Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: MORRIS DARES CRITICS TO QUESTION BUCS' RE-SIGNING OF CLAYTON « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 15

#15 : September 15, 2009, 09:15:08 AM

I really enjoy Coach Morris' pressers.

With the amount of whining the media, fans, et al did after the resigning - the comment makes perfect sense to me.  Maybe they (the coaching staff) know more than us?

Coach is a fired up kind of guy, a guy who these cats will play for, and play for hard - down to the last second. 

I'm with ya keep...  in a PC world, it's time for someone (in the Bucs Org) to come across with integrity and decisiveness in the media.  I think Morris has the ability to make it work well.  (Did anyone notice the nervous laughing at the end of the PC?)   

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#16 : September 15, 2009, 09:18:45 AM

I really enjoy Coach Morris' pressers.

With the amount of whining the media, fans, et al did after the resigning - the comment makes perfect sense to me. Maybe they (the coaching staff) know more than us?

Coach is a fired up kind of guy, a guy who these cats will play for, and play for hard - down to the last second.

I'm with ya keep... in a PC world, it's time for someone (in the Bucs Org) to come across with integrity and decisiveness in the media. I think Morris has the ability to make it work well. (Did anyone notice the nervous laughing at the end of the PC?)

No. Just saw the transcript. I'd write that off to the sexual tension in the room.

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

#17 : September 15, 2009, 09:23:17 AM

lol...

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#18 : September 15, 2009, 09:29:30 AM

Look no further than Seymore for the Raiders last night. The guy made one practice but was a huge difference maker in that game

Seymour's team lost. So does that mean he was the difference between a Raider loss and a Raider win? ???

No, the point was that he was able to come in and make an immediate difference without having to "learn" the system.  PLAY FOOTBALL!!!

king_frog

Hall of Famer
#19 : September 15, 2009, 09:29:36 AM

I have been a detractor because of crap performance - bc I have heard his crap for 3 years that he was going to work harder and play better - now after one game where he plays like he did in his rookie year all is great - keep him playing Raheem.  And stop worrying about how the media and fans see your players - get them playing better - like an NFL defensive backfield perhaps... or some pressure on opposing qbs.  

I like how your O worked - I saw it.  I applauded.  For Clayton as well, but I root for buccs - not players - they either perform or move on.  
DBUC,
I usually agree with most of what you have to say. But in this case I think that your love of Gruden has clouded the way that he treated Clayton. How can you compete when no balls are thrown to you in practice or you hardly get any playing time. And when you do, very few balls are thrown your way. He lost his confidence and was in the dawg house and could not get out. The change in regime has given him a new lease on life, lets go out and support him.

AcuraT

Starter

#20 : September 15, 2009, 09:42:10 AM

I guess people in general do not like Morris being so open.  Complaining now that he should be quiet and coach and not respond to media criticism.  It just shows that some cannot be satisfied no matter what you say, so why bother saying it? 

I wonder if Morris is under pressure internally for the moves he has made so far, although at first glance all he has done is made the team much younger and promoted all the second string younger players to starters (plus a few free agent acquistions and draft pickups).  All in an effort to make the team younger.

I may not agree with all that has been done, but I cutting the guy some slack in the hope I as a fan see progress as the season progresses.

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#21 : September 15, 2009, 09:43:31 AM

Wait just a second. Clayton has been hurt and inconsistent a lot. That's not on the coaches.

I hope his decent play continues.

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#22 : September 15, 2009, 09:51:00 AM

I enjoy Morris' press conferences. Morris takes responsibility. When heckled about the "miscommunications" on defense, Morris stepped up and stated that it was a play that should have been made, no miscommunications. I like the accountability here. I also enjoy his calling out of certain players. Finally, Morris really seems to motivate while on the podium. You can bet Michael Clayton enjoyed those comments, Clayton has a big game in Buffalo.

Chucky4mayor

Starter

#23 : September 15, 2009, 09:55:05 AM

Look no further than Seymore for the Raiders last night. The guy made one practice but was a huge difference maker in that game

Seymour's team lost. So does that mean he was the difference between a Raider loss and a Raider win? ???

No, the point was that he was able to come in and make an immediate difference without having to "learn" the system.  PLAY FOOTBALL!!!

yeah it must be really hard to learn a new scheme for DE's...i mean give me a break.  that might be almost as hard as a field goal kicker picking up the new scheme.  a wide receiver vs. a DE picking up a new scheme is comparing apples to oranges.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#24 : September 15, 2009, 09:56:29 AM

When heckled about the "miscommunications" on defense, Morris stepped up and stated that it was a play that should have been made, no miscommunications. I like the accountability here.

What are you talking about?   He's basically blaming the players for not playing well.   He's taking no blame at all himself there.

Rahs Knuckles

Rookie

#25 : September 15, 2009, 09:58:53 AM

i dare you to write that, so i can wrap a few off your dome piece

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#26 : September 15, 2009, 10:05:42 AM

What are you talking about?   He's basically blaming the players for not playing well.   He's taking no blame at all himself there.

Did you watch the PC?

Don't answer that, I already know. Morris is straight forward and to the point, no games, it's quite refreshing.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#27 : September 15, 2009, 10:08:03 AM

I saw the press conference.  I've never seen any head coach kiss one player's butt as much as Morris kissed Clayton's in that presser.   Makes me wonder what's going on in the locker room.

lec05010

Second String

#28 : September 15, 2009, 10:14:41 AM

I think morris is doing a great job standing behind clayton, its true many athelete that play as physical as them get hurt often thats just the nature of the game, its looks like those offseason workouts with larry fitz may be paying off.

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#29 : September 15, 2009, 10:17:18 AM

I dare Rah to say he DIDN'T try to get him the ball more than anyone else....

It was Clayton all night, weither he caught it or not. Now, I'm not saying he didn't do well, but he did have many opportunities to make completions.

There are a few things Rah HAS been doing well. Starting Caddy was unseemingly a good choice. Picking up Ward/K2 was one of those "big-risk-possible-great gain" signings, and I applaud them/him for that. If there really WAS a problem with something in Jagz scheme or playcalling, I'm glad he didn't let it linger on all season, or MANY seasons as in some cases. And even I'll agree, (not by the point Rah is making) re-signing Clayton was a good thing. I wouldn't have thown that type of money at him, but he IS worth keeping as a strong-arm type WR. Doesn't hurt that he's also an ex-probowler, which usually means he "can or "could get back to that shape. At least he knows what it takes to get there. Having him out there at the second level is also a RB's wet dream, as he can pretty much knock out any CB/FS or SS. Basically, I'm not interested in his WR abilities, mostly his physical attributes he can bring in the run game.

AB is better though imo.  :P

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: MORRIS DARES CRITICS TO QUESTION BUCS' RE-SIGNING OF CLAYTON « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools