  

I like how your O worked - I saw it.  I applauded.  For Clayton as well, but I root for buccs - not players - they either perform or move on.  

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#8 : September 15, 2009, 07:59:37 AM

Booker.. Elbert Mack, Biggers, Cox?

Give me a break. We have millions upon millions of dollars, and we decide to not re-sign Buchanon or go after somebody else. heck even trade for Lito Sheppard...

Their excuse that only homer fans buy: He wouldn't fid the defensive scheme.

Give me a break. Don't tell me Elbert Mack does

I totally agree!!  Look no further than Seymore for the Raiders last night.  The guy made one practice but was a huge difference maker in that game. 

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#9 : September 15, 2009, 08:14:16 AM

Morris' attention to what outsiders might have said or have thought is bothering me more by the second - rabbit ears?  Thin skin? Easily distracted? 

Don't like it.  Not used to NFL coaches being concerned about how media or fans might feel about a player - who clearly sucked pond water - and provided a career's worth of excuses over three years.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

#10 : September 15, 2009, 08:46:13 AM

Morris' attention to what outsiders might have said or have thought is bothering me more by the second - rabbit ears?  Thin skin? Easily distracted? 

Don't like it.  Not used to NFL coaches being concerned about how media or fans might feel about a player - who clearly sucked pond water - and provided a career's worth of excuses over three years.

Agreed.

Clayton has had one good game, ala Carnell.

When #80 does it over the long haul, get back to me on it.  His rookie year stats were by default after McCardell became a bed-wetter.

And Raheem needs to worry about his own job, not the content of the job performed by the media.  If Morris falls into this trap, he's doomed. 

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 15, 2009, 08:46:57 AM

Nice redirection.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#12 : September 15, 2009, 08:48:31 AM

Morris and the Bucs FO has too many mistakes in recent memory to call anyone out. Shut up and coach.

Talking isn't his strong suit.

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

#13 : September 15, 2009, 08:50:57 AM

Look no further than Seymore for the Raiders last night.  The guy made one practice but was a huge difference maker in that game

Seymour's team lost.  So does that mean he was the difference between a Raider loss and a Raider win?    ???

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#14 : September 15, 2009, 09:05:28 AM

Morris' attention to what outsiders might have said or have thought is bothering me more by the second - rabbit ears? Thin skin? Easily distracted?

Don't like it. Not used to NFL coaches being concerned about how media or fans might feel about a player - who clearly sucked pond water - and provided a career's worth of excuses over three years.

I could give a damn to be honest. The players are going to love a coach who is going to stand up to the **CENSORED**y media about stuff like this, Ryan who is coaching the Jets comes to mind. It's time for a change in how HC's spit game to the media, it's refreshing to hear a coach who isn't down the middle.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: MORRIS DARES CRITICS TO QUESTION BUCS' RE-SIGNING OF CLAYTON « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools