Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: sad « previous next »
Page: 1 2

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

sad
« #15 : September 14, 2009, 07:36:57 PM »

Professor Joseph Olson of   Hamline University School of Law,  St. Paul,  Minnesota, points out some interesting facts concerning last November’s Presidential election:

Number of States won by: Democrats: 19    Republicans: 29
Square miles of land won by: Democrats: 580,000    Republicans: 2,427,000
Population of counties won by: Democrats: 127 million    Republicans: 143 million
Murder rate per 100,000 residents in counties won by: Democrats: 13.2    Republicans: 2.1

Professor Olson adds: "In aggregate, the map of the territory Republicans won was mostly the land owned by the taxpaying citizens of the country.

Democrat territory mostly encompassed those citizens living in low income tenements and living off various forms of government welfare..."

Olson believes the United States is now somewhere between the "complacency and apathy" phase of Professor Tyler's definition of democracy, with some forty percent of the nation's population already having reached the "governmental dependency" phase.

If Congress grants amnesty and citizenship to twenty million criminal invaders called illegals and they vote, then we can say goodbye to the USA in fewer than five years.

Square miles of land won by: Democrats: 580,000    Republicans: 2,427,000

Did he happen to mention how many of those people living in tax paying area's are getting government subsidies and then charging America for the product that we pay subsidies for?

Number of States won by: Democrats: 19    Republicans: 29
What was the population of the states that were won?

I don't doubt some of his valid points but seriously...OBD

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
sad
« #16 : September 14, 2009, 07:40:29 PM »

I don't believe one has to be a taxpayer to vote - and I have often wondered if this is a good or bad situation

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Hate

Hall of Famer
sad
« #17 : September 14, 2009, 07:49:51 PM »

There is a reason i don't do politics!!

-------------------------------------------------------

lovethe bucs

Second String

sad
« #18 : September 15, 2009, 12:42:40 PM »

Agree, Hate
I hate politics just as much as lawyers.. ooh wait politicians are lawyers.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
sad
« #19 : September 15, 2009, 07:14:10 PM »

Why was Turbo not watching the game during the time he posted this thread? :o

commercial break.
Just get a beer during the commercial like most people.

Do you know what is REALLY SAD?

When there is only one beer left...........and it's an O'Douls

Ironphist

Hall of Famer

sad
« #20 : September 15, 2009, 06:29:34 PM »

i like the idea of having to pay taxes (any amount) in order to be able to vote.  why not let the people that have a vested interest in all of the gov't spending call the shots?  i'm sure there is downside, but i'd like to hear it.  might even keep those that can pay taxes but don't (thru various legal loopholes) from avoiding it while still benefiting from all that the tax pool provides in the way of services...  just a thought.

i have no problem telling someone that has never contributed to the pool of resources and habitually takes/benefits from said resources not having a voice in a general election...
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: sad « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools