Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Just the facts ma'am « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Hate

Hall of Famer
: September 15, 2009, 07:14:35 PM

He got 1 carry.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#1 : September 15, 2009, 05:28:11 PM

From KFFL

Guess we didn't do everything wrong-as some have commented.

Cowboys | Defense needs to tighten up
   Comment (0) Tweet me!
Tue, 15 Sep 2009 10:35:49 -0700

The Associated Press reports the Dallas Cowboys defense yielded 450 yards in Week 1, its most in the last 36 games. The defense also did not record a sack or force a turnover.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Capt_Chaos

Pro Bowler
#2 : September 15, 2009, 05:30:27 PM

I think most people are so cought up in the fact that we lost that they dont actually see how well we did. It was over all a great performance byan offense that alot of people ( most on here ) thought would fail hugely!!!!

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 15, 2009, 05:33:39 PM

You wont find many complaints about the offense other than a few stalled drives and Winslow's 4th down drop.

It is the defense that is the problem.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#4 : September 15, 2009, 05:44:09 PM

I thought that the offense had a shot of being rather potent...

Said so for a while.

The secondary, I have been leery of, and it proved true.  I was not sold on Sabby for more than I care to like...I think a lot fo you guy sloved you some Sabby for whatever odd reason you may have...but I think it had little to do with football...

DynaMike Glennon

Pro Bowler

#5 : September 15, 2009, 05:53:22 PM

Wow, thats pretty good! With the division the Cowboys are in they have'nt given up that many yards in over 2 years. That says alot about are offense.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#6 : September 15, 2009, 05:56:18 PM

Hope we can do it this weekend

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#7 : September 15, 2009, 09:12:49 PM

We must be reading two different boards.   I've seen a bunch of people who have done nothing but blame Leftwich and the offense for the loss.    Ignorant I know but it's been happening.    These are usually the same people who have no idea why a coach would stop running the ball when they go down by 3 scores and the clock is slowly ticking away.    They just don't understand the game.  

Abandoning the run when you are UP by one is stupid.  That was the one complaint that I had on Sunday.  Sure it is coming to the end of the half, but damnit, when our running game was as effective has it had been, Caddy had 77 yrds before the end of the 1st half, make them stop the run, don't go damn pass-wacky especially if you are up by one.

Does that change the outcome of the game?  doubt it, especially since the real issue was in the secondary and not on offense, but nothing frustrates me more when a team has a potent ground attack and gives up on it way too soon.  I saw my fill of it many times here watching the Broncos and their running attack.  Caddy and Ward's numbers on Sunday were instant offense.

yeah but I wasn't talking about this game.   Still you did have people on this board saying they gave up on the run at a time when we were down by two touchdowns.  The time you're talking about I agree.   We had a one point lead and just needed to run out the clock and get the ball first in the second half.    No reason to be passing there.   It was a lot like the Gruden days when he would try to trick them with 20 seconds of presnap motion.  You don't trick a lot of defenders with that garbage in the pros.    I was just saying in general these people are the ones who think the offense can never do anything right.   Those days might be behind us.   I certainly hope so.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#8 : September 15, 2009, 06:04:18 PM

When you score three touchdowns in less than five minutes, why not give our offense all the day in the world to try and score??

Just a thought!

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#9 : September 15, 2009, 06:21:18 PM

Wow, thats pretty good! With the division the Cowboys are in they have'nt given up that many yards in over 2 years. That says alot about are offense.

Are offense? �It's our.....oh what's the use. �You just are not very bright are you? �
I think people got the picture... Did you join this board to contribute, spell check, or troll? We already have a spell check and I'll be damn if you're just another troll...

BTW - Aren't you the "40yr old that got fired and moved back in with his parents over some inappropriate forwarded msg"...

exactly...

king_frog

Hall of Famer
#10 : September 15, 2009, 06:37:42 PM

I was very encouraged by the offense. It was fun to watch us go down field for a change. The running game was potent and watching The Caddy was exciting. Next week with the Bill's will be a tough one. They are coming off of a loss that never should have happened. They are going to be pissed. Without Faine it will be tough. But I'm still encouraged over last weeks out put.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#11 : September 15, 2009, 06:40:00 PM

You wont find many complaints about the offense other than a few stalled drives and Winslow's 4th down drop.

It is the defense that is the problem.

We must be reading two different boards.   I've seen a bunch of people who have done nothing but blame Leftwich and the offense for the loss.    Ignorant I know but it's been happening.    These are usually the same people who have no idea why a coach would stop running the ball when they go down by 3 scores and the clock is slowly ticking away.    They just don't understand the game.  

Hate

Hall of Famer
#12 : September 15, 2009, 06:53:11 PM

I think a lot of you guys loved you some Sabby for whatever odd reason you may have...but I think it had little to do with football...

Whatever are you inplying?

As for the "O", some of us felt it would be potent.... and i think it'll only get better. Shots down the field are a welcomed site for this Buc fan.

Loving what I saw from Clayton, now we just need our "all world" TE to show up.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#13 : September 15, 2009, 06:53:42 PM

The offense did play good.  It certainly gave me some hope for the rest of the season.

There is something that I think people are taking for granted though.  I think many people assume that Leftwich will be that good and that we will be able to run the ball that well every week now.

That may be the best offense performance of the year.  We don't know.  I'm just saying, it's not entirely out of question to see the Bucs win 13-10 against Buffalo...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#14 : September 15, 2009, 06:56:08 PM

I think a lot of you guys loved you some Sabby for whatever odd reason you may have...but I think it had little to do with football...

Whatever are you inplying?

;D

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Just the facts ma'am « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools