Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: MORRIS DARES CRITICS TO QUESTION BUCS' RE-SIGNING OF CLAYTON « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 15

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#30 : September 15, 2009, 10:21:55 AM

Look no further than Seymore for the Raiders last night. The guy made one practice but was a huge difference maker in that game

Seymour's team lost. So does that mean he was the difference between a Raider loss and a Raider win? ???

No, the point was that he was able to come in and make an immediate difference without having to "learn" the system.  PLAY FOOTBALL!!!

I have to admit I was wrong about Clayton if he can keep this up.

JoeyDaBuc

Second String

#31 : September 15, 2009, 10:23:05 AM

Perhaps Morris should spend his down time teaching #80 how to line up properly instead of chest thumpin' the media and fans !

Tampa would have had 1st and goal from the 6 on our first drive except Clayton had an illegal shift penalty that ended up being very costly.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#32 : September 15, 2009, 10:29:46 AM

Look no further than Seymore for the Raiders last night. The guy made one practice but was a huge difference maker in that game

Seymour's team lost. So does that mean he was the difference between a Raider loss and a Raider win? ???

No, the point was that he was able to come in and make an immediate difference without having to "learn" the system. PLAY FOOTBALL!!!

I have to admit I was wrong about Clayton if he can keep this up.
Oh yes.  I think many will be wrong about Clayton if that happens.

I will gladly eat crow if he can keep this up.  But like you said, he has to keep it up.  For instance, all the McCown supporters should be eating crow since that experiment is over.  Now if McCown comes in for Jacksonville and lights things up then they can gloat.

If McCown gets over 800 yards, I will admit I’m wrong about him, but if he turns in another 500 or less performance, especially with already 90 yards through the first week, then he wasn’t worth the deal we signed him 2.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#33 : September 15, 2009, 10:32:25 AM

The distribution of the football was pretty good from my view which was a stark departure from the past.  If that can continue I think all can thrive in this system.  Stroughter though needs to become the #3 WR as he is too good not to have on the field as much as possible.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#34 : September 15, 2009, 10:48:04 AM

Guys, most of you are missing the point - his audience is the locker room.

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#35 : September 15, 2009, 10:53:21 AM

Just a quick question.

Why does Morris have to sell the locker room on Clayton? The other players see him every day in practice. They know what he's capable of.

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#36 : September 15, 2009, 10:54:25 AM

Yeah, I enjoyed that Morris presser, too. Good stuff. The honesty (about the D/Sabby) and motivational words he used for Clayton was a nice touch. As Booker, said, he knew his audience and did what he could to get them pumped up for next week. He'll keep doing that throughout the week in various ways.

Only problem I have is his decision to keep Caddy in the game because Graham told him it was OK. Why did it take Graham saying that for him to keep a hot Caddy in? That should have been a no brainer. If Graham didn't like it, too bad.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#37 : September 15, 2009, 11:13:20 AM

Just a quick question.

Why does Morris have to sell the locker room on Clayton? The other players see him every day in practice. They know what he's capable of.

He's not selling the locker room on Michael Clayton. He's letting the locker room know that he's got his player's back.  Everybody on the Bucs knows that the Clayton's been hammered by the fans and the press, and he's sticking up for him.

king_frog

Hall of Famer
#38 : September 15, 2009, 12:23:00 PM

Just a quick question.

He's not selling the locker room on Michael Clayton. He's letting the locker room know that he's got his player's back. Everybody on the Bucs knows that the Clayton's been hammered by the fans and the press, and he's sticking up for him.
And I like it !!!

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#39 : September 15, 2009, 12:28:58 PM

i dont think its too hard to see what morris is doing.  he is instilling confidence in his players, same way with his quotes about freeman. 

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

ilovebeer

Starter

#40 : September 15, 2009, 02:31:39 PM

I saw the press conference.  I've never seen any head coach kiss one player's butt as much as Morris kissed Clayton's in that presser.   Makes me wonder what's going on in the locker room.

Has this new regime done anything right according to you? 

#41 : September 15, 2009, 02:54:45 PM

Don't poke Java... we'll just get more nonsense.

...wait....

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#42 : September 15, 2009, 03:13:46 PM

Booker..  Elbert Mack, Biggers, Cox?

Give me a break.  We have millions upon millions of dollars, and we decide to not re-sign Buchanon or go after somebody else.  heck even trade for Lito Sheppard...

Their excuse that only homer fans buy:  He wouldn't fid the defensive scheme.

Give me a break.  Don't tell me Elbert Mack does

IIRC, no corner wanted to come to Tampa in free agency to be the nickle corner. P-Buc look the same money in Detroit because he was offered a starting spot there, Bucs told him no more than the nickle corner.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#43 : September 15, 2009, 04:29:33 PM

buchanon wanted to remain with Tampa. 

Ironphist

Hall of Famer

#44 : September 15, 2009, 07:33:49 PM

meh, i'm good with the rah-rah stuff, you gotta have that - it's a long season... but don't shovel Raheem's "accountability" by stating it wasn't a mis-communication.  you want accountability?  how about, "i crappped the bed, i didn't have my players ready to play, i should not get paid this week"???  that's accountability.  you're never gonna see it.  i laugh my a$$ off when i hear "i take responsibility for that".  really?  what the frigg does that mean?  what are the consequences?  if there aren't any, then there is no "accountability".

he might as well have said, "my bad"...

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: MORRIS DARES CRITICS TO QUESTION BUCS' RE-SIGNING OF CLAYTON « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools