Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WTF is going on here? « previous next »
Page: 1

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

: September 16, 2009, 10:03:32 AM

So I may be ignorant as to the specifics of the substance allegedly abused by the two players from the vikings and from the two DE's on the Saints, but it seems strange how T. Jackson was suspended for four games, while the two vikings and two saints are allowed to play out the season. Maybe I am way off but it seems kinda unfair.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 16, 2009, 10:11:39 AM

A couple of quick things:

- All the players involved took a diuretic that was mislabeled. Nothing on the label itself indicated that a banned substance was included in the stuff, and the NFL apparently had approved it.

- However, the NFL still would have suspended them, because the rule (I believe) says that what is in your body is what matters regardless of how it got there.

- The problem is that a Minnesota state law (I don't know the specifics) prevented the NFL from suspending the two Minnesota players.  I believe the NFL is asking federal courts to overturn that result (on what grounds I do not know).

- To avoid punishing only the Saints players while the Minnesota players get no punishment for exactly the same offence (they all took the same stuff), the NFL is putting any suspension on hold until the legal process is over.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 16, 2009, 09:02:48 PM

basically if you appeal you can play...T. Jackson should have appealed

brb

Practice Squad

#3 : September 16, 2009, 09:40:31 PM

basically if you appeal you can play...T. Jackson should have appealed

Wrong.

The reason that the NFL could not suspend the Williams Wall in Minnesota is because a state law prevents them from doing so. (it has something to do with the law preventing the plaintiff's employer from working etc...)

To add to what Booker Reese said, the reason that the defensive ends in New Orleans havent been suspended, is because they took the same diuretic. The NFL made a really dumb move by doing this. They basically said if they couldnt suspend them all, they wont suspend any. (until they can)

T Jax, DID NOT take this diuretic. As far as I know, we werent even told what substance it was for, but rumors have said that it may be marijuana.

Appealing your suspension has nothing to do with getting it overturned (unless its unfair in the case of the diuretic)

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
#4 : September 16, 2009, 10:11:40 PM

It would have just delayed it (the suspension). Reading between the lines of Tanard's comments along with the team's, his suspension is drug or alcohol related vice "performance enhancing." The basis of the StarCaps suspendees' is, I think, rooted in the NFL's unfair execution of the PED rule. Tanard doesn't have a leg to stand on and he knew it.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WTF is going on here? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools