Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who did you support in the last few draft years? and how did they turn out? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#15 : September 16, 2009, 11:16:48 AM

2004 � Roy Williams
2005 � Cadillac Williams
2006 � Marcus McNeill
2007 � Calvin Johnson
2008 � Jonathan Stewart
2009 � BJ Raji

As you might be able to see, I have had some disappointing draft days. I didn't particularly like the picks with Joseph (because McNeill was still on the board), Michael Clayton (No clue who he was), and Aqib Talib (No clue who he was either). Don't follow LSU or Kansas football very close.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#16 : September 16, 2009, 11:38:35 AM

DeSEAN JACKSON

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#17 : September 16, 2009, 11:44:45 AM

Brandon Marshall,Chris Johnson,Marcus McCauley,Victor Abarimi,Justin Tuckand A P.

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

Madman

Hall of Famer
#18 : September 16, 2009, 11:56:56 AM

2005:  Cadillac. Was happy to get him and still think he can be special. Did NOT want BMW.

2006:  Marcus McNeill. Joseph is a nice player but LT has more value. Still turned out well.

2007: Calvin Johnson like everyone else but liked the Gaines Adams pick at the time. Knew Patrick Willis was a stud but one of the best Bucs players is Ruud. Liked Adrian Peterson as well but Caddy was there. Missed on Joe Thomas.  Man that draft turned out terrible!!

2008: Very happy with Aqib Talib pick. Did NOT want Michael Jenkins or Mendenhall. Wanted Desean Jackson in Rd 2. Should've traded up to get him!!!!!

2009: Happy with Josh Johnson.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#19 : September 16, 2009, 11:59:29 AM

In 2004-2009 all of the guys I wanted will be inducted into the HoF. So get back to me then, and I'll name them for you.

LAbucsfan

Practice Squad

#20 : September 16, 2009, 12:39:01 PM

2004: Deangelo Hall, Jonathan Vilma, Lee Evans, or Tommie Harris.  I was SOOO pissed when we drafted MC.

2005: Braylon Edwards, Mike Williams or Caddy.  Even with all the injuries ill still take caddy over the other 2.

2006: Ernie sims was my pipe dream, but i wanted Antonio Cromartie so bad. Is anyone ever happy about drafting an O-Linemen? well i guess it worked out.

2007: Obviously Calvin Johnson, but Gaines as a consolation prize was fine with me.

2008: Desean Jackson, would of finally had our explosive offensive player that could make things happen on special teams too. damn.

2009: Brian Orakpo, Jeremy Maclin, or Percey Harvin.  I thought for sure we were drafting Maclin, untill they put the camera on Freeman on the phone.

If i was the GM we would be so much more explosive!!!!!!!!!!!!! but then again alot of the guys i wanted were all drafted before the bucs picks.  I cant remember if i have ever been totally satisfied on draft day. Sucks being just a fan.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#21 : September 16, 2009, 12:41:33 PM

I wanted all the real good players.  I am a genius!

big_JLB

Starter

#22 : September 16, 2009, 02:04:22 PM

2004 - jonathan vilma/steven jackson. i was RATTLED the jets took vilma 2 picks ahead of us, but it was all jackson after he was off the board
2005 - cadillac/derrick johnson. everyone knew caddy was going to the pick. admittedly, i fell into the hype. derrick johnson was a beast and vilma stung from the year before lol
2006 - kiwanuka/cromartie. i was hoping cromartie would fall so bad, i thought one of the DE's (hali or kiwinuka) would be there. davin wasn't such a bad pick though...
2007 - CALVIN JOHNSON. there was a chance he would make it, detroit doesnt need another WR, right? was actually pleased with gaines though, it was about time they drafted D
2008 - mike jenkins/j-stew. stewart was a truck, and caddy was one giant question mark
2009 - vontae davis - when they said he was one of the three they were considering when they traded up i nearly broke my remote

conrad77

Pro Bowler

#23 : September 16, 2009, 02:09:37 PM

I wanted all the real good players. I am a genius!

Some of these picks were gimme's that they'd be good.  Hell, pull up our past posts and let's see who everyone wanted...this should be fun...

Yeah, I remember a lot of people who liked the idea of drafting WR Mike Williams (myself included).  It would be interesting to see who might have developed an insightful case of hindsight!

[Add witty one liner here]

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#24 : September 16, 2009, 02:12:29 PM

Josh Johnson- at least he's on the team
Ray Rice- about to light things up in Baltimore
Brian Leonard- man is a machine but went from one bad team to another. i just want to see the leonard leap again.
Posluszny- great player, fragile arm
Danny Woodhead- Jets are ruining his career by keeping him on the team

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#25 : September 16, 2009, 02:46:53 PM

2005 - I followed Carnell from Auburn to the NFL, whole reason I'm with the Bucs now =]
2006 - Wanted Jay Culter all year, but by the time we were picking, Nick Mangold was the guy I hoped we'd grab. Davin has grown on me tremendously.
2007 - Wanted Calvin or Joe Thomas.. meh... By the time the pick came around wanted Okoye or Quinn or trade down. Still upset with Adams
2008 - Prayed and prayed for Matt Ryan, some magical trade... when that failed, Avery and Royal looked good, but was comfortable with Talib.
2009 - Raji... no cigar. Percy? Nah we grab Freeman... still not sold on him, hoping for results.

Does anyone else notice throughout this decade we haven't been in position to pick a great 1st round QB? Gambled with Freeman, let's hope he's the man.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#26 : September 16, 2009, 03:02:43 PM

Does anyone else notice throughout this decade we haven't been in position to pick a great 1st round QB? Gambled with Freeman, let's hope he's the man.

Aaron Rodgers?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#27 : September 16, 2009, 03:13:24 PM

we could of had him and I did like him at the time even though the Tedford curse kind of scared me.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer

#28 : September 16, 2009, 03:27:34 PM

this was a very interesting thread.  good job me.

Trojan52

Hall of Famer

#29 : September 16, 2009, 03:31:40 PM

For me it was AP instead of gaines adams.

The next year i wanted Chris Johnson instead of talib.

And this last year, josh freeman was the right move.

Could you imagine if i was the GM of the bucs?  we would have by far the best rushing attack in the league.  the 2 most explosive backs in the league on one team would be awesome.

who did you support drafting the last few years?  and how did they turn out?
That would all be awesome if we drafted for BPA and not by team need.

Dexter Jackson and lot of bad picks would have been avoided if we drafted the best players and picked up free agents to fill needs.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who did you support in the last few draft years? and how did they turn out? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools