Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: im in a few leagues, check out 3 of my teams. what do u think? « previous next »
Page: 1

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
: September 14, 2009, 01:27:57 AM

First team: running backs are horrible...you don't have a number one running back by anybody's standards...yeah you may get some production of JJ but his line is shoddy and he would barely be a flex position starter on any of my teams.  What is Edge gonna change the pace to...slow? I like Felix and Washington a lot but niether are starters on their own team, perfect for the flex.  Lendale White...really as your number two?  He might score some touchdowns or not but he's not gonna get the bulk of the carries.  He might go off a week here or there but his consistency will be nil and there will be some weeks that he will get beat by your kicker...Caddy and Mendenhall...bleh

What is the Roy Williams man-love fest...he has always been inconsistent, injury-prone and did absolutely nothing last year...you could have picked a better pony to ride

Oh and why so many defenses?  Can you start more than one...if not, what a waste to have three D's unless you plan on using them in a trade...that is the only possible thing I could think of. 

Other than that there is a lot I like on all three teams...WR on the first two except for Roy are studs...

Better hope willie parker gets hurt so mendenhall gets the workload...oh wait...you have parker on both your other teams..."scratches head" huh?!?

hmm, turns out jj and caddy showed up big, and leon did good.  shows how much u know.  o and roy williams also......... hmm..  i think i know something u dont know........

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#1 : September 14, 2009, 01:26:14 AM

A lot of maybes and should bes. Jones isn't going to be a 22 point per week back by any means. Felix Jones is a change of pace back and is a flex starter in fantasy. Lendal isn't going to get 15 TDs again. Leon Washington is like Felx, a change of pace back and returner.

feels good proving u wrong :)

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#2 : September 01, 2009, 11:51:35 AM

ok 1st league is the my main one.  it is .5 ppr.  and 4 points per passing TD.  this is the league where everyone really knows football.  so its tought getting good people.  12 teams.  i went wr's early and qb.  and then i got some late round rbs.  sleeper pick rbs.

QB: Aaron Rodgers

RB: Julius Jones
RB: Lendale White
RB: Felix Jones
RB: Leon Washington
RB: Rashard Mendenhall
RB: Caddilac Williams

WR: Randy Moss
WR: Larry Fitzgerald
WR: Roy Williams
WR: Eddie Royal

TE: Vis Shaincoe

D/ST: Patriots
D/ST: Bears
D/ST: Chargers

K: Longwell

2nd team is in a No ppr league.  and 6 points per QB TD.  so thats a lot.  10 person league.  people are not that skilled at fantasy in this league.

QB: Tom Brady

RB: Brandon Jacobs
RB: Joseph Addai
RB: Willie Parker
RB: Chris Beanie Wells
RB: Thomas Pierre

WR: Randy Moss
WR: Greg Jennings
WR: Lance Moore

TE: Jeremy Shockey

D/ST: Bears

K: Rackers.

now my 3rd league is a 1 point per ppr.  so backs that catch the ball a lot like reggie bush are valuable.  and wes welkers also.  eddie royal type players.  and 4 points per passing TD.   there is 2 rb spots and 2 wr spots.  and 1 spot for rb/wr.

QB: Phillip Rivers

RB: Adrian Peterson
RB: Reggie Bush
RB: Ray Rice
RB: Willie Parker
RB: Felix Jones
RB: Pierre Thomas

WR: Eddie Royal
WR: Antonio Bryant
WR: Devin Hester

TE: Jason Witten

D/ST: Chargers
D/ST: Giants

K: Rackers

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#3 : September 01, 2009, 11:54:27 AM

on 620 i told justin pawlowski my first team, he said i was stacked.  he expects julius jones to be the sh*t.  also lendale and felix jones.  my WR's are stacked and my qb may be #1 in the league this year (says skip)

Booker

Hall of Famer

#4 : September 01, 2009, 12:55:23 PM

Team one is far from stacked. The RBs are incredibly weak. Julius is now sharing a backfield with Edge and is not to be considered a number one fantasy back for a team. Yes the WRs are great but the RBs are weak by far. There is no true number one there.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#5 : September 01, 2009, 05:33:49 PM

Team one is far from stacked. The RBs are incredibly weak. Julius is now sharing a backfield with Edge and is not to be considered a number one fantasy back for a team. Yes the WRs are great but the RBs are weak by far. There is no true number one there.

lendale had 15 tds last year and looks better this year.  and edge was signed and they said he was going to be used as a change of pace guy. meaning that julius will get goaline + every other carry and snap until edge spells him.  which is common.  look at juluis' first 3 games with hasslebeck, then look at his later season w/o him.  he scored 7 poitns, 22 points, 22 points.  i will take a 22 point back any day.

felix jones, look at his numbers from last year.  enough said.  8.9 YPC.  felix jones is a playmaker.

leon washington is the best player on the jets offense.  look for him to show up big this year.

mendenhall, i dunno about,..  same with caddy.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 01, 2009, 05:42:02 PM

A lot of maybes and should bes. Jones isn't going to be a 22 point per week back by any means. Felix Jones is a change of pace back and is a flex starter in fantasy. Lendal isn't going to get 15 TDs again. Leon Washington is like Felx, a change of pace back and returner.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#7 : September 01, 2009, 07:06:20 PM

Rodgers for NFL mvp!

-------------------------------------------------------

bait619

Starter

#8 : September 02, 2009, 08:10:22 PM

First team: running backs are horrible...you don't have a number one running back by anybody's standards...yeah you may get some production of JJ but his line is shoddy and he would barely be a flex position starter on any of my teams.  What is Edge gonna change the pace to...slow? I like Felix and Washington a lot but niether are starters on their own team, perfect for the flex.  Lendale White...really as your number two?  He might score some touchdowns or not but he's not gonna get the bulk of the carries.  He might go off a week here or there but his consistency will be nil and there will be some weeks that he will get beat by your kicker...Caddy and Mendenhall...bleh

What is the Roy Williams man-love fest...he has always been inconsistent, injury-prone and did absolutely nothing last year...you could have picked a better pony to ride

Oh and why so many defenses?  Can you start more than one...if not, what a waste to have three D's unless you plan on using them in a trade...that is the only possible thing I could think of. 

Other than that there is a lot I like on all three teams...WR on the first two except for Roy are studs...

Better hope willie parker gets hurt so mendenhall gets the workload...oh wait...you have parker on both your other teams..."scratches head" huh?!?

FortMyersDave

Pro Bowler
#9 : September 03, 2009, 06:12:19 PM

3 defenses seem a bit of a reach.   RB's are thin but your WR core is good and that 0.5 ppr will help.   See if a Fred Jackson or similar RB left open, you'd be surprised what you'd find....

Booker

Hall of Famer

#10 : September 14, 2009, 11:41:13 PM

Oh come on. Julius went against St Louis and had one big run for 12 points. Felix did nothing and White did nothing. Washington was what I said. 

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 20, 2009, 10:19:03 PM

You know what I find funny... I drafted last in just about every round in my league and I'll bet I still walk away each week with more points than you...

To bad you're not playing in my league so I could prove you wrong...

bait619

Starter

#12 : September 21, 2009, 12:44:50 PM

First team: running backs are horrible...you don't have a number one running back by anybody's standards...yeah you may get some production of JJ but his line is shoddy and he would barely be a flex position starter on any of my teams. What is Edge gonna change the pace to...slow? I like Felix and Washington a lot but niether are starters on their own team, perfect for the flex. Lendale White...really as your number two? He might score some touchdowns or not but he's not gonna get the bulk of the carries. He might go off a week here or there but his consistency will be nil and there will be some weeks that he will get beat by your kicker...Caddy and Mendenhall...bleh

Oh and why so many defenses? Can you start more than one...if not, what a waste to have three D's unless you plan on using them in a trade...that is the only possible thing I could think of.

hmm, turns out jj and caddy showed up big, and leon did good. shows how much u know. o and roy williams also......... hmm.. i think i know something u dont know........

what is it that you know that i don't?
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: im in a few leagues, check out 3 of my teams. what do u think? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools