Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Just the facts ma'am « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#15 : September 15, 2009, 06:56:29 PM

I think a lot of you guys loved you some Sabby for whatever odd reason you may have...but I think it had little to do with football...

Whatever are you inplying?

As for the "O", some of us felt it would be potent.... and i think it'll only get better. Shots down the field are a welcomed site for this Buc fan.

Loving what I saw from Clayton, now we just need our "all world" TE to show up.

Don't be tight lipped...you know you loved what you saw from Caddy too!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#16 : September 15, 2009, 06:59:09 PM

K2 will show up.

If that same pass was thrown to him 100 times, I am willing to bet he grabs 98 of them.

Same with Bryant last year...how many were willing to jump ship on him after a rough start?

Not I.

And I am glad I decided to trust in Clayton again.  For whatever reason, I felt it was his time to shine again...

I rode him harder than Hate rides Carnell, but decided that he might have his purpose in this ZBS scheme, with a big armed QB.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#17 : September 15, 2009, 07:01:41 PM

For some reason I think K2 and Clayton will have more yards then AB this year.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#18 : September 15, 2009, 07:02:39 PM

Uh...knee injury possibly?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#19 : September 15, 2009, 07:05:53 PM

Loved? No. Surprised? Yes... he did well. He fits nicely in a time share role. Not really what one would expect from the 5th pick in the draft but we'll see how it goes.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#20 : September 15, 2009, 07:07:19 PM

K2 isnt exactly the healthy one either but I think he will end up with more yards.

Hell I think Caddy and Ward might end up with more. if we do alot of throws to the flat. Im still impressed with Ward after that incompletion turned 14 yard catch.

AB is still the man but outside of that big catch he had we really didn't see much.

Byron is going to get thrashed so much more now. Expect alot of Runs to the right with TBlood and Joseph leading the way.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#21 : September 15, 2009, 07:09:13 PM

Loved? No. Surprised? Yes... he did well. He fits nicely in a time share role. Not really what one would expect from the 5th pick in the draft but we'll see how it goes.

Anybody who come back after another knee injury (the death sentence to all RBs) and run over a fairly good defense in the Cowboys for close to a bill and a td gets an A+ in my book.

Caddy and Ward are going to be monsters this year if they stay healthy. Graham as much as I think hes a beast is the odd man out as he lacked any spark in his running unlike Caddy and Ward...but then again Graham got like 3 carries or something? If that...

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#22 : September 15, 2009, 07:35:21 PM

Am I the only one who thinks that T-Jax and Allen should be starting?

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#23 : September 15, 2009, 07:39:50 PM

Everyone thinks T-Jax should be starting, except Roger Goodell.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#24 : September 15, 2009, 07:47:30 PM

Everyone thinks T-Jax should be starting, except Roger Goodell.

Well, I meant when he gets back...

king_frog

Hall of Famer
#25 : September 15, 2009, 08:10:12 PM

K2 will show up.

If that same pass was thrown to him 100 times, I am willing to bet he grabs 98 of them.

Same with Bryant last year...how many were willing to jump ship on him after a rough start?

Not I.

And I am glad I decided to trust in Clayton again.  For whatever reason, I felt it was his time to shine again...

I rode him harder than Hate rides Carnell, but decided that he might have his purpose in this ZBS scheme, with a big armed QB.
Boid,
You did ride him hard.. Glad to see that your man enough to admit it and that your back on Clayton's wagon. I have stuck with him throughout. He is a neighbor of one of my buddies at work. He swears by him. Quality person all the way around. I do not think that he will let us down.

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#26 : September 15, 2009, 08:23:12 PM

If you look at the offensive stats, they are all pretty remarkable.  One nice plus; who is scared of 3rd and short?  That used to be a 5 wide scenario, not anymore. 

IF Richie can fix the ST, and IF the DB's can sort themselves out, and IF we find a pass rush......

#27 : September 15, 2009, 08:24:34 PM

We must be reading two different boards.   I've seen a bunch of people who have done nothing but blame Leftwich and the offense for the loss.    Ignorant I know but it's been happening.    These are usually the same people who have no idea why a coach would stop running the ball when they go down by 3 scores and the clock is slowly ticking away.    They just don't understand the game.  

Abandoning the run when you are UP by one is stupid.  That was the one complaint that I had on Sunday.  Sure it is coming to the end of the half, but damnit, when our running game was as effective has it had been, Caddy had 77 yrds before the end of the 1st half, make them stop the run, don't go damn pass-wacky especially if you are up by one.

Does that change the outcome of the game?  doubt it, especially since the real issue was in the secondary and not on offense, but nothing frustrates me more when a team has a potent ground attack and gives up on it way too soon.  I saw my fill of it many times here watching the Broncos and their running attack.  Caddy and Ward's numbers on Sunday were instant offense.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#28 : September 15, 2009, 08:35:43 PM

The lose of Faine scares me a lot. I think the pass protection was poor in the 4th...not expecting a winning season but I really really like the direction that Raheem is going here. Crossing my fingers and holding on tight until T-Jackson and Faine return

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#29 : September 15, 2009, 08:38:20 PM

K2 will show up.

Not I.

And I am glad I decided to trust in Clayton again. For whatever reason, I felt it was his time to shine again...

Boid,
You did ride him hard.. Glad to see that your man enough to admit it and that your back on Clayton's wagon. I have stuck with him throughout. He is a neighbor of one of my buddies at work. He swears by him. Quality person all the way around. I do not think that he will let us down.
I thought he had some qualities that could work in this system...but I also had a hunch he would come through this season...just a gut feeling.  Tell him I said I am sorry.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Just the facts ma'am « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools