Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will anyone get satisfaction by seeing Monte get lit up by Florida? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

: September 16, 2009, 01:16:54 PM

I have to admit I might have a small smirk on my face. Believe me, I'm grateful for all that Monte did and accomplished while he was with the Bucs. He certainly was responsible for much of the success and a Super Bowl trophy. But the way he basically mailed in the last four games of last season helping the defense to get shredded still upsets me to some degree.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 16, 2009, 01:18:43 PM

I have to agree, I won't enjoy seeing him fail, because he holds a special place in this buc fan's heart, but I hold a bit of a grudge against him from last season...

so the answer is yes, I think...

MBF

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 16, 2009, 01:22:02 PM

Yes I will.

JTHV83

Second String

#3 : September 16, 2009, 01:24:43 PM

As a Seminole, I hate the Florida Gators. But as a Tampa, Florida native, I love to see a meaningful Gators vs 'Noles game each November (haven't this decade) so I usualy pull for the Gators to win.

I'm not doing so this weekend. I want Monte Kiffin to show the entire nation that a properly ran Tampa 2 doesn't just stop at dismantling the "Greatest Show on Turf" or Micheal Vick, but continues on with the concept that Urban Meyer's "Spread Offense" could be a legitamite NFL philosophy or develope NFL-ready talent.

If this happens (especially regularly), I guarantee that the "Blue Chip" offensive prospects with their eyes on the Pros will start to pass on playing for Urban and his Pee-Wee football philosophy.

War Alex Smith... the QB.

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

playitagain

Rookie

#4 : September 16, 2009, 01:27:56 PM

Are you sure he will get lit up?  He's shut down better QB's than Tim Tebow before and Tenn has some great athletes on the Defensive side of the ball. 

It's the great Florida's defense that will likely get 3 scores off of the awful Tenn offense and Crompton.

Lord Bortles

Hall of Famer

#5 : September 16, 2009, 01:29:24 PM

I can't blame Monte, I don't have a son (Thank God... only 19 lol), but coaching a prestigious college with my dad would be amazing.

RD 1) QB B. Bortles/ T. Bridgewater/ J. Manziel
RD 2) WR Kelvin Benjamin/ A. Robinson/ D. Adams/ M. Lee/
RD 3) OG D. Dozier/ C. Richardson/
RD 5) WR D. Archer/ J. Huff/ M. Davis/ TJ Jones/ R Grant
RD 6) OLB P Shembo/ R. Powell/ - DE A. Lynch/ M Sam  RD 7) G B. Thomas (injured)

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 16, 2009, 01:31:02 PM

I can't blame Monte, I don't have a son (Thank God... only 19 lol), but coaching a prestigious college with my dad would be amazing.

I'm fairly certain Kiff was gone this year even if he didn't go coach with his son.

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 16, 2009, 01:31:34 PM

Not me. I'm grateful for the job he did here.

As to the CFB angle I have no dog in that fight.

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#8 : September 16, 2009, 01:32:55 PM

Yes - I would.  His actions or lack of actions upon the buccaneers cost them dearly. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#9 : September 16, 2009, 01:40:21 PM

So am I, shadow, believe me. And I understand it was Lane's big mouth that broke the news of Monte leaving. Still, to do Tennessee coaching business on Bucs' time which led to a defensive collapse still chaps me a bit. Better believe Urban Meyer and the rest of the team have a little something in store for Lane's continued comments in the off-season. We know the defensive philosophy is sound, but it's first year in a new place with athletes that may not be best suited for it. If Florida has a chance to run it up, they will.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#10 : September 16, 2009, 01:48:20 PM

I will never forgive him for keeping us out of the playoffs.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 16, 2009, 01:50:39 PM

What's done is done. I prefer to look at the whole body of work while Monte was here. He helped make us the best. That's just how I'm going to remember him.

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#12 : September 16, 2009, 01:50:54 PM

I have to admit I might have a small smirk on my face. Believe me, I'm grateful for all that Monte did and accomplished while he was with the Bucs. He certainly was responsible for much of the success and a Super Bowl trophy. But the way he basically mailed in the last four games of last season helping the defense to get shredded still upsets me to some degree.

Once he's out he's the enemy!

I have tix for that game and I'm really hoping UF hangs half a hundred on them.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#13 : September 16, 2009, 01:51:32 PM

I hope he beats Florida's azz.  Won't happen, but it's nice to dream...

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#14 : September 16, 2009, 01:55:08 PM

his legacy as a bucs coordinator is cemented; i have no problem hoping that his legacy in tennessee doesn't get off the ground.  on top of the obvious diappointment of 2008, i just can't stand his son's face, to be honest....i don't know why, it's just one of those things.  

it's like a breakup.  some exes, things end smoothly and you wish them the best.  but if some chick abruptly moved out to go move in with another dude and stuck you with 4 months' rent that was supposed to be shared and unepectedly left you holding the bag for a bunch of stuff that ultimately cost you your job or ran you broke in the course of trying to deal with it, well....you might want them to feel like they made a big mistake, and you would certainly want to feel like you were in a better place than she is when the dust settles.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will anyone get satisfaction by seeing Monte get lit up by Florida? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools