Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will anyone get satisfaction by seeing Monte get lit up by Florida? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#90 : September 18, 2009, 12:37:17 PM

What I don't think some people in this thread understand is that there's no "shutting down" Florida's offense. In the NFL, sure. In college, it's not happening. Not because the scheme itself is unstoppable, but because of the players running it. There are simply too many weapons with too much speed. Certain teams have been able to contain it over the years, such as Oklahoma and Ole Miss(though the Gators had a few injuries on the o-line in the Ole Miss game), but no one's shutting down Tebow, Demps, Rainey, Hernandez, and Cooper.

Tennessee has a great defense and might actually be one of those teams that can contain Florida, but can they last a full game when their offense is likely going 3 and out and turning the ball over left and right? We'll see. I expect it to be somewhat competitive early on, but I can't see Tennessee's defense containing Florida for a full game unless Tenn's offense can somehow stay on the field long enough to give them some rest. Also, turnovers that give Florida good field position or are returned for TDs CANNOT happen.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#91 : September 18, 2009, 01:39:51 PM

Ole Miss didn't shut UF down. UF still scored 30 and a missed XP from 31 and tie. UF fumbled 5 times, that's what slowed them down.

Oklahoma did a good job though, about the only team last year.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#92 : September 18, 2009, 01:55:33 PM

"I have spent a lot of time at the office this week."

I wish Monte would have had that same type of attitude and dedication the last 4 games of last season when he worked for the Bucs.

Hit-55

Starter

#93 : September 18, 2009, 04:44:26 PM

Not sure it will be excited to see Monte lit up but will love seeing Lane looking for a place to hide. No problem with being confident but he is TOO **CENSORED**y and runs his mouth way too much. I hope Florida hangs 70 on him.

Fire the cannons!!!

Stratobuc

Starter
#94 : September 18, 2009, 05:12:08 PM

No, but I just wish he would have waited till after the season to take that new job.

Its history now - doesn't really matter.

JTHV83

Second String

#95 : September 18, 2009, 05:21:11 PM

The Puoncey twins? Wow! You're reaching for O-Lineman now? Hahaha... Are they gonna be anything like the W twins in Walker and Wunsch?
If we're lucky they'll be as good as Alex Barron.

Tra Thomas perhaps...

Hahaha... did you feel like ya got pwned here and had to result to throwing FSU's busts around?

Still waiting for you to throw out a legit NFL offensive player whom Urban Meyer has produced.

You can't can ya?

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

JTHV83

Second String

#96 : September 18, 2009, 05:24:26 PM

Just lemme know that you're not one of the MANY fools who believe in the

concept that Urban Meyer's "Spread Offense" could be a legitamite NFL philosophy or develope NFL-ready talent.

His spread offense is already a part of the NFL. The spread is and will continue to be a major part of the NFL. Urban steals from Belichick and Belichick steals from Urban. They are great friends who share their philosophies and use each other. When Leak was QB at UF, Urban ran the majority of the offense under center, with very little option...shocking I know! Great coaches adapt to personnel and the opponent. You'll see much more of this strategy again next year when Brantley takes over at UF.

No one has ever stated (to my knowledge) that an NFL team or coach could implement a pure option offense and have success in the NFL. But as the Dolphins (and others now) have shown with the so-called "wildcat" and as the Patriots have shown the last few years with their shotgun Spread offense, the spread and even a little of the option CAN work in the NFL.

SO what are you waiting for again? Who is the fool who is arguing against something that already exists (and successfully) in the NFL?

Good try, but no. Tom Brady in the 4-5 WR Shotgun is NOWHERE near Urban Meyer's weenie ball.

Sorry.

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

bucmoon

Second String
#97 : September 18, 2009, 05:47:49 PM

I like Monte but no way i could pull for Lane Kiffin who has done nothing but ride Dad's Coat tails and actully made Al Davis appear sane for the first time in a decade ....Another thing i will never understand is the hate for Tebow , he spends alot of time doing Charity work and of course the Missionary trips as well - I guess if he was drinking, drugging and acting like a idiot he would be more liked outside of the UF fans .

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#98 : September 18, 2009, 05:52:49 PM

The Puoncey twins? Wow! You're reaching for O-Lineman now? Hahaha... Are they gonna be anything like the W twins in Walker and Wunsch?
If we're lucky they'll be as good as Alex Barron.

Tra Thomas perhaps...

Hahaha... did you feel like ya got pwned here and had to result to throwing FSU's busts around?

Still waiting for you to throw out a legit NFL offensive player whom Urban Meyer has produced.

You can't can ya?
How old is Tra Thomas now? LOL

As I already said TWICE he spent 4 years at 2 schools that don't get NFL talent as a rule of thumb no matter who the coach is. However, in his 2 years at Utah he coached Chris Kemoeatu, who started every game at guard for the Steelers last year. Now he has been at UF, which gets NFL talent, for 4 years. He has had two recruiting classes become eligible for the NFL draft. His first one he had to round up in a month on the job. He found Louis Murphy, who caught a touchdown pass in his first game for the Raiders. In his second class, which was only 3 years ago, he got Percy Harvin, who also caught a touchdown pass in the NFL last weekend. Carl Johnson, who has started at both left tackle and left guard, is still in school but figures to be a respectable pick. And then there is Tim Tebow. What more do you want?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#99 : September 18, 2009, 10:35:27 PM

Just lemme know that you're not one of the MANY fools who believe in the

concept that Urban Meyer's "Spread Offense" could be a legitamite NFL philosophy or develope NFL-ready talent.

His spread offense is already a part of the NFL. The spread is and will continue to be a major part of the NFL. Urban steals from Belichick and Belichick steals from Urban. They are great friends who share their philosophies and use each other. When Leak was QB at UF, Urban ran the majority of the offense under center, with very little option...shocking I know! Great coaches adapt to personnel and the opponent. You'll see much more of this strategy again next year when Brantley takes over at UF.

No one has ever stated (to my knowledge) that an NFL team or coach could implement a pure option offense and have success in the NFL. But as the Dolphins (and others now) have shown with the so-called "wildcat" and as the Patriots have shown the last few years with their shotgun Spread offense, the spread and even a little of the option CAN work in the NFL.

SO what are you waiting for again? Who is the fool who is arguing against something that already exists (and successfully) in the NFL?

Good try, but no. Tom Brady in the 4-5 WR Shotgun is NOWHERE near Urban Meyer's weenie ball.

Sorry.

They are much more similar than you think.  The only difference is Urban with Tebow will run more QB draws/runs and a few options.  But outside of that, they are similar in spread the field, get play makers in space, and let them make plays.....not to mention almost exclusively from the shotgun. 

No offense is exactly similar....even Urban's was different from Leak to Tebow.  Great coaches adapt to personnel.  Belichick's offense is different from Bledsoe to Brady.  When Brady is gone it will be different to the next guy. 

Just admit, you have no idea what you are talking about, just a a Gator hater and we can all move on. 

LFO

Hall of Famer

#100 : September 18, 2009, 10:43:47 PM

Interesting tidbit from GC, about the Gator offense...

Florida, it turns out, has had more wide receivers drafted than any team in college football since Meyer became head coach back in 2005 --- more than Southern Cal, where Kiffin coached until 2006, and Tennessee, where he coaches now, combined.

Imagine that.....

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#101 : September 19, 2009, 12:15:38 AM

What is up with Miami fans and going into **CENSORED**bag-taunting mode as soona as they win a couple games? It happens every year, they show signs of maybe being relevant again and their fans go around talking smack like the Canes have won several titles in a row like they used to.

Miami will fall apart and lose to bad teams just like they've done for most of the decade. But by all means, continue to run you mouth, because the more you do the funnier it is when they fail again.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#102 : September 19, 2009, 12:35:29 AM

I won't Kiffin carried this team while Gruden rode his coat tails... plus I don't really care for Urban Meyer.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#103 : September 20, 2009, 11:26:49 AM

Well Monte certainly didn't get lit up. He actually did a hella job containing Florida. But the problem he often had here, he also has at UT, stopping power running games. If you can run it down his Ds throat, you can beat it.

Ironic that at both Tampa and UT, Monte still doesn't have a down field offense to compliment his D. Watching UTs O, I started having Gruden flashbacks (dink, dink, dunk, FG)

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#104 : September 20, 2009, 05:47:13 PM

I'm glad the Gators won.. Way to go Gators on there way to there 3rd title in 4 years....

Go Gators!

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will anyone get satisfaction by seeing Monte get lit up by Florida? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools