Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will anyone get satisfaction by seeing Monte get lit up by Florida? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#30 : September 16, 2009, 04:01:38 PM

The more I think about this the more I expect Florida to pull out every play in the book. I expect fake punts, fake field goals and onside kicks if they are up by a comfortable margin. Would not shock me at all to see the Gators try to beat last week's total in the 60s. This is gonna get ugly.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#31 : September 16, 2009, 04:17:02 PM

I'll get a little smirk over Monte getting lit up. I will be uber-ecstatic over bratty little Lane and his big mouth getting lit up.

Monte, I love ya but your son is a major feminine hygiene product.
that might all be true but he has a better job than any of us and at the end of the day this is who he lies down next to:

pfft, you don't know me.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#32 : September 16, 2009, 04:23:48 PM

Kiff's going to get schooled, but do I WANT to see that? not really.  :-

He's a good guy... Former Buc... I won't hope he does badly just because of 4 bad games out of the several dozen he's coached for us.

Imo, he should be getting more respect for what he did than Dungy or Gruden.

playitagain

Rookie

#33 : September 16, 2009, 04:24:44 PM

Are you sure he will get lit up?  He's shut down better QB's than Tim Tebow before and Tenn has some great athletes on the Defensive side of the ball.  

Still college athletes, not ProBow CBs, HOF LBs, and UT doesn't have a Sapp or Rice. And he hasn't had much time to install that D either, let alone recruit the players that fit it.

But the opponent is also a roster of college athletes.  Will anyone from Florida's offense make an impact on Sundays?  Doubtful.  He was able to shutdown the Greatest Show On Turf.  Why can't he at least make Tebow and the Gators one dimensional?  Other teams in college have.  I honestly expect this game to have very little offense.  College Football is usually unpredictable though.  Which makes it so much greater than the NFL product.  

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#34 : September 16, 2009, 04:30:39 PM

As a Seminole, I hate the Florida Gators. But as a Tampa, Florida native, I love to see a meaningful Gators vs 'Noles game each November (haven't this decade) so I usualy pull for the Gators to win.

I'm not doing so this weekend. I want Monte Kiffin to show the entire nation that a properly ran Tampa 2 doesn't just stop at dismantling the "Greatest Show on Turf" or Micheal Vick, but continues on with the concept that Urban Meyer's "Spread Offense" could be a legitamite NFL philosophy or develope NFL-ready talent.

If this happens (especially regularly), I guarantee that the "Blue Chip" offensive prospects with their eyes on the Pros will start to pass on playing for Urban and his Pee-Wee football philosophy.

War Alex Smith... the QB.
Did you notice two of UF's rookie "Pee-Wee football" receivers scored touchdowns in the NFL on Sunday?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#35 : September 16, 2009, 04:56:07 PM

Are you sure he will get lit up? �He's shut down better QB's than Tim Tebow before and Tenn has some great athletes on the Defensive side of the ball. �

Still college athletes, not ProBow CBs, HOF LBs, and UT doesn't have a Sapp or Rice. And he hasn't had much time to install that D either, let alone recruit the players that fit it.

But the opponent is also a roster of college athletes.

Yes, but older athletes that have pretty much played together under the same O for a couple years. Keep in mind there are rules restricting the hours of practice, meetings, etc. in college. No OTAs, minicamps, or month long TCs to install a new D like in the pros.

And when there is a lessening of talent on both sides of the ball it tends to lead to more offense.

�Will anyone from Florida's offense make an impact on Sundays?

Yes, I think the TE Hernadez will, at least one of the RBs will, and I think the twins on the OL will.

He was able to shutdown the Greatest Show On Turf. �Why can't he at least make Tebow and the Gators one dimensional? �Other teams in college have.

The only team to slow down Florida was Ole Miss. And again, Monte shut down the Rams with a HOF LB, a HOF DT (I think Sapp earned it), and ProBowl CBs and safeties. And Monte had years to get that team to that point. You are comparing one of the best NFL defenses in history to an average at best and very young college team.

�I honestly expect this game to have very little offense. �College Football is usually unpredictable though. �Which makes it so much greater than the NFL product. �

I expect fireworks. It's a college rivalry so crazy stuff will happen.

ilovebeer

Starter

#36 : September 16, 2009, 05:50:08 PM

I would rather see Monte come out and call a gem on defense.  And I could care less about UF/UT

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#37 : September 16, 2009, 06:33:07 PM

If I could watch Urban Meyer and his offense get pummeled every day it'd bring a smile to my face and all the more with Tebow at the helm. I hope Monte can this year and will for a long time smack him back into the stone ages.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#38 : September 16, 2009, 07:28:45 PM

If I could watch Urban Meyer and his offense get pummeled every day it'd bring a smile to my face and all the more with Tebow at the helm. I hope Monte can this year and will for a long time smack him back into the stone ages.

dont hold your breath.  why the hate for tebow?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

LFO

Hall of Famer

#39 : September 16, 2009, 07:54:40 PM

Are you sure he will get lit up?  He's shut down better QB's than Tim Tebow before and Tenn has some great athletes on the Defensive side of the ball.  

But the opponent is also a roster of college athletes.  Will anyone from Florida's offense make an impact on Sundays?  Doubtful.  He was able to shutdown the Greatest Show On Turf.  Why can't he at least make Tebow and the Gators one dimensional?  Other teams in college have.  I honestly expect this game to have very little offense.  College Football is usually unpredictable though.  Which makes it so much greater than the NFL product.  

I think come Saturday you are going to be thoroughly disappointed if you expect any of that to come true. 

And as someone else mentioned, there will be several players who will make an NFL impact on that team. 

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer

#40 : September 16, 2009, 08:26:46 PM

Poor ole Tenn.   Monte's okay but I want to see his son's QB eat gator bait.   Down with Tenn.  Should be a great game.  Florida is favored by 50 points or something llike that.

playitagain

Rookie

#41 : September 16, 2009, 08:31:52 PM

Are you sure he will get lit up? �He's shut down better QB's than Tim Tebow before and Tenn has some great athletes on the Defensive side of the ball. �

But the opponent is also a roster of college athletes. �Will anyone from Florida's offense make an impact on Sundays? �Doubtful. �He was able to shutdown the Greatest Show On Turf. �Why can't he at least make Tebow and the Gators one dimensional? �Other teams in college have. �I honestly expect this game to have very little offense. �College Football is usually unpredictable though. �Which makes it so much greater than the NFL product. �

I think come Saturday you are going to be thoroughly disappointed if you expect any of that to come true.

No, I really don't care one bit about the outcome.  I just think Florida's offense won't do much against the Tenn Defense and I believe Monte will have something to do with that.  I sill think Florida will win, their defense is just too good and the Tenn offense is pretty pathetic.   

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#42 : September 16, 2009, 08:33:48 PM

I wonder if all you Monte haters would feel the same way about him if he had become UF's DC.  Doubtful.

mrtks

Pro Bowler

#43 : September 16, 2009, 08:36:56 PM

Percy Harvin has done nothing in the NFL? I don't want to see Monte run over but I sure as hell want to see Lane Kiffen slapped silly. He shot of his mouth and will have a bullseye on his back. Anyone remember what happened to Georgia last year after their over the top celebration the year before?

playitagain

Rookie

#44 : September 16, 2009, 08:44:35 PM

Percy Harvin has done nothing in the NFL? I don't want to see Monte run over but I sure as hell want to see Lane Kiffen slapped silly. He shot of his mouth and will have a bullseye on his back. Anyone remember what happened to Georgia last year after their over the top celebration the year before?

Lane knows what he's doing.  He's just trying to bring attention to Tenn football to attract top recruits.  It seems to be working.  You have to have some sort of competitive advantage to compete with Meyer, Saban, Richt, Petrino, Nutt, Miles and now even Gene Chizik. 
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will anyone get satisfaction by seeing Monte get lit up by Florida? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools