Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will anyone get satisfaction by seeing Monte get lit up by Florida? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#15 : September 16, 2009, 01:57:35 PM

his legacy as a bucs coordinator is cemented; i have no problem hoping that his legacy in tennessee doesn't get off the ground.  on top of the obvious diappointment of 2008, i just can't stand his son's face, to be honest....i don't know why, it's just one of those things.  

it's like a breakup.  some exes, things end smoothly and you wish them the best.  but if some chick abruptly moved out to go move in with another dude and stuck you with 4 months' rent that was supposed to be shared and unepectedly left you holding the bag for a bunch of stuff that ultimately cost you your job or ran you broke in the course of trying to deal with it, well....you might want them to feel like they made a big mistake, and you would certainly want to feel like you were in a better place than she is when the dust settles.

Well that should settle that!

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#16 : September 16, 2009, 01:58:27 PM

nope not really

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#17 : September 16, 2009, 02:11:52 PM

I like FL but it wouldnt upset me to see Monte expose that FL offense.

original

Pro Bowler

#18 : September 16, 2009, 02:20:47 PM

I have no problem with Monte and would have joined my son if I was in his position.  As much as everyone wants to blame him, he was only a coach.  There were eleven professional football players who didn't have enough pride to play to thier ability in those last games.  People seem to want to give them a pass, and that doesn't seem right.  Sure, the news sucked but they should have handled themselves as pros.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#19 : September 16, 2009, 02:29:48 PM

i think the whole monte quit on the Bucs is a load of poo.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#20 : September 16, 2009, 02:40:41 PM

I have no problem with Monte and would have joined my son if I was in his position.  As much as everyone wants to blame him, he was only a coach.  There were eleven professional football players who didn't have enough pride to play to thier ability in those last games.  People seem to want to give them a pass, and that doesn't seem right.  Sure, the news sucked but they should have handled themselves as pros.

No matter how good the player is, he still needs direction.

In a game, no individual player, can determine what changes need to be made than other by himself.

That's why they have coordinators. To coordinate I believe means to form a common action or to act together. How can players do this on their own? Fact is, they can't.

You gotta be kiddin me that Kiffin was not responsible!

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#21 : September 16, 2009, 02:46:27 PM

Monte is the man in my mind but his son is a jackarse. I lost money on Tenn last week thinking there's no way a Kiffin D is going to let a freshman QB come into Knoxville and win.

Tenn's D looked alright, nothing great, and they have one of the worst QB's in the country. He is a retard with the football, the Gators are going to beat the living crap oout of them this weekend. All of Monte's magic will mean little vs that offense.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#22 : September 16, 2009, 02:47:29 PM

I'll get a little smirk over Monte getting lit up. I will be uber-ecstatic over bratty little Lane and his big mouth getting lit up.

Monte, I love ya but your son is a major feminine hygiene product.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#23 : September 16, 2009, 02:50:23 PM

If Gruden felt that that was what was happening to his team then he should have released Kiffin and made Morris DC for the rest of the season.  It's on Gruden, the Head Coach, in my view.
I have no problem with Monte and would have joined my son if I was in his position. As much as everyone wants to blame him, he was only a coach. There were eleven professional football players who didn't have enough pride to play to thier ability in those last games. People seem to want to give them a pass, and that doesn't seem right. Sure, the news sucked but they should have handled themselves as pros.

No matter how good the player is, he still needs direction.

In a game, no individual player, can determine what changes need to be made than other by himself.

That's why they have coordinators. To coordinate I believe means to form a common action or to act together. How can players do this on their own? Fact is, they can't.

You gotta be kiddin me that Kiffin was not responsible!
If Gruden felt that that was what was happening to his team then he should have released Kiffin and made Morris the  DC for the rest of the season.  It's on Gruden, the Head Coach, in my view.  He was the captain of the ship.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#24 : September 16, 2009, 02:55:30 PM

I'll get a little smirk over Monte getting lit up. I will be uber-ecstatic over bratty little Lane and his big mouth getting lit up.

that might all be true but he has a better job than any of us and at the end of the day this is who he lies down next to:

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#25 : September 16, 2009, 03:01:23 PM

Are you sure he will get lit up?  He's shut down better QB's than Tim Tebow before and Tenn has some great athletes on the Defensive side of the ball.  

Still college athletes, not ProBow CBs, HOF LBs, and UT doesn't have a Sapp or Rice. And he hasn't had much time to install that D either, let alone recruit the players that fit it.

It's the great Florida's defense that will likely get 3 scores off of the awful Tenn offense and Crompton.

QFT

UF's D is VERY good and Compton is REALLY bad.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#26 : September 16, 2009, 03:03:03 PM

that might all be true but he has a better job than any of us and at the end of the day this is who he lies down next to:

LIFE ISN'T FAIR!

BucNGator

Starter

#27 : September 16, 2009, 03:05:49 PM

Even she thinks he is a dumbarse.....

As for Monte....... I hope Tebow hangs 100 on 'em.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#28 : September 16, 2009, 03:24:32 PM

Lane's wife is a Gator by the way.

Also, this is not the first time UF will have faced the Cover 2/Tampa 2 style defense. It's fairly common these days.  So Monte won't be exposing anything.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#29 : September 16, 2009, 03:57:50 PM

Also, this is not the first time UF will have faced the Cover 2/Tampa 2 style defense. It's fairly common these days.  So Monte won't be exposing anything.

True. USC uses it a lot. LSU and SC both use it. I think Ole Miss was running it. Most teams run it a little, some a lot. Who in the Big 12 doesn't use it? It is the answer to the Bradfords and McCoys in a pass happy conference.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will anyone get satisfaction by seeing Monte get lit up by Florida? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools